Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made (1142 Views)

Shocking Reviews Of The Most Useless App On Playstore (pics) / How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) / How To Get Rid Of Useless Apps That Installs Themselves On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Brainaic(m): 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Have you ever wondered what the most useless apps are? Brace yourself as we explore a compilation of the most pointless apps ever made on Android and iOS. You will be surprised to discover that some of these apps can purchased to do basically nothing. In no particular order, here is a list of 10 most useless apps -

1. PopCap - Just as the name implies, PopCap is an android game that does absolutely nothing apart from popping an imaginary juice bottle cap. All you get to do is just press on the center of the cap while it makes a popping sound, that's just all there is to the game. If you love popping bottle caps, you might find it interesting.

2. Pocket Heat ($0.99) - When it was initially launched, Pocket Heat could actually caused phones to heat up by turning on every functionality in your phone and overclocking your processors which could probably damage your phone, but Apple made an update which stopped apps from possessing such ability. Now, all you get from the app is an image of a boiling coil irrespective of which mode you use.

3. Pointless Game - The name describes it perfectly, Pointless Game has a warning that clearly states that it is pointless. What you get to do is place your finger on the screen and earn a point for each each second that passes. A pretty pointless way to waste your time right?

4. I Am Rich - The app was released back in 2008 on the iOS app store with a price tag of $999.99 (the maximum price allowed by Apple). The app did absolutely nothing aside displaying a glowing red gem on the screen alongside a message when clicked which says "I am rich, I deserve it, I am good, healthy and successful.” Apple removed it from the app store the next day although 8 people had already bought it. There is still a similar app on the store currently on sale with a price tag of $99.9.

5. iBeer - Want to drink beer from your android phone? Then here is the app for you except that the beer is merely a simulation of it emptying as you tilt it to drink but it actually burps for you. What's more interesting is that it has more than 50 million downloads and the developers offer a wide variety of other drinks just incase you don't lovee taking beer.

6. Pocket Fan - No! This is not a real fan. Some people actually downloaded the app intending to use it as a fan, the developer had to clarify that the app doesn't cool anyone done and if you actually feel wind coming from your device, you need to seek medical attention immediately. The app simply show a rotating fan once you turn it on.

7. Useless - Quite unlike the pointless app which had something you could do. Useless app is ultimately useless, you can't fault the app because it does what it says which is actually nothing. The developer promises to pay anyone that can find a use for it!

See detailed list at
http://360techzone.com/most-useless-apps-in-the-world/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
Just to mention but few.
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by ikombe: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
pointless and useless gat me rolling on the floor grin
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Brainaic(m): 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
2kaybiel:
Just to mention but few.

Actually there is more on the page from the link.
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
@ the End of the day, the owners of those apps made serious bread from it..

No matter how crappy an app is, let it just possess a sleek UI and yu'll definitely get huge downloads on Playstore etc..
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by daphid25(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
Facebook too is kinda useless, keeps bothering me with update everytime undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Youpele52: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
So funny
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Youngpo413: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Cortana!
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by ihatebuhari(f): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lol kiss
Re: Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2016
lol at pointless and useless..reminds me of this love calculator App then... stupid Apps plenty aswear

(1) (Reply)

1GB Ram On Any Android Smartphone Above 30k Is A Fraud / How To Change Nokia Asha 206 Network From 3g To 2g / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.