Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate (832 Views)

Olubadan's Wife, Kudirat Aduke Is Dead / 21 Ibadan Kings To Dethrone Olubadan / Mujidat Alagbada, Olubadan's Daughter Dies In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:14am On Jan 27, 2016
The Olubadan-designate and the Balogun of Ibadanland, High Chief Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, has said his first agenda is to ensure the speedy creation of Ibadan State.

Adetunji spoke yesterday at his Popoyemoja home when he hosted dignitaries, including the leaders of the Ibadan Elders Forum, Oluyole Club of Lagos, Onisese Osemeji Ibadan, Old Students of Ibadan Grammar School, Fuji Musicians Association of Nigeria (FUMAN), Baale Elewura and other groups.

Adetunji, who insisted on speak in Yoruba, declared that he was persuaded by the likes of Chief Omiyale, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu and other Ibadan elders to become the Mogaji of his family and later the Jagun Balogun.

The Olubadab-designate said he passed through 23 steps to get to the exalted stool. He said the agitation for the creation of Ibadan State started in 1976.

According to him, several efforts had been made to ensure the realisation of the dream. The Olubadan-designate, who was decked in agbada lace, said he was prosperous in his music promotion business in Lagos and other cities at home and abroad.

Adetunji said what he achieved since 1976, when he became the Mogaji, could only be achieved by someone who depends on God only.

He said: “The creation of Ibadan State is my first priority. We have gone to Abuja about three times. The person who was there before promised that we would continue to fight for it. I believe it will be achieved during my tenure.

“I will be happy when Ibadan State is created for the development of Ibadanland.

“I thank God; it is God who makes one to become the Olubadan because it is not everybody that climbs the ladder to become the Olubadan. People like the late Omiyale, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu persuaded me to come to the Olubadan chieftaincy line.”

On behalf of his members, Chief Olusola Saanu congratulated the Olubadan-designate. He promised his association’s support for the Olubadan-designate.

Saanu, who was flanked by the President General of the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII), Chief Wole Akinwande and other members of the association, said the association was established to promote unity, peace and development among Ibadan indigenes.

On behalf of Lagos members of Oluyole Club, a former Vice Chancellor of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Prof Niyi Osuntokun, described the visit as a gesture of the association’s commitment to the Olubadan-designate.

Also, the spokesperson of the Onisese Osemeji, Baale Omikunle, prayed for the successful tenure of the Olubadan-designate. The Awise Ibadan, Chief Akinade Ayoade, prayed for the monarch to have a successful tenure.

He pledged the support of traditional religion worshipers for Adetunji. Fuji musicians, including Alhaji Rasidi Ayinde, also pledged their support for the monarch in waiting.

They prayed for Adetunji’s long life and good health. Other visitors to the home of the Olubadan- designate included Prof Soji Adejumo and Chief Adegboyega Arulogun.

source: the nation
more@ http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/01/my-agenda-for-ibadan-by-olubadan.html?m=1

oya lalasticlala ishilove

Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by alatbaba1(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2016
I'll comment wen I wake up
Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
alatbaba1:
I'll comment wen I wake up
I hope u r awake
Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by alatbaba1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
I hope u r awake

I'm still sleeping.
Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
alatbaba1:

I'm still sleeping.
haaaaa since
Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by alatbaba1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
haaaaa since

The kpetus i shine last night + The Oyo weed my neighbor smoke dey enter my head. I go soon wake up.
Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by opeyemiieblog(m): 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
alatbaba1:

The kpetus i shine last night + The Oyo weed my neighbor smoke dey enter my head. I go soon wake up.
haaaaa I pray u wake oo because weed no b small tin oo
Re: My Agenda For Ibadan, By Olubadan-designate by Outofsync(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
*Smokes weed*

(1) (Reply)

Oba Abdul Rasheed Drive Caterpillar As He Flags Off Road Construction In Iwo(pix / Benin: Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace / Industrious Nature of Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.