Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) (24635 Views)

10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection / 4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Baby From Womb, Operates On Her Tumor, Returns Her Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by dre11(m): 7:16am On Jan 28, 2016
AN expectant mother, Mrs Tosin Taiwo, is battling to save her unborn baby after allegedly suffering a womb rupture following her collapse in police custody on Tuesday.

Mrs Taiwo who claimed to have bled for two days in police cell, said she was rushed to Randle General Hospital in Surulere, where it took doctors two hours to revive her.

She said she spent four days in detention at Surulere Police Station and was denied bail by the Investigating Police Officer (IPO). Mrs Louisa Njoku, who claimed to be acting on “orders from above”.

Mrs Taiwo, who is in hospital at Agbado Ijaiye, a Lagos suburb, said she was arrested last Saturday at Meiran Market over the N4.2million she is owing Ajibola Abudu, a businessman.

The woman, who is eight-weeks pregnant, said her scan result shows there is a rupture in her womb. She told The Nation yesterday that she suffered breath seizure in detention.

Mrs Taiwo said: “I was locked up for four days without bail. I bled on Saturday and Sunday, I also told the policemen that I was not feeling well but nothing was done. I was taken to Randle General Hospital but I left there on Tuesday evening. I am now at a family hospital in my area where I have done scan and they said there is a rupture somewhere in my womb.

“It must have been caused by my inability to breathe while inside the cell. I could not cope there, I suffered breath seizure. The toilet was dirty and the stench in the cell was unbearable. It was choking. There was even no water to bath or anything. The experience was horrible.”

She said she borrowed money from the complainant to do business last May but was duped, adding that he rebuffed all her entreaties for a payment plan.

Abudu, she claimed, insisted that she should pay the money once.

Her husband Olusola Taiwo said the IPO disobeyed the order of Area C Commander Tajudeen Bakare, an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), to release her.

He said: “She refused to release and did not charge her to court. I told the IPO that my wife was not feeling well but she refused to listen.

“The IPO said she will not grant her bail due to instruction from above. I believe the complainant gave the instruction. That is why he brought the case to Surulere Police Station where he knows officers.

“One of the officers, who arrested her at Meiran, boasted that she would rot in jail.
“He brought police to arrest her on Saturday and detained her at Surulere Police Station.

All efforts to secure her bail proved abortive as the IPO told us there was instruction from above not to grant her bail.”

Taiwo said after he failed to secure his wife’s bail on Sunday and Monday, he went to see Bakare, who called the parties and pleaded with Abudu to accept the payment plan.

“But the complainant refused insisting on complete payment, otherwise, my wife should be charged to court. When the Area Commander saw that he was not cooperating, he ordered the IPO to release my wife since the case was a civil matter, but his directive was not followed by the IPO who restated there was an ‘order from above’ to detain her.

“Because of our insistence, the IPO said she would be charged to court on Tuesday morning. We went to the station early in the morning and waited for that to happen. It was in the course of waiting that my wife fainted.

“We rushed her to Randle General Hospital with the IPO in the vehicle and it took about two hours before she was revived. I was called to come to the station and sign for her bail while she was still at the hospital,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/expectant-mum-suffers-womb-rupture-in-police-cell-2/

Pics: •1. Mrs Taiwo in a coma 2. Mrs Taiwo, after she was revived 3. The expectant mum being taken to the hospital

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by kayboy4y(m): 7:17am On Jan 28, 2016
Njoku, you treat a Woman like u this bad?

Anyway, Madam debtor, just try and pay back ASAP or else they will still re-arrest u and ur baby after the bail. That's the trend.

Those people only understand one language "GO"

Go and arrest
Go and take bribe
Go and harass
Go and intimidate
Go and kill innocent people
Go and check the kind of gun the armed robbers carry.
Go and shoot tear gas
Go Go Go Go Go....

Police is your "FRIEND"

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by ladyF(f): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2016
Oh my....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2016
K
Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Mologi(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2016
Nigeria jagajaga....

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2016
Comptroller of prison said he received order from above to bring metuh to court in handcuffs now this IPO has said she received order from above not to grant bail. What's wrong with our law enforcement agencies in this country? Shame on them and the person giving order from above

13 Likes

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by dominique(f): 7:55am On Jan 28, 2016
Because of our insistence, the IPO said she would be charged to court on Tuesday morning

For what charges exactly? Inability to bay back a loan? I hope the unborn baby makes it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Gepheral: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
#Evil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by weblogo: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
So Sad..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by clefstone(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
Nigerian prison n hell's kitchen. Even michael Schofield won't survive it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by englishmart(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
the nigerian police force. I pity una life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by jaygem(m): 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Not too good at all!

Need something on Jumia?
Contact me now!

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Not too good at all!

Need something on Jumia?
Contact me now!

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 28, 2016
Not too good at all!

Need something on Jumia?
Contact me now!

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by mccoy47(m): 7:59am On Jan 28, 2016
Lalasticlala how many times na? angry

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by callJesu: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2016
O God safe Nigeria from insecure hands

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by kennyman2000(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2016
ohhh no!

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by juzullu: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Pangea: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2016
angry
There is a question no philosopher has been able to answer!
Why are women extremely wicked to one another?
Why?
To even see the Ipo, a woman!
Yet no human feeling to a fellow woman who is pregnant?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Intendy: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
this is bad.As long as she owned up that she is indebted to the said amount then they ought to fashion a way of resolving this amicably.
if she died will the man recover his money?
except there is more to this that meets the eye BTW the pregnant woman and the Ajibola abudu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by ekrizz(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Police is never my friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by dwilliams: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
sue the police starting with the inspector General

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Akalia(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Police is not your friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Sijo01(f): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Police is you're friend. If your friend don't kill you, who will? . . . . Quick recovery ma'am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by safarigirl(f): 8:04am On Jan 28, 2016
which Kain yeye picture be that? That is not a prehany female, just a random picture.

Anyway, if this story is true, the woman can sue the Police Force and the business man that got her detained

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by omolola15(m): 8:04am On Jan 28, 2016
And these mods never see sey na twice this story appear on FP.

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by pdpchangeapc(m): 8:04am On Jan 28, 2016
Naija Police and their attitudes. O ga o!

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) by Tonka: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmmmmmm nawo wht a country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8-Year-Old Orphan Dies Of HIV In Borno IDP Camp (Photo) / 100 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 6 - (2,086 Tested) / COVID-19: FG To Assist Kano Manage Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.