Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Whats Wrong With Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats Wrong With Nairaland (2125 Views)

E-mail Associated With Nairaland / Nnu.ng Got It Wrong With Nairaland.com / Whats Wrong With Simplepay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With Nairaland by empirecast(f): 4:53am On Jan 28, 2016
Using nairaland can be annoying and frustrating some times. No significant improvement or development

4 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Jeromejnr(m): 5:02am On Jan 28, 2016
How?
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Donald3d(m): 7:35am On Jan 28, 2016
empirecast:
Using nairaland can be annoying and frustrating some times. No significant improvement or development
ma'am thats what makes this place unique,some code modifications are done from time to time,it what you cant see,have you ever wondered why you get addicted to nairaland ?.what changes would like to see ? i will relay it to seun the next time we go for a morning exercise together or when we go to eat ewa agoyin together *winks* seriously i love nairaland,who among you feels the same.

3 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by unilorinvirgin(f): 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Donald3d:
ma'am thats what makes this place unique,some code modifications are done from time to time,it what you cant see,have you ever wondered why you get addicted to nairaland ?.what changes would like to see ? i will relay it to seun the next time we go for a morning exercise together or when we go to eat ewa agoyin together *winks* seriously i love nairaland,who among you feels the same.

Category for personal development & self improvement

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Seun(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
empirecast:
What specific improvements are you looking forward to? What are the things that you find frustrating? Take your time and explain it well. Tnx.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Oga Seun, i think you should create a FAQ thread, and put its link in the Footer.

i mean Something like the "See How To Advertise" link
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
Seun ...........Just like facebook, nairaland should have an indicator at the back or front undecided of a monikr 2 show if a monikr is online or not....jst my saying sha....

I still luv the site regardless wink !

2 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by arize99: 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
It is simply because there is not competition. When a good one comes, I'm sure what they need to change will come from no where.

6 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2016
arize99:
It is simply because there is not competition. When a good one comes, I'm sure what they need to change will come from no where.

Well said man, I tried to ignore this thread but your comment just made me interested..

No competition or rivalry, so nairaland can look how it wants to look, upgrade when it likes, I can't even find a terms and conditions page for a site made in 2005..instead "Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland."

Seun this is just a constructive criticism, but watchout for competitors coming this year! that launched recently..e.g: http://www.gdevit.com

3 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Seun(m): 1:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
I am yet to get any concrete complaints from this thread. I was so looking forward to some constructive and helpful criticism, but got nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Seun:
I am yet to get any concrete complaints from this thread. I was so looking forward to some constructive and helpful criticism, but got nothing.
we need "dislike" button on this forum.
It'll enhance discussion and awareness on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by uchennamani(m): 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Seun:
Okay. I think the forum is well run at this point; the moderators are very professional and above board on how they go about their duties. Nevertheless, there are some topics I believe should be cleared by a professional before it gets to the front page at least. Topics bordering on legal issues, for example, ought to get the approval of a legal expert before it is published on Nairaland. My reasons for this opinion are as follows: first, as an online forum, members and guest learn alike learn from the mass number of articles and posts that are published on the forum on daily basis. Most of these are posts are published by laymen with no knowledge of the relevant principles that guide the particular discipline. On this regard, I would suggest the creation of a 'Law/legal section' which shall be moderated by lawyers or a person of like ability. Secondly, some of the topics that appear on the front page, are in mind opinion, not worthy to be cleared for publication anywhere on Nairaland. This, perhaps, is suggest to a different opinion and view point. I would suggest that the rules that dictate how posts get to the front page should be amended and made public so that members could at least be notified about it. Lastly, I believe it would be better if a person that is banned is notified of the reason for such ban. I have been banned couple of times without the reason for same communicated to me. Yes, agreed, a person could be banned if he or she contravenes the rules of Nairaland. But what happens when the moderators that are given such important power uses it for other flimsy reason? I believe I was banned because of my different religious opinions, or perhaps, because of my support for a particular politician. Whatever it is, I suggest that a person that is banned be put to notice the reason for such ban; and also, the creation for a higher authority that would look into whether the moderators abused his powers in that regard when that member appeal to it. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by 0luwatope(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
I've been browsing since I was 12 yrs, I remembered visiting sometin like nairaland but I don't understand any dahm tin on nairaland until I was 18.... That's one of the reasons why we have matured peeps on nairaland and we have kids on 2go. OP, are u a kid ?

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Amastermovic(m): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
uchennamani:
Okay. I think the forum is well run at this point; the moderators are very professional and above board on how they go about their duties. Nevertheless, there are some topics I believe should be cleared by a professional before it gets to the front page at least. Topics bordering on legal issues, for example, ought to get the approval of a legal expert before it is published on Nairaland. My reasons for this opinion are as follows: first, as an online forum, members and guest learn alike learn from the mass number of articles and posts that are published on the forum on daily basis. Most of these are posts are published by laymen with no knowledge of the relevant principles that guide the particular discipline. On this regard, I would suggest the creation of a 'Law/legal section' which shall be moderated by lawyers or a person of like ability. Secondly, some of the topics that appear on the front page, are in mind opinion, not worthy to be cleared for publication anywhere on Nairaland. This, perhaps, is suggest to a different opinion and view point. I would suggest that the rules that dictate how posts get to the front page should be amended and made public so that members could at least be notified about it. Lastly, I believe it would be better if a person that is banned is notified of the reason for such ban. I have been banned couple of times without the reason for same communicated to me. Yes, agreed, a person could be banned if he or she contravenes the rules of Nairaland. But what happens when the moderators that are given such important power uses it for other flimsy reason? I believe I was banned because of my different religious opinions, or perhaps, because of my support for a particular politician. Whatever it is, I suggest that a person that is banned be put to notice the reason for such ban; and also, the creation for a higher authority that would look into whether the moderators abused his powers in that regard when that member appeal to it. Thanks.

Before seun close this kind of thread as usual please feature more post from the business section and I conquer with this man

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 08, 2016
uchennamani:
I concur with you 100%,I also got banned for flimsy reasons, I complained and complained no body took me serious. I sent pm to Seun several times, nothing. I think before a person is banned, he should be giving opportunity to defend themselves except for serious offenders, even murderers are given trials how much more

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by adebakin2016(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2016
Seun,

Nairaland has grown to be a very effective medium for education, information and knowledge transfer. I have personally benefited from the several experiences shared by members of this forum on various subject matters. Nairaland is highly informative and educative. I think an area of improvement should be that Moderators and Administrators should inform members who make complain about a post or topic of their decision to the request. In as much as I strongly support freedom of expression, some members use this forum as a means to spread false and malicious information in order to smear the pubic image of the people that they have grievances against. A very important case to note is that of Goodness Amadi using the accounts of Nobody and dukweuk4africa, who has written several false and malicious posts about myself, my colleagues, our Chairman and the company. UK4Africa on this nairaland and . You have removed the some of the posts but these two below are yet to be removed:

1) https://www.nairaland.com/2645020/dukwe-uk4frica-defrauds-widows-elderly#41062546

2) https://www.nairaland.com/2868041/being-safe-against-employment-fraud#42728026

The young man is under trial for attempted extortion, blackmail and attempt to obtain money under false pretense. I believe pictures dont lie.

Kindly let us know why this weblinks are yet to be removed since the complain was made to the moderators and adminstrators. Thank you for this medium to express our concerns.

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by empirecast(f): 6:42am On Feb 09, 2016
Seun:
What specific improvements are you looking forward to? What are the things that you find frustrating? Take your time and explain it well. Tnx.
I love nairaland & I must confess, You have done a great Job with nairaland.com, lots of great features but I strongly believe in daily improvement and development. It is not easy to do what you have done because if it was easy everyone will be doing it & be successful. I sent my suggestion as a direct tweet to your twitter page but it was ignored. My ideas are not free now because I have started learning web development due to major challenges of Nigerian web developer/ designer. I'm sure you have a great team, work together and find a way you can make life more better, empower the youth and give back to the community. Thank You Sir
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 09, 2016
empirecast:
I love nairaland & I must confess, You have done a great Job with nairaland.com, lots of great features but I strongly believe in daily improvement and development. It is not easy to do what you have done because if it was easy everyone will be doing it & be successful. I sent my suggestion as a direct tweet to your twitter page but it was ignored. My ideas are not free now because I have started learning web development due to major challenges of Nigerian web developer/ designer. I'm sure you have a great team, work together and find a way you can make life more better, empower the youth and give back to the community. Thank You Sir

You created a thread.. The owner of the forum heard and came, asked you to say what you want here, he did not say 'Tweet it'. At the end this is what you have to say? Why create the thread in the first place? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by empirecast(f): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
coolsix:

You created a thread.. The owner of the forum heard and came, asked you to say what you want here, he did not say 'Tweet it'. At the end this is what you have to say? Why create the thread in the first place? undecided

Its absolutely non of your business why I created the thread or what I have to say, Don't just comment like an illiterate just to gain attention for your signature. Use your common sense!

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Greene66: 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
empirecast:

Its absolutely non of your business why I created the thread or what I have to say, Don't just comment like an illiterate just to gain attention for your signature. Use your common sense!

Between two of you, i think you are the one who is an illiterate. See why:

1.) There is nothing like common sense

2.) You are seeking attention, if its nobody's business, why post on a forum with over 1.5million members? 1.5million Nigerians precisely? Why didn't you just call Seun on the phone? It seems you needed to advertise your signature. Get this in your skull, its everybody's business whatever you post here and everyone is free say anything they want. You dont go about insulting people.

3.) You are new here: You registered Oct 2015, The person who you claim is advertising signature(Shilling- Thats the original term. If you are so educated, you could have used the right word) registered 2013 and has been active ever since. So i dont think he needs to comment on your thread to "gain attention for his signature".

4.) You created a thread, and ended up tweeting it to seun. If anyone here needs "Common Sense" it's you!

Have a nice time.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by empirecast(f): 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Greene66:

Between two of you, i think you are the one who is an illiterate. See why:

1.) There is nothing like common sense

2.) You are seeking attention, if its nobody's business, why post on a forum with over 1.5million members? 1.5million Nigerians precisely? Why didn't you just call Seun on the phone? It seems you needed to advertise your signature. Get this in your skull, its everybody's business whatever you post here and everyone is free say anything they want. You dont go about insulting people.

3.) You are new here: You registered Oct 2015, The person who you claim is advertising signature(Shilling- Thats the original term. If you are so educated, you could have used the right word) registered 2013 and has been active ever since. So i dont think he needs to comment on your thread to "gain attention for his signature".

4.) You created a thread, and ended up tweeting it to seun. If anyone here needs "Common Sense" it's you!

Have a nice time.

5.) Write more reasons why you are an illiterate....

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Greene66: 11:30am On Feb 16, 2016
empirecast:

5.) Write more reasons why you are an illiterate....

See the effects of stupidity sad

2 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Amastermovic(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2016
Oya oga seun come and close this thread.. My people don't have complain again... Them just they rant here nii...
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Seun:

Just a little complain, if i write 'n a i j a t e c h n o . c o m' as a single word, it gets flagged as spam, and i get banned. I still don't know why, nobody has explained it to me. The only one MOD that cared to attend to my complain couldn't help, the SuperMODS wouldn't even respond at all.

I understand that i might just be an insignificant minority compared to the multitude of users you have here, but i think more Customer Relationship Management would really help, prolly you should re-enlighten your MODs and SuperMODs on how to handle customers complaints.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by yomalex(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Seun:
External links should open new tabs on Desktop browsers

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 23, 2016
Seun:

I wish I could reply to a thread without leaving the page.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
0luwatope:
I've been browsing since I was 12 yrs, I remembered visiting sometin like nairaland but I don't understand any dahm tin on nairaland until I was 18.... That's one of the reasons why we have matured peeps on nairaland and we have kids on 2go. OP, are u a kid ?

Bro, you were never just smart enough.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
Seun:
Improve the notification...
If I create thread I won't be notified of any reply, except mention...
I visited a forum and what kept me busy was the notification. When there's reply and follow up we should be notified and that will improve engagement...
Secondly, create a poll system that allows us input question and give options....
Lastly, please work on programming section. We need a box we can input code with convenience... The [cold] [/code+] ( I guess you know whyi the plus sign is there) tag is not enough we need to be able to scroll through code because when you paste code it might be too long but if you create a scrollable box for code it wont be long and will increase users experience...
Lemme stop because I have many things to say...(won't leave here if I continue)..
Thanks
Re: Whats Wrong With Nairaland by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Seun:
I am yet to get any concrete complaints from this thread. I was so looking forward to some and helpful criticism, but got nothing
New forum suggest!!!!
Create a section" FREE BROWSING" or just give it any better name...
You people are interested in free stuff. The phone section is too broad...
Then add some moderators and it will be nice...

MyOwnOpinionDiscardIfItsNotUseful

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD All These TOOLS For Almost Free NOW / Trendsvibes.com Launched, Please I Need A Honest Review / Who Wants To Earn 1000 Naira Weekly For Just Putting My Ad Code In Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.