Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know (51217 Views)

China Police Orders Hotel Managements To Drive Out All Nigerians / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / Wise-up! These Are 5 People To Notify Before You Travel Overseas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by datkoded(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
Mcowubaba:
I think you 4got the Most Important 1 which is- Go in Legally, with a valid VISA nd secure a Legit work permit/Resdential Permit
nd pls don't disgrace us by doing illegal sh!ts...
That's just the main thing bro, life's gon be hard if u ain't legit. A thousand and one opportunities opens with that work permit.
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by datkoded(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Next2Bezee:

Who told you? Most Malaysian immigration jails are underground. Small cells filled with people who would kill you in a heartbeat and an industrial Air conditioner in every cell that will give you pneumonia in mere hours. You won't even know what the sky, sun, rain looks like again...you won't even know the time or be able to keep track of days anymore and a lot of people are dying there.

Pray it never happens to you, there is no place like home.
I hear a.c just now smiley
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Next2Bezee(m): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
datkoded:
I hear a.c just now smiley

Have u heard of industrial a.c before? the type that can freeze u like fish in hours? grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by datkoded(m): 8:41am On Feb 29, 2016
Next2Bezee:

Have u heard of industrial a.c before? the type that can freeze u like fish in hours? grin
lmao better than this heat that will roast u like croaker in minutes o cheesy
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Marriott1980(m): 4:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
McMayowa:
10. Less friend less bullshit, Keep your circle small

Best advice
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Marriott1980(m): 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
bee444:
@op. You've forgotten the most important one.

Tell them that they will only be received and welcomed for two weeks, after which they will begin to see the other side of their host.

Bottom line, don't go abroad relying on friends or family. You will regret it. Pls I beg of you, stay in Nigeria if your parents arent in abroad. People are wicked and would do anything to make sure you dont succeed above them.

Find your own way!

Most people wont agree with this but stay away from Nigerians when you are in a foreign country. They dont want you to succeed or be above them. If you have to, move with people of like minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Ugosample(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2016
Marriott1980:

Most people wont agree with this but stay away from Nigerians when you are in a foreign country. They dont want you to succeed or be above them. If you have to, move with people of like minds.

And this is a very valid point.
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Marriott1980:

Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Ugosample(m): 12:05am On Dec 11, 2016
Going theough this thread once more, I can't but agree with every point listed up there by the OP
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by borntosuccess(m): 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
Osahon7:
nice dreams but is it with the Less than $1500 dollars you earn in Nigeria that you gonna use to establish does businesses? Bro don't let the Rich men based in Nigeria deceive you! Most of these rich men at a point in their lives were living abroad! Go read about Dangote or otedola or Adenuga! My advice to anybodi wanting to go abroad is this: If you feel that's where your treasure is,then Go! If not stay back home and get your treasure there!! Me myself, Am a Dentist here in Atlanta, I can tell u that I make over 10x the salaries of my colleagues in Nigerian Teaching Hospitals!! Shalom
u deserve a medal bro, so correct
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by borntosuccess(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
Osahon7:
not totally true sir!! Apart from the basic amenities, Believe me, life here is relatively easier, Its easier to fund your fees, systems are working and too numerous things I can mention! Like I said in my former comment^^^ if you feel your treasure is in Nigeria, then stay and you gonna get it there,but if you tink its over here, come sharply!
I salute ur wisdom sir, so onpiont, respect
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by sweetilicious(f): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jchi9876:
They say naija way is jagajaga,
So most importantly leave your Nigerianess at MMA and act like your host community.

If its Rome behave like Romans it is called forming and will keep you away from trouble.

Yes you are right
Re: 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
that's true

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dubai Denies Nigerians Under 40 Tourist Visas - Abike Dabiri / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea / Truck Falls On Man's Car On Ojuelegba Bridge, Comes Out Alive From The Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.