Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. (20964 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
First and foremost, create time to read this.

The Oyinbo (White) men findings, have consistently shown that shyness kills alot. Infact, one of the western writers, by the name, Daphne du Maurier, once said, "I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve, and in their blindness and folly built up a great distorted wall in front of them that hid the truth".

Well, may be that is one the reason why our fore fathers use ti say, " enikan kii fi itiju ka'arun", (Yoruba adages says one can't be too shy to speak out and be affected with diseases). They also agreed like the white man that shyness kills, ("itiju a maa paani"wink.

Where am I getting at? It's simple. That you are a Bsc holder without job and meaningful source of living and you still prides yourself that you can't do certain things because it's like a shame to you, my brother, i beg of you to have a rethink. I can tell you there over 1001 things you can do and would still live better than a secondary school teacher. Look everywhere, opportunities abound. Forget shame, determination and planning is the key.
-
Forget knotting of tie, life responsibilities and necessities are not after that. The society no longer respects you because of where you work but what you earn and what they can see. As one of friend would say, " Oga Ade, na who get money we know ".
-
Dear, jobless patriotic and desirous graduate, look beyond your degree if it has not gotten you much since you bagged it. Believe me, your hand and brain could get you better if only you can look inward. If your parent can pay your school fees for 4 or 5years, why not talk to them for small capital. 30k,40k,50k and as much as they can give. You would be surprised at how much your little capital would fetch you daily with dedication, planning and prayer.
-
One of the gift am blessed with is "observation and questioning" which are virile tool of Marketing Research. In my quest to know, I'm fond of asking hustlers and those we tagged illiterates, all manners of questions, ranging from how much they make daily, where they source their products and goods, how lucrative or profitable is certain enterprises or vocations. In all of this, I have found out that shame, shyness and the mindsets of what would people say is the real reason why many graduates are wasting away. The certificate that is sitting in one file at home, gathering dust is now the "igiworoko", (the obstructive) that impedes many graduates from developing financially and mentally after school.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
Now my practical street Experience

In my findings, I found out that, an average barber cuts at 200naira per head and has at least 5 customers per day. Meaning you can make BTW 1k to 2k convincingly. That's, BTW 24k to 48k averagely in a month (excluding Sundays), at your own pace, time and cinviniency.

In the same vein, I had once asked a young boy using keke napep to ply around a university campus, how much he makes daily, who owns the keke and how much does he delivers. The boy told me he is looking for admission, he makes 6k per day between 7am to 5pm (Including time to rest and pray in the mosque). I questioned further, he told me he delivers 4k daily to his dad and holds 2k. Meaning, he makes 10k weekly for himself and 20k for his dad (for five working days, excluding Saturdays and Sundays). Invariably, he makes 40k monthly from riding keke and delivers 80k for his dad.. Hmn, akeem told me about his dream to still go to school, get the certificate and set himself up with a good business. I won't be surprised to see him 10years later as a rich man and a philanthropist.
-
I have also had similar experience with those that sells fruits, at least I have seen a woman living next close to my room who I overheard from someone, of how she makes at least 2k daily from selling ogi (local custard). Funny enough she doesn't hawk around, as people come to book and buy. She makes money from the shaft (eri) and unimaginably, the pap water for those that love it to make herbs (Agbo).

-The above and many more are ways to get busy if one is still looking for office jobs, at least, life would go on as they use to say. Basic necessities would be taken care of and with planning, one can move to other endeavours.

Thank you.
From Microplux Solutions.
Xploit © 2016.

N.B: Nothing Is Shamefull Except Stealing and Laziness itself.

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by ignis: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice observation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by looseweight: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
Okk
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by martyns303(m): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
And someone was saying he can't be pumping gas as a graduate. Ok

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by brunofarad(m): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice observation Op ....Unemployment could also be a function of low self esteem.

Some peeps think they are not Good enough to apply for Some positions.

Hence they remain unemployed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Whizkeey(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
H
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by odiereke(m): 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
I think so.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Morhziez(m): 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nigeria and Unemployment have bn friends from time immemorial

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Endtimesmith(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
Your Shyness na Grade 001
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Heymus(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
Its nice!
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by okedoyinolabisi(f): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
hmmmmm.no food lazy man
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by samzheee(m): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Sultanchidi(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
U ar correct, kudos 2 u 4 dis write up
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Cutehector(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice one...
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by kennyman2000(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
Lemme learn.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by daniska3yaro(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by mrtantalizers(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Z
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by octopusfreaky(f): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hummm,,could you believe we dont have any functional cybercafe in my area? You will have to take bike worth #100 to next neighbourhood to photocopy docs or even browse .At times, one should look for deficiences in a neigbourhood and work towards solving the problem in the process making cool cash..

14 Likes

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by PubLlcEnemy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
If I read that ur chronicle make I bend.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by ShakurM(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
I took home some very good points but your post heading is quite misleading..I was already charged up.

Bill Gates once said ' If you are born poor, it's not your fault but if you die poor it's your fault'

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Whobedatte(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
okedoyinolabisi:
hmmmmm.no food lazy man
exactly

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by zuma4k(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
Threads like this should be seen more often... not those yeye celebrities stuffs which will in no way impact our lives positively... God Bless You OP

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Jobpostboard: 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
ok
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by martinifeanyi(m): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
One's shyness can b overcome if his/her desire for success is greater than his!/her failure.
nice one Op.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by MrHighSea: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
On point
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
God bless you @ Op. It is quite shameful when I hear unemployed graduates talking Bad about some jobs all in the name of exposure.
As a Business Development Head of my company, I have interviewed countless graduates and most of them are always looking for a position that will make them comfortable in a office.
Fact is that you have to start from somewhere. Instead of staying at home all day, find something doing because it all counts when experience is needed.
Even selling normal things in the street or market can land you the Job of a Sales Manager with a very FAT salary!! Thanks @ OP once more!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by DirtyGold: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
The streetz aint smiling, get your hustle on!
You can overcome shyness, you jst gotta learn how not to look uche face.

What's tha business?

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Ambi25: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
gun short
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by seuntope8(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
An idle hand i§ d devils workshop...

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by AyamConfidence(m): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
OP your head dey there...leave foolish people to continue chasing white colar jobs that might never come...wisdom is profitable to direct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by LesbianBoy(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
OP that part where you said people don't care where you work any longer is a big fat lie. Tell an average nigerian girl that you work in chevron and see whether she won't "finish" you with "love".....lol

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Join Me Thank God, I Just Got A New Job. / How I Got A Fake Job Appointment - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN / Job Vacancies At Arik Air In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.