Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom (8842 Views)

Kidnappers Abduct 21-Year-Old Man In Abia, Kill Him After 4 Days (Photos) / Policeman Shoots 23-Year-Old Farmer In Delta. Photos / 75-year-old Farmer Rapes Girl With Autism In Ogun (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by Lautechgossip(m): 7:56am On Jan 27, 2016

Some suspected kidnappers have abducted an 85- year-old farmer, Gabriel Oloro, in the Ikere Ekiti area of Ekiti State.

It was gathered that the kidnappers, who had contacted the family, demanded N40m as ransom.

The victim was said to be driving home with his wife around 9pm last Wednesday when the gang barricaded the road and hijacked his vehicle.

After dropping off the wife by the roadside, the men were reported to have driven the victim into their den and returned to give his wife the car key around 2am on Thursday.

One of the children of the victim, Adedayo, said the incident had left the family in panic, adding that their mother had become terribly sick as a result of the incident.

He said the octogenarian was sick before he was captured.

He said, “He had gone to his wife’s shop at Ogbon Tuntun, in Ikere Ekiti to take her home. They were going home in his black Toyota Camry, 2004 model,
when a man who was on a motorcycle suddenly alighted and started jogging in front of the car.

“The old man thought the jogger was using the car’s headlights to see the road, so he started driving slowly. As he approached home, he suddenly came across a log of wood that had been used to barricade the road.

“The man jogging suddenly stopped and two others emerged from the bush, armed with guns. They hijacked the vehicle and after driving some distance, they dropped his wife by the roadside and drove him away.

“Around 2am, they returned to the spot where they dropped the woman and gave her the car key. They described where they parked the car and asked her to go and pick it there.”

Adedayo said the kidnappers contacted the family and demanded N40m as ransom, adding that the family begged for mercy and the money was later
reduced to N10m.

He explained that the kidnappers, who sometimes called with unknown numbers, allowed him to talk to his father.

“My father said there were five of them that they kidnapped and four others had been killed. He begged me to find the money and pay the gang so they could spare his life. But I told him he knew we didn’t have money and he should have explained that to the kidnappers. He said he did, but they never believed him.

“When the kidnappers called me this morning (Tuesday)and I said we didn’t have their money, they said I did not love my father. Where do we get the
money from? He is only a peasant farmer and does not have any money,” he added.

It was learnt that the case had been reported at the Ekiti Police Command Headquaters and the police were working on the rescue of the victim.

Some community leaders were also said to be working on the case.

Another family member and a former Lagos council boss, Olumuyiwa Oloro, said he had developed high blood pressure, adding that he was only recently discharged from the hospital.

He said, “When they broke the news to me, I immediately developed high BP. I don’t know why a person of my father’s age should be kidnapped.

“I may be the immediate past chairman of Ojodu Local Council Development Area, but I am no more
in government and there is no money anywhere. The economy of the country is not good.”

The Ekiti Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Alberto Adeyemi, said, “The police have launched a manhunt for the kidnappers. The victim will be rescued soon.”

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/kidnappers-abduct-85-year-old-farmer-ekiti-demand-n40m-ransom/
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by Clakyvip: 7:57am On Jan 27, 2016
We need more jobs in this country, youths are trying to find quick means to make cash, the Govt have to tackle the root of this matter, if they r caught anoda will rise. Our youths need to be more patient n lean on God.God help us
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by pyyxxaro: 7:57am On Jan 27, 2016
Sai Fayose

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by Lautechgossip(m): 8:01am On Jan 27, 2016
pyyxxaro:
Sai Fayose
Lols. Sai pyyxxaro

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by kossyablaze(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2016
40 wat?
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by kelvyn7: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2016
40 GINI? shocked

DID THEY HEAR DAT HE IS RELATED TO DASUKI? lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by tollytexy(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2016
Baba don kuku reach 85.. that's all i gotta say.. if una like make una think negative grin

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by looseweight: 9:33am On Jan 27, 2016
40 million or what?

By the time his family tells you that they can only provide 4,000 you will release him.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by eleko1: 9:33am On Jan 27, 2016
sad The children of nowadays nor dey fear elderly pipu. May those bastards remain misfortune.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by DirtyGold: 9:34am On Jan 27, 2016
Hungry kidnappers.
Tales like these quickly corrupt the mindset of people with good intentions. Next time, they won't be so kind to people on the road.

Police, what's the business?
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by kennyman2000(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2016
Hmmmm.. They kidnapped him because of his son who was once a local govt chairman. May God help us.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 27, 2016
45Million ransom for an old man like that?

Why don't these kidnappers fear God?

But this story sha.

A peasant farmer driving a 2004 Model Toyota.

I rest my case.
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by tolexy007(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2016
shocked
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by keypad1: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2016
I blame buhari for this.
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by mynameisike: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by ninjatoyta87: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2016
Make dem go dey kidnap top govenment officials
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by MARKone(m): 9:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Lol how things change. Some set of people were laughing that South East is the Den of Kidnappers, not knowing "na ife di na be Oke di na be nwa ògini".

Anyway I hope baba comes home hale and hearty.
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by marxist88: 9:47am On Jan 27, 2016
He is @ 85 but, he was kidnapped!! Nigerian kidnappers
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by sirjakez(m): 9:50am On Jan 27, 2016
hungry kidnappers everywhere... I pray DAT he should be released soon..
morning everyone
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by eleko1: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2016
So because he's a peasant farmer,he shouldn't drive 2004 Toyota but 1950 pijo/keke? He have children nah.
kennygee:
45Million ransom for an old man like that?

Why don't these kidnappers fear God?

But this story sha.

A peasant farmer driving a 2004 Model Toyota.

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016
eleko1:
So because he's a peasant farmer,he shouldn't drive 2004 Toyota but 1950 pijo/keke? He have children nah.

Okay o.
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by eleko1: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2016
grin cool How's taiyeboi
kennygee:

Okay o.
wink
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by rusher14: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2016
At 85 I won't give a hoot.

Kill me if you want.

That money you'll never receive.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by eleko1: 10:01am On Jan 27, 2016
keypad1:
I blame buhari for this.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:06am On Jan 27, 2016
God bring Baba home safely
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2016
They thought he is Falae, kidnappers thats not Falae!!sad
Re: Kidnappers Abduct 85-year-old Farmer In Ekiti, Demand N40m Ransom by ademega(m): 10:24am On Jan 27, 2016
this is bad. when I saw ikere I thought NA olumilua., that would have been two States ransoms money. they should leave the old man naw. this people don't even think of the consequences of their actions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics Of Evans And Wife And House In Magodo / Two Caught Having Sex In The School Corridor(photos) / A One Million Boys Gang Member Caught Today In My Area?graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.