Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud (16355 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Men For N7.6 Billion Fraud(photos) / EFCC Arraigns Two For Internet Scam / EFCC Arraigns Two Bankers For N9.7Million Fraud(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by drsteroid(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Thursday, January 28, 2016 arraigned the duo of Aku Ben Aku and Philips James Aliku alongside their company, Al-Aminu Oil and Gas Limited, before Justice Sulaiman Aliyu Tukur  of the High Court of Kaduna State, Kaduna on a five -count charge bordering on conspiracy, forgery and obtaining money by false pretence to the tune of N14, 602, 600.00 (Fourteen Million, Six Hundred and Two Thousand, Six Hundred Naira).

The offence is contrary to Section 8(a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act, 2006 and punishable Under Section 1(3) of the same Act.

The first accused person, Aku, while being in the employ of the Petroleum Equalisation Fund Board, allegedly registered a private company, Al-Aminu Oil and Gas, where he is a director.

Aku, allegedly conspired with the second accused person, Aliku, who is also a director of the company, and obtained the sum of N14, 602, 600.00 (Fourteen Million, Six Hundred and Two Thousand, Six Hundred Naira) from the Federal Government on the pretence that the money was for the loading and selling of petroleum products by the filling station purportedly located on Madikiya Road, Kafancha, Kaduna State.

Count one of the charge reads:

‘‘That you Aku Ben ‘M’,   Philips James Aliku ‘M’, whilst being Directors of Al-Aminu Oil and Gas Limited on about the 11th day of February, 2014 in Kaduna within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Kaduna State did, with intent to defraud, conspired to obtain the sum of N14, 602, 600.00( Fourteen Million, Six Hundred and Two Thousand and Six Hundred Naira) from the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Petroleum Equalisation Fund( Management) Board under the pretence that the said sum represented the loading and selling of petroleum products in the non-existent filling station, claimed to be located along Madikiya Road, Kafancha, Kaduna State.

The said sum paid through Zenith Bank Plc. account No. 1013733208, which representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 8(a) of the Advanced Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences, 2006 and punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act.’’

Another count reads:

‘‘That you Aku Ben Aku ‘M’, Phillips James Aliku ‘M’, whilst being Directors of Aminu Oil and Gas Limited, on or about the 11th day of February, 2014 in Kaduna within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Kaduna State did, with intent to defraud and in order to facilitate obtaining the sum of 14, 602, 600.00 (Fourteen Million, Six Hundred and Two Thousand and Six Hundred Naira)) by false pretence from the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Petroleum Equalisation Fund ( Management) Board knowingly and fraudulently used as genuine a forged document titled ‘‘The Department of Petroleum Resources’’ Receipt No. DPR/ No.0452666, dated 15th October, 2014 made in favour of Al-Aminu Oil and Gas Limited by  presenting the document to the Petroleum Equalisation Fund( Management) Board, purporting the document to have been issued by Department of Petroleum Resources( DPR) and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 364 of the Penal Code Cap 532 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria( Abuja)1990".

The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charges when they were  read to them.

In view of their pleas, the prosecution counsel, Steve Odiase , asked the court for a trial date.
In response, the  defence counsel, F. C. Ikpe, told the court that there was a pending application for bail and prayed the court to grant  the accused bail on liberal terms. The prosecution counsel did not oppose the bail application.

After listening to both counsel, Justice Tukur granted the accused persons bail in the sum of N1million (One Million Naira) each, with one surety each in like sum. The accused persons must deposit their international passports with the court registrar.

Each of the sureties must be a civil servant not below Grade Level 14 or a principal officer in a company.

The accused  persons are to be remanded in Kaduna Prison pending the fulfillment of their bail conditions.
The case has been adjourned  to March 11, 2016 for trial.

Wilson Uwujaren

Head, Media & Publicity

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/28/efcc-arraigns-two-oil-dealers-petroleum-equalisation-fraud

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Topccy007: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
This oil fraud will soon come to an end. The price of crude is crashing fast. Gari might even be more valuable than oil with this crash rate....so u better intensify on ur oil fraud now that it still pays.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by jordyspices: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Omo these niggaz dey on a theifing spree just like peak is in them but anyway thanks to our judiciary them trying dese days

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by chriskosherbal(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Petroleum fraud is almost becoming a normal thing in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by kossyablaze(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
Eya!Wat a crazy peep
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by ademega(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
they should jail them
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
Equaliser shocked

1-1
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by looseweight: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
EFCC IS WORKING

Care to get a flat tummy using natural therapy, click the link below or check my profile for live the testimonies.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by cutetopsey(f): 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
ok
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Victorchuks4(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ndi ori mmanu
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Very soon Oil will have no weight just like coal.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by kennyman2000(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Everyday for the oil thieves, one day for the federal govt BUHARI FIERY EFCC! All hail the CHANGE EFCC!!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by WASMOG(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
If found guilty by court of law pls sieze all there property send them prison for a very long time let them start from scratch
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by flokii: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
grin cheesy

they didn't steal round figure... the amount even get hundred insyd cheesy
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Kangol99(m): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Use them as Scape GOAT tongue
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
This EFCC don dey do like say dia own too much. must you announce everything?

the way million and billion dey fly for news now a days ehhhh.....

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Daniel058(m): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
TWO BIG MENS grin

This year hot ooooooooooooooo..

From celebrities beef to EFCC probe..

May the spirit of God be with me and to all peace loving nairalanders...

Let me use this opportunity to ask for your prayers friends.. As someone is owing me a good amount of money and refused to pay me, I don't want to involve police officer or any forceful way to get my money.. The Bible say "" where two or three are gathered in my name [[JESUS]], there I'm in their midst "..

My first prayer request from fellow nairalanders.. I hope to come back with testimony.. In Jesus name....... AMEN

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by ricsman(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
efcc everywhere
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by yhemsy62(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ole everywhere
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Endtimesmith(m): 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
EFCC arraigns anybody at Sai Baba's signal...EFCC everywhere you go.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by latuntop(m): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
send them to underground prison.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by sukkot: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
OK we are tired of EFCC arraigns this one and that one. listen just catch them and convict them immediately. nonsense. person will grow white biabia waiting for all this nonsense case to come to court
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by banio: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
EFCC
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
cool

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Agimor(m): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
When is effc job interview coming up because they seem to need more hands in this on going fight againt this malady call corruption.

Time to dust and update my cv.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by jordyspices: 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
Efcc dese are not the oil theives we want we want those one's dat have been monopolising our oil wells which mostly are from one region even now oil sells @ below 30$ dey wouldn't still give it up I hope ppl wnt come @ me for this cry
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by vykte(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
jail them for life once found guilty
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
sukkot:
OK we are tired of EFCC arraigns this one and that one. listen just catch them and hang them immediately. stop wasting time with arraignment and court case. catch and hang them in their cell.
Just negodu. Hang in which cell? Do you think we are in the Dark Age?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Oil Dealers For Petroleum Equalisation Fraud by sukkot: 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Just negodu. Hang in which cell? Do you think we are in the Dark Age?
yup. we are. you aint knowing ? shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Court Sentences Six To Death By Hanging Over Murder / Bricklayer And Bus Conductor Steal A Tank In Delta & Made To Carry It On Head / Troops Neutralise 3 Kidnappers, Recover Arms In Edo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.