Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) (580 Views)

Causes Of Dispute Among Brethren And Ways To Resolve Disputes / A Cry For My People (ag Nigeria) / A Word To Otemanudunu. You Are Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) by udumosam23(m): 6:59am On Jan 30, 2016
I've never been humbled by the word of God the way I am today. Yesterday I invited my mother inlaw to complain to her some issues going on in our home for the first time since after marriage.

Usually, when we have misunderstanding, it is settled immediately after devotion the next morning. But the recent one prolonged, cos family devotion ceased, so I had to invite mother Inlaw.

Coincidentally, after we've talked during the night, we had an embarrassing devotion this morning, as the topic rebukes our inviting an unbelieving party in a dispute.

After confessions, I realise most times we don't reconcile not because we are not willing to, but because;

1. We are proud. We feel too superior to the other partner, so we take it as an insult to admit.

2. We claim right. There is nothing as painful as claiming you're right when the other person is offended.

3. Reluctance to say I'm sorry. Most times you may not be proud per say or claim right. But we are just reluctant to admit, even when it is clear to us that we are wrong. We'll just assume the other partner understands and has forgiven.

My family was nearly torn apart under my watch, for a time now I've seen my church suffer crises, and recently the assemblies of God too. Most painful of this is to hear that one of my favourite preacher (Evang. Chidi Okoroafor) is involved in this saga.

So, I have settled my home, I expect leaders of the church to settle themselves. What was the querel b/w me and my wife? You wouldn't believe that it was just a shoe worth 2500. grin grin

Churches are fighting, cases are in law courts, judgement are passed by infidels who know little or nothing about what's going on. Cos no matter how hard they try to sturdy the church, they'll never understand until they have the spirit of God in them.

Pls I beg the parties that have taken the church to court to withdraw the cases. Let's come back home. WE ARE STILL BRETHREN. Let us give up the office or position that is the bane for contention. Let us apologise to each other. let us reconsider the terms and look for a common ground becouse indeed we are in INJURY TIME.

"We may win all our cases in courts, but we will never win the heart of our brethren" Rev Dan Etim. Let us strive for the path that leads to peace for the church of God is called to preach peace. Shalom.
Re: Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) by orisa37: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2016
Remember Domination, Compromise and Integration? Domination doesn't settle any thing. It's authoritative and proud, God doesn't like it. Compromise is mediocre, it breeds reprisals. Therefore always seek to combine the opposing views to yours to get something better and bigger to proceed with. All Motives must be investigated, satisfied and used for a master solution of the problems of progress.
Re: Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) by udumosam23(m): 8:29am On Jan 30, 2016
orisa37:
Remember Domination, Compromise and Integration? Domination doesn't settle any thing. It's authoritative and proud, God doesn't like it. Compromise is mediocre, it breeds reprisals. Therefore always seek to combine the opposing views to yours to get something better and bigger to proceed with. All Motives must be investigated, satisfied and used for a master solution of the problems of progress.

Still trying to comprehend though. But I assume you mean while trying to make peace, we shouldn't compromise or allow evil dominance or dominion.

Well, it depends on what "compromise" could mean by the parties involved. If compromise is a violation of set down rules, policies, practices and procedures and peace can only be achieved by a violation of one or two rules, so be it.

Except compromise will be a total disregard to the word of God. For in trying to keep the set down rules, we drag yourself to court, violating another rule which is ultimate.

I mean, rather than insist on practices and procedures (which were rules drafted by men for proper governance) during conflict, let us insist on the word of God. For in insisting on the former, most times you violet the later as seen in the above case.
Re: Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 04, 2016
udumosam23:

"We may win all our cases in courts, but we will never win the heart of our brethren" Rev Dan Etim. Let us strive for the path that leads to peace for the church of God is called to preach peace. Shalom.

I am touched by your humility and desire for nobler things. I thought I should stop and encourage you. I pray God opens a way for constant harmony and prosperity in your family.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Handling Internal Disputes. (A Word For AG And PCN) by udumosam23(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2016
LoJ:

I am touched by your humility and desire for nobler things. I thought I should stop and encourage you. I pray God opens a way for constant harmony and prosperity in your family.

Thank you.

Amen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Religeous Fanaticism / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/03/16 / The Broken Home Of The Northern Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.