Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) (1519 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) / Angry Nigerian Kid Steals His Father's Keys & Drives Off His Car In U.S (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by stephenduru: 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Angry Nigerian rants on Facebook, about the homework given to her 5-year-old niece

"I am very certain that when I become a mother, and my children are in this country, I'm going to be the scourge and headaches of some schools.
Last year, my niece was given an assignment on figures. A girl that was 4 years old then, you asked her to write 50 – 100 and you asked her to write such in a 2A exercise book. You didn't rule the pages of the 2A, you just gave it to her like that. Except memory must have failed me, the exercise book for writing figures is 2B.
The girl got confused at a point, the tired mother spanked her, her cries touched me so raw and I had to go look at what was causing all the noise and tears. I saw it and I asked the mom if any teacher gave her such assignment in a 2A notebook while she was the daughter's age.
I wrote a note to the class teacher. Anyway, the nonsense stopped for a short while. If as a parent I send my ward to your school, you in turn now give my child any nonsense homework, then I will let you realise that I can send the Ministry of Education after you
Some will give homework that any sane person knows that it is the parents that will eventually do it. My parents, my elder brothers never did any of my homework for me. Homework is meant to test if the child has a good grasp of what you imparted and also to see if your method of teaching is working.
You don't test me as a parent. What sort of nonsense assignment is this? What concerns a pupil with Shina Peters? Is this part of the school's curriculum? Some will ask parents to pay for excursions and the destination for such will be shoprite or Eko hotel.
Are these schools mad houses or what? And parents still send their children there The other day, one mushroom school in my neighbourhood at Badagry was teaching one useless rhyme… "left right left right, ikebe no dey heavy the owner, left right.." I was beyond shock.
There is an open community well right in front of the school, an uncovered well. I wrote about it and a cousin inboxed me to say I shouldn't expose the school. Where do we start from?"

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/01/angry-nigerian-rants-on-facebook-about.html

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Judeoxide(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
You've gat to be kidding me
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by DeLaRue: 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
I was helping a 4 year old with homework and was shocked by the maths. It was way above what a 4yr old should be grappling with. And there were about 25 exercises.

On top of that,, he also had home work in 3 other subjects. And it's like that every day.

The poor boy could barely keep his eyes open half way through the exercise.

Who tha hell is setting the curriculum for these kids?

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by gmaribel(m): 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
D ___________ (A)Banj (B)Koko (C)Maria

Chai.......Chai..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Chumani(f): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lmao
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by DeLaRue: 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Kids in Finland dont start formal school until they are 6yrs old, yet Finland primary & secondary students outperform students from other countries year in year out.

My sister's 3 yr old already have to learn to write from 1 to 500.

Why the rush to overload these kids & not allow their brain to develop in a natural way?

2 Likes

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by phantom(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....its funny and tragic at the same time....SMH for nija.....and if you check,the schools fees fit be like 150-200 grand for teaching nonsense.....GOD HELP US.
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by derrick333(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lol, dat pix is a reall joke joor ,abi NA musical scul?

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by cococandy(f): 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
So true.
The people who arrange the curriculum for these kids are dumb. How many of them even understand child psychology much less what they as kids need to be learning?
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by sheunfemix: 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
I will not dispute the fact that some schools go overboard. But there are times the teachers want us as parents to be involved in our child's learning. I don't see any reason why the mother could not draw the lines for the child.
One other important thing to note is that these children are young and their brain is best for assimilating things. just so u know, a child of 6 years can learn 4 languages together at a time. So y not teach them when they can learn it all

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Curiouscity(m): 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
sheunfemix:
I will not dispute the fact that some schools go overboard. But there are times the teachers want us as parents to be involved in our child's learning. I don't see any reason why the mother could not draw the lines for the child.
One other important thing to note is that these children are young and their brain is best for assimilating things. just so u know, a child of 6 years can learn 4 languages together at a time. So y not teach them when they can learn it all

So because a 6 years old brain can assimilate 4 languages, you expect a 6yr child to learn everything including naija hip-hop? Don't read things upside down please. 4yrs should be doing colouring and basis counting. With all this rushing, what is the result?

2 Likes

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by yvelchstores(f): 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
Most schools are opened for profit motives only. Serious business.
Unfortunately, some parents look for the best looking school uniform. The system here in Nigeria needs intervention!

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Cadamlk: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
:oAre we going to call that current affairs or what? What kind of crap is this?
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Vyolet(f): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
The "left, right ikebe no dey heavy the owner part got me LMAO cheesy.
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by sheunfemix: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
Curiouscity:

So because a 6 years old brain can assimilate 4 languages, you expect a 6yr child to learn everything including naija hip-hop? Don't read things upside down please. 4yrs should be doing colouring and basis counting. With all this rushing, what is the result?

did I say a 6yr old should learn Nigerian hip hop? :s
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Someone should please tell me its a joke..
Is that assignment in social studies or music?
Heaven knows that I will not allow my child(ren) step into that school again
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by oppybouy(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2016
Looool. Op pls tell me that picture real?
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Onegai(f): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2016
I think the Ministry of Education should close all private schools. Most of them are run for profit. A friend of mine is building a school, as investment. He's not more educated than the average undergrad and shows zero interest in furthering his personal knowledge. Yet he said he will hand the school over to his wife and mum (neither of whom are education facilitators) to run.

What nonsense is this??

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by sheunfemix: 10:19am On Jan 27, 2016
Onegai:
I think the Ministry of Education should close all private schools. Most of them are run for profit. A friend of mine is building a school, as investment. He's not more educated than the average undergrad and shows zero interest in furthering his personal knowledge. Yet he said he will hand the school over to his wife and mum (neither of whom are education facilitators) to run.

What nonsense is this??
The Ministry of Education should close all private schools??!!! That's so hilarious because government schools are worse. And we all know it. Don't just get me started on what's happening there.

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Onegai(f): 10:28am On Jan 27, 2016
sheunfemix:
The Ministry of Education should close all private schools??!!! That's so hilarious because government schools are worse. And we all know it. Don't just get me started on what's happening there.

I know full well what goes on there; I volunteered with some. What did you do??

There are too many mushroom private schools in existence. If there are fewer schools, there will be better standards as state resources won't be stretched too thin. We don't need a million small rubbish schools, we need fewer large quality schools. I grew up with access to public libraries and a government education and my parents attended PTA meetings and everyone gave a damn because the person sitting as the head of the school was a seasoned educator hiring teachers (not graduates that needed a job as we do now). But now, every single library with a low income or middle class private school I've seen in Lagos (and I've seen more than a few) sells school books, that's all.

The millions being paid at some private schools, yet their students cannot write SATs without further training. All they have are pretty facilities.

Close most private schools down and hand them back to true educators and not people who are looking to supplement their income, keep their wives busy or make profit to enlarge their wealth. Force the government to do its job (if all our kids were attending Queen's College and KC, we would care more what is happening there).

2 Likes

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by alfa0: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2016
God bless this woman, i have been wondering about this for a long time.i was thinking if am the only one at loss with the method of teaching these days.

my first son is 3.2 years old currently in nursery school,i tell you i speechless on what he brings home as homework,of course for the parents to do.

I told my wife i cant touch those home work for him,why giving my child 100/100 mark when he was not the one that did the home work.

my child cannot even write properly but when you see his homework,its for children that can hold the pen and write very well

i believe we are deceiving our self in this country.

Recently,my wife was telling me of extra moral lesson and home teacher..i was like what!..for a child of that age. lesson and home teacher to teach him ABCD, songs and rhymes. hmmm. No way.. what is the purpose of the school fees i paid.

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by sheunfemix: 11:09am On Jan 27, 2016
Onegai:

There are too many mushroom private schools in existence. If there are fewer schools, there will be better standards as state resources won't be stretched too thin. We don't need a million small rubbish schools, we need fewer large quality schools. I grew up with access to public libraries and a government education and my parents attended PTA meetings and everyone gave a damn because the person sitting as the head of the school was a seasoned educator hiring teachers (not graduates that needed a job as we do now). But now, every single library with a low income or middle class private school I've seen in Lagos (and I've seen more than a few) sells school books, that's all.
The millions being paid at some private schools, yet their students cannot write SATs without further training. All they have are pretty facilities.
Close most private schools down and hand them back to true educators and not people who are looking to supplement their income, keep their wives busy or make profit to enlarge their wealth. Force the government to do its job (if all our kids were attending Queen's College and KC, we would care more what is happening there).
what do u mean by what did I do? anyway, you have just said d right thing... to close mushroom private schools not all private schools like u said before before.
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by jashar(f): 11:52am On Jan 27, 2016
I blame the Ministry of Education. They have no standards.
It's only in this country you'll tell a jobless person to go and teach when most times the person has no interest or background in teaching.

Teaching should not just be something you do before you get your dream job. Most 'teachers' nowadays are just teaching to avoid being idle.

1 Like

Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nairaland children, this question is for you.

Another Name for Blue Diamond's Baby Daddy is Wiz ___ A. Boy B. Adult C. Kid D. Khalifa

grin grin grin
Re: Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) by sheunfemix: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
Onegai:

no need to go on and on about this. the appropriate thing to say is that the ministry of Education should close down SOME private schools. which was not what u said initially. I believe some pvt schools should be closed down as well. we are on d same page.

(1) (Reply)

Downside Of Giving Birth To Too Many Children / Girls That Do This, What Do They Gain From It? (pics) / Newlywed Couple Celebrates Their New Life By Having S*x With Their Dog (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.