Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Why Are Nigerian People Like This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian People Like This? (606 Views)

Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian People Like This? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 27, 2016
Hello there. I couldn't figure out the right section for this.
But I've got to pour out my thoughts.
Recently I observed that we all have some friends that will ask you for money knowing fully well that it will greatly inconvenience you to give that money to him. When you say "no"the person will take offence.

For example yesterday,my friend.(close friend) asked me for #100 and I had only #100 on me. I made this clear to him but he kept bugging me I had to give in to let peace reign. Not that I'm scared of him or anybody but I hate fights and malice which could have been the result had I refused. Fastfoward three hours later when he promised to pay back the money I called him on phone only for the guy to start shouting at me and calling me names for disturbing him for #100 naira. I was so shocked and sad..this is someone i've got his back anyday anytime.this isn't the first time this is happening between us.

Sorry for the long epistle. But my question is how do we treat such friends while keeping the friendship intact and my reputation too. Thanks.

Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy

Help please
Re: Why Are Nigerian People Like This? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Be your brothers keeper
smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian People Like This? by Pineapp: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2016
So na only your friend make you say "Nigeria people"? embarassed

Never lend money unless you are ready to write it off. Stop displeasing yourself to please anyone undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian People Like This? by orisa37: 10:33am On Jan 27, 2016
If you don't have, don't give. And stay without further emotions. That's the way to avoid sin.
Re: Why Are Nigerian People Like This? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
pineapp I mean NIGERIAN people its just that my friend is a typical example which made me post this,but on a general note you can bear me witness on the point I'm making

(1) (Reply)

Are You The Right Person? / What Would Be Your Reaction If This Happens To You? / What Your 10 Most Common Dreams Say About You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.