Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) (33082 Views)

This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Top 10 Hangout And Fun Spots In Ibadan And Its Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by MosakuAW(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
banmee:

Obviously you have no idea. Keep deceiving yourself. The first coup was a few years after independence and you had multiple military rulers for decades and you say the country was great. I wonder when the country ever had time to be great in such a scenario? Small pikin. Dem de take picture decieve am. No be by age...Learn your history.

If only you could answer my question! If you call me small pikin, no whaala i agree with you but i know very well that you were never born when i born, which was the era that Naira replaces pound as legal tender in Nigeria and 2naira was equall to 1 pound.

During that period in the pix above, people buy new cars unlike tokunbo of today. During that period, nothing like China products unlike we have it allover today. I know you Indomie generation and you only read the bad part of history and never the good part because you are thought to look at the bad and ignore the good part.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by GodMode: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
eleko1:
cool cool Lagos b4 those immigrants from Eastside come dey do yanga,dey shitty shitty everywhere undecided.

blame it on the civil war.... what's happening in Syria now.... is what likely happened in the east After the civil war... most of the south easterners started migrating...
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by eleko1: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
The civil war is over since,they are free to go back to their 'country' instead of disturbing our PEACE here with their IPOD nuisance
GodMode:

blame it on the civil war.... what's happening in Syria now.... is what likely happened in the east After the civil war... most of the south easterners started migrating...
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by ibedun: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
Excuzeme:

EXACTLY!

Lagos ...before "they" came with their fake-this, fake-that, kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killing and "get-money-at-all-cost" syndrome!

....and there was no Crude oil in those days (20's , 30's , 40's , 50's ) so it was Yoruba money, from Agricultural and Water resources, that the indigenes used in developing their land.

These 'lubbish-people' really need to go back to where they came from! Someone should arrange for many CHISCO Bus please

For the sake of our children we need to start a movement. The bastards MUST go!!!!
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by banmee(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
MosakuAW:

If only you could answer my question! If you call me small pikin, no whaala i agree with you but i know very well that you were never born when i born, which was the era that Naira replaces pound as legal tender in Nigeria and 2naira was equall to 1 pound.

During that period in the pix above, people buy new cars unlike tokunbo of today. During that period, nothing like China products unlike we have it allover today. I know you Indomie generation and you only read the bad part of history and never the good part because you are thought to look at the bad and ignore the good part.

Lol. . .To give you a better idea. I graduated college in 95. So if i graduated college in 95, when do you think i graduated high school? Sinking in now? Like i said, the problem with you and a lot of Nigerians is you don't know your history and worse still is you don't learn from it. The first coup was in '66. The reason it happened according to the coup plotters was because of corruption and mismanagement. The same problems you all are facing today. So, from day one of your existence, you have had leaders who have looted you blind so how can you make progress and be great? Your definition of great confounds me. Well in a way you are right. Nigeria is great when it comes to corruption, lawlessness, graft, etc. You are using the purchase of cars as a yardstick for growth as if that is the only measure. There were a lot more people commuting with 'bolekaja' than there were people who had POV's. And for your information, a country can peg it's currency value to whatever it wants. It does not necessarily mean it has value. Let me give you another tip. Fela released his first song in the 70's and from his words you'd think he released it yesterday. The same crap he sang about then is the same thing going on today. You don't have to be Einstein to figure this out. Haba bro's wake up.
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by BABANGBALI: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
Sijo01:
When the environments were serene
before the arrival of shoekudi,sheoma,shenedu,shejoke,sheamaka,shenyere,shidiebere and co

1 Like

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by ibedun: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
banmee:

Lol. . .To give you a better idea. I graduated college in 95. So if i graduated college in 95, when do you think i graduated high school? Sinking in now? Like i said, the problem with you and a lot of Nigerians is you don't know your history and worse still is you don't learn from it. The first coup was in '66. The reason it happened according to the coup plotters was because of corruption and mismanagement. The same problems you all are facing today. So, from day one of your existence, you have had leaders who have looted you blind so how can you make progress and be great? Your definition of great confounds me. Well in a way you are right. Nigeria is great when it comes to corruption, lawlessness, graft, etc. You are using the purchase of cars as a yardstick for growth as if that is the only measure. There were a lot more people commuting with 'bolekaja' than there were people who had POV's. And for your information, a country can peg it's currency value to whatever it wants. It does not necessarily mean it has value. Let me give you another tip. Fela released his first song in the 70's and from his words you'd think he released it yesterday. The same crap he sang about then is the same thing going on today. You don't have to be Einstein to figure this out. Haba bro's wake up.

Go and read the account of Mungo Park written in 1720s. The same shitt is going on today. There is something strangely disfunctional about black people. A screw is loose somewhere in our genetic make up.

1 Like

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by banmee(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
ibedun:

Go and read the account of Mungo Park written in 1720s. The same shitt is going on today. There is something strangely disfunctional about black people. A screw is loose somewhere in our genetic make up.

The problem is people in Nigeria just don't want to admit it. They think everything is rosy about the way they think and do business. I still cannot fathom how anyone can say Nigeria was once great even though there is evidence to the contrary. It beats the imagination.
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by mart2k(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
feedthenation:
How I wish it will be easy to de-populate Lagos state now and bring it back to its previous state?
We wl send them bak to the EAST
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by mart2k(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
BABANGBALI:
before the arrival of shoekudi,sheoma,shenedu,shejoke,sheamaka,shenyere,shidiebere and co
U ar so on point

1 Like

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
Biafra rats 1966

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by forgiveness: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lemon12:
nigerdeltans oil money developed Lagos

#fact

You are right! Ondo and itshekiri oil. grin
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by MosakuAW(m): 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
banmee:

All you typed up there are just things of hate in your heart about Nigeria. I repeat this country was once great and soon it will return to her greatness. You never gave me any reason(s) to beleive it was never a great country like you said. I will take your opinion, but does not mean i agree with you. You only talked about political history of Nigeria because it was mainly govern by the military but you never speak about the economy of the country as a whole. I wish you best of luck in your beleive about Nigeria but i wil still stand on my word. Nigeria was once great and will be great again.
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by banmee(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
MosakuAW:

All you typed up there are just things of hate in your heart about Nigeria. I repeat this country was once great and soon it will return to her greatness. You never gave me any reason(s) to beleive it was never a great country like you said. I will take your opinion, but does not mean i agree with you. You only talked about political history of Nigeria because it was mainly govern by the military but you never speak about the economy of the country as a whole. I wish you best of luck in your beleive about Nigeria but i wil still stand on my word. Nigeria was once great and will be great again.

Seriously? How can their be economic growth and stability when a country is not stable politically? I challenge to give examples of countries which have thrived under those conditions.
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by OgbeniAdeola9(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lemon12:

#fact
When was oil detected in nigerdelta, nd when was these pictuRes taken

1 Like

Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by chakula: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lemon12:

#fact
And it continues developing with their (Niger Deltans) belonging asap.
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by happney65: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
190:
Im glad i was born then smiley

I can clearly see myself in one of those pictures walking just by the cable office

But i wont show you nairalanders my face so you dont know what i looked like in the 60's

Hmmmmm..Lie Mohammed. grin
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by piagetskinner(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nigeria shall regain it's lost glory in JESUS Name
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nigerians are too retarded to know any better or get better & keep up with the world. It's delusional. Always having to learn sh!t from a white guy. We can't do more than think like slaves. Curse of the black skin.
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by omolola15(m): 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
E Don tey wey Victoria island don fine oooo. .
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by folawalesegun: 3:24am On Jan 28, 2016
look more better and organised than present day Lagos
Re: What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) by vpaymoney(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
olatiler:

Tell them my brother, because they say it was them who develop Lagos after flooding Lagos with all sorts of illegality and importation of fake products grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kikikikikakakakakakakukukukukukuuuuukokokokiiiiii......
U badtt o. Lwkmoooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano's Christmas Decorations In Awka , Anambra State - Pictures / Man Escapes Deportation From Sweden The Second Time By Crying Inconsolably / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Afternoon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.