Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. (20973 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Or if you're a very beautiful gal you can be hawking guguru and epa plus some bush meat... grin

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Baboo13(m): 12:01am On Jan 30, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
Or if you're a very beautiful gal you can be hawking guguru and epa plus some bush meat... grin

Lol
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by KELVIN086: 2:42am On Jan 30, 2016
Oga there is a big difference between being shy and being shameful.
Shyness has nothing to do with what u wrote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by NOBLE179(m): 4:33am On Jan 30, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 30, 2016
It's mostly laziness bro, I keep telling them that Nigeria has one the best economies in the world just that youths are lazy to tap into it. I once sold fruits and vegetables. That's how I raised money to pay for my first short course that I attended in London. But some equally lazy idiots will come here and complain of unemployment and tell me Nigerians are rugged. Which kin rugged when I have seen Europeans work four different jobs just to make ends meet.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by lovemaths(f): 5:15am On Jan 30, 2016
The poster is right. You must be ready to get your hands dirty to make money. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. you never know who is watching you. start with what you have. In all labour there is profit. An idle mind is the devil's workshop. Do not despise the days of small beginnings. Utilize the talents God gave to you and take it to the next level. If you have money, you can acquire a skill. The hand of the diligent maketh rich.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by hopeforcharles(m): 8:51am On Jan 30, 2016
octopusfreaky:
Hummm,,could you believe we dont have any functional cybercafe in my area? You will have to take bike worth #100 to next neighbourhood to photocopy docs or even browse .At times, one should look for deficiences in a neigbourhood and work towards solving the problem in the process making cool cash..
U just nailed it, This is the simplest way of making a nice living.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Horlawale1(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2016
opey112:
If you know how much danfo drivers deliver everyday.......you will be surprise.let me put it this way let's just say a danfo driver delivers at least 5k per day for five days excluding Saturday and sunday....that is 5*5=25 per week.Then we have at least 4 weeks in a month,25*4=100 per month.....we have 12 month in a year 100*12=1.2m per year,that can buy another bus if you want to.this is just a rough estimate.....mind you if you drive the bus yourself you will make more than that.

Don't forget the maintenance and some unforseen circumstances, however is good to be busy with something.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Adaeze003(f): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2016
Shyness and shame are two different things...

The thing is, as a graduate, you are automatically tuned to aspire to be better than those who didn't go to school. That doesn't mean that they won't or can't make more money than you.

I don't believe a graduate should drive keke or sell fruits or anything like that although lucrative, it's not for graduates.

As a graduate, unless you don't know what you did in school or you went about sorting and cheating your way through school, your job is to create solutions with your knowledge. Take for instance the guy who created an app for a cab service, he ain't driving the cab. I don't have much more examples probably because I'm in the computer field but there are accountants who own their own companies too, I heard of one who is a millionaire because he thought of a way to combine accountancy and IT.

The problem with Nigerians is the mindset, we go to school because everyone is going and we think once we graduate we'll get jobs but believe it or not, those days are over. We have this alive-school-job seek-get job-die mentality which is not bad but the school part, only a few people study what they know they want, some apply for engineering but because it's a tough place, the school throws maths at them and they say "ok well no be to get bsc?" which again is not bad but then you're struggling to pass but you won't leave which is not bad but then with time you get tired and at the end of the day you get a bsc by crook, you waste 4 years of your life but after all you have a bsc! Then someone is recruiting maths teachers somewhere and you can't even teach people in primary one!!! Or you go for youth service and you're running away from the maths you "studied" in school!!! How will anyone take you seriously!!!

We need to change our mentality about a whole lot of things...

As a graduate, you are meant to know a lot of theory so even if you don't find a job, it'll be time to think of ways to apply that knowledge to meet the needs in the society and not go to hire keke to ride biko... even that keke driver said he wants to go to school and own his business... imagine after he saves up, goes to school, I can bet my BlackBerry that he won't go back home riding that keke!

My 2kobo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by opey112(m): 9:52am On Jan 30, 2016
Horlawale1:

Don't forget the maintenance and some unforseen circumstances, however is good to be busy with something.
If u drive it yourself u will be fine with it.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by JayRise(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2016
octopusfreaky:
Hummm,,could you believe we dont have any functional cybercafe in my area? You will have to take bike worth #100 to next neighbourhood to photocopy docs or even browse .At times, one should look for deficiences in a neigbourhood and work towards solving the problem in the process making cool cash..

Hello, is the area in Lagos? Maybe I can come around for a survey to see if I can start something up there
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
Instead of Nigerians to pick their own point from what OP posted ,they are busy finding faults with his grammar .No matter what you come here to say in defence of school,you know deep in your mind it has failed Nigeria. Our universities bake zombies who can't think for themselves.

Put down your pride and find something doing for yourself. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by keny003(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
What a write-ups! Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by piagetskinner(m): 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ur write-up is very revealing micronut... U look very familiar as well

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by FRANKOXY(m): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
micronut:
First and foremost, create time to read this.

The Oyinbo (White) men findings, have consistently shown that shyness kills alot. Infact, one of the western writers, by the name, Daphne du Maurier, once said, "I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve, and in their blindness and folly built up a great distorted wall in front of them that hid the truth".

Well, may be that is one the reason why our fore fathers use ti say, " enikan kii fi itiju ka'arun", (Yoruba adages says one can't be too shy to speak out and be affected with diseases). They also agreed like the white man that shyness kills, ("itiju a maa paani"wink.

Where am I getting at? It's simple. That you are a Bsc holder without job and meaningful source of living and you still prides yourself that you can't do certain things because it's like a shame to you, my brother, i beg of you to have a rethink. I can tell you there over 1001 things you can do and would still live better than a secondary school teacher. Look everywhere, opportunities abound. Forget shame, determination and planning is the key.
-
Forget knotting of tie, life responsibilities and necessities are not after that. The society no longer respects you because of where you work but what you earn and what they can see. As one of friend would say, " Oga Ade, na who get money we know ".
-
Dear, jobless patriotic and desirous graduate, look beyond your degree if it has not gotten you much since you bagged it. Believe me, your hand and brain could get you better if only you can look inward. If your parent can pay your school fees for 4 or 5years, why not talk to them for small capital. 30k,40k,50k and as much as they can give. You would be surprised at how much your little capital would fetch you daily with dedication, planning and prayer.
-
One of the gift am blessed with is "observation and questioning" which are virile tool of Marketing Research. In my quest to know, I'm fond of asking hustlers and those we tagged illiterates, all manners of questions, ranging from how much they make daily, where they source their products and goods, how lucrative or profitable is certain enterprises or vocations. In all of this, I have found out that shame, shyness and the mindsets of what would people say is the real reason why many graduates are wasting away. The certificate that is sitting in one file at home, gathering dust is now the "igiworoko", (the obstructive) that impedes many graduates from developing financially and mentally after school.
You are blessed oh writer / poster
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by FRANKOXY(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
The poster is most caring nairalander after me.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
FRANKOXY:
The poster is most caring nairalander after me.

Lol..
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by KINGOZEK(m): 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
Thanks op, it shows that you have a good head on your good shoulder. Though I graduate yet to get job, but a I am not idle. Nice post

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by odimbannamdi(m): 1:37am On Jan 31, 2016
opey112:
If you know how much danfo drivers deliver everyday.......you will be surprise.let me put it this way let's just say a danfo driver delivers at least 5k per day for five days excluding Saturday and sunday....that is 5*5=25 per week.Then we have at least 4 weeks in a month,25*4=100 per month.....we have 12 month in a year 100*12=1.2m per year,that can buy another bus if you want to.this is just a rough estimate.....mind you if you drive the bus yourself you will make more than that.

true analysis brother. the issue is getting a good driver
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Faraidi(m): 7:43am On Jan 31, 2016
micronut:

Lol.. I don't know what your definition of illiteracy is, but I can tell you I'm well read and exposed for my age.
Without being modest, I had 2.1 degree in biochemistry, I'm an hustler and presently a postgraduate student of a reputable business school.

Well, I can tell you I'm a product of the academia and the street vibes.

Stay bless.
I'm sure you graduated from half baked university.Monkey
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by odimbannamdi(m): 7:56am On Jan 31, 2016
Faraidi:

guy, why have you resorted to insulting the OP? this is soo immature
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Faraidi:
See your life, there is nothing like half-baked University, we can only have half-baked graduate. By their approach, we shall know them.
Continue embarrassing yourself. I'm done with you.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Faraidi(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
micronut:

See your life, there is nothing like half-baked University, we can only have half-baked graduate. By their approach, we shall know them.
Continue embarrassing yourself. I'm done with you.
mumu,so u that think all the University in Nigeria are equal in rank? Sorry 4 you
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Faraidi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
odimbannamdi:

guy, why have you resorted to insulting the OP? this is soo immature
ITK
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
Faraidi:
mumu,so u that think all the University in Nigeria are equal in rank? Sorry 4 you
Gerrout olodo dumb head. Just saying trash. "All Universities" not "All university". Let me enlighten you a bit, there is little, that a prestigious or illustrious varsity can do for you. Self and personal development is what can make you stand out. Olodo oshi claiming he knows.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by Faraidi(m): 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
micronut:
Gerrout olodo dumb head. Just saying trash. "All Universities" not "All university". Let me enlighten you a bit, there is little, that a prestigious or illustrious varsity can do for you. Self and personal development is what can make you stand out. Olodo oshi claiming he knows.
ur father,how can an institution give what they don't have?i'm sure u attend an institution full on Toronto lecturer? No wonder u too are dull as ur dullard BUHARI
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 11:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Faraidi:
ur father,how can an institution give what they don't have?i'm sure u attend an institution full on Toronto lecturer? No wonder u too are dull as ur dullard BUHARI
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin e pain am....sorry! See English " u too are dull as ur dullard". No comment.
Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by odimbannamdi(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Faraidi:

with every comment you make, your illiteracy, ignorance and folly gets more exposed.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by odimbannamdi(m): 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
micronut:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin e pain am....sorry! See English " u too are dull as ur dullard". No comment.

pls stop dignifying the mofo with responses. he is obviously an attention seeker. You are obviously way above his level

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. by micronut(m): 12:34am On Feb 01, 2016
odimbannamdi:

pls stop dignifying the mofo with responses. he is obviously an attention seeker. You are obviously way above his level

Noted sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Got A Fake Job Appointment - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN / Join Me Thank God, I Just Got A New Job. / Job Vacancies At Arik Air In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.