Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (19239 Views)

Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! / 2 Units 3 Bedroom Flats At Marshy Hill Estate, Akins Ajah For N800k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by incogni2o: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2016
I am about to build a Mat on a Swampy Land, please Do I have to the trench I digged for the Fence with Sand or Do a blinding directly on the Marshy ground

Some of the part can sink on to the knee.

Thanks.

1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by brabus(m): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2016
Get a pro! Let them get you off ground first. Then you can take over. Otherwise, you can bury drums (depending on the depth to load bearing soil) at every 3m interval and do a suspended (connecting) beam on the drums. Take not of the flood level.

I've seen someone do something similar for a foundation on Nairaland but I can't remember the thread again. Maybe if I get it, I'll share here.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by incogni2o: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2016
Thanks, Sorry, Please, I don't have enough for a pro now.

Will Appreciate any advice

brabus:
Get a pro! Let them get you off ground first. Then you can take over. Otherwise, you can bury drums (depending on the depth to load bearing soil) at every 3m interval and do a suspended (connecting) beam on the drums. Take not of the flood level.

I've seen someone do something similar for a foundation on Nairaland but I can't remember the thread again. Maybe if I get it, I'll share here.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by brabus(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2016
incogni2o:

Baba, it's like you already have a predetermined mindset on what you want to do and how to go about it. You're just coming here to look for an accomplice. Just joking grin (No offense intended).
Since you don't have enough for a pro, I'll suggest you do any of the following:

1. Sell off the land and buy where you can really afford to build. That terrain is not a child's play.
2. Save up till you can afford a pro!
3. Look for neighbors around you and ask for help and suggestions on how to tackle the terrain. You can't really get a good advice from anyone here except a rookie without prior knowledge of the soil formation.
4. Convert the land for farming purpose.

33 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by adebaxton(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2016
brabus:

@ Lafolabi did that on his thread.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by adebaxton(m): 11:02am On Jan 30, 2016
Some landed property are not worth the finances involved.

My 1 cent though

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by incogni2o: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lol, Yes, I have a predetermined mindset, But just making sure I am not doing something wrong.

Thanks though.

brabus:

Baba, it's like you already have a predetermined mindset on what you want to do and how to go about it. You're just coming here to look for an accomplice. Just joking grin (No offense intended).
Since you don't have enough for a pro, I'll suggest you do any of the following:

1. Sell off the land and buy where you can really afford to build. That terrain is not a child's play.
2. Save up till you can afford a pro!
3. Look for neighbors around you and ask for help and suggestions on how to tackle the terrain. You can't really get a good advice from anyone here except a rookie without prior knowledge of the soil formation.
4. Convert the land for farming purpose.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by brabus(m): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
incogni2o:
Lol, Yes, I have a predetermined mindset, But just making sure I am not doing something wrong.

Thanks though.

You're welcome.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by lonelydora: 5:26am On Feb 01, 2016
I'm here to learn, after which i head to Bayelsa to start developing a property.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by mutaalim(m): 5:30am On Feb 01, 2016
Let a structural engineer give a design that will be suitable for such land you can later determine your cost, as simple as that
Regards

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by bewla(m): 5:32am On Feb 01, 2016
its almost like we all do
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 01, 2016
this land looks arable only for rice plantation.Where are those engineering and architecture and urban planning graduates? your input is needed ,no be every time "uba and diamond bank is recruiting ,how do I submit my cv?"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by dunmotuscana(m): 5:45am On Feb 01, 2016
It will cost u a lot no matter what you do. On swampy land like dis,raft and piling is most suitable. Raft is highly needed for d fence while both will be needed for the building depending on ur desgn, u'll need enuf steel too wt. Jst as som1 advice u,maybe u shud sell it and go somwia else wia u cn afford to do watea u want. NO B CHILDS PLAY O! Ask people buildin structures @ LAMGBASA.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by em3r4ld(m): 5:46am On Feb 01, 2016
Eugenedimgba:
this land looks arable only for rice plantation.Where are those engineering and architecture and urban planning graduates? your input is needed ,no be every time "uba and diamond bank is recruiting ,how do I submit my cv?"

Buhahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaa grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by okenwa(m): 5:51am On Feb 01, 2016
Please, some ventures are not worth taking in the first place,
Do not waste your money and time on that land, government might not even consider giving you road.
Some wise ones might not come and build immediately until people like you take the first risk.
Naturally, the land is not likely to be dry through out the year.
Bros, back off
There are land(s) every where.
A word is good for the wise

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by jazinogold(m): 5:54am On Feb 01, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by instinctg(m): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2016
let me ask Google, I de come
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by ifyalways(f): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2016
Must we build on every land? No

I would leave this land for rice farming if I were u @ OP.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by AJORE(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2016
From my site/construction experience .....
1. Dig a trench 1m wide and 0.5 to 0.7 deep.
2. Columns interval must not exceed 2.5m and dig the columns bases to be 1.2m deep.
3. Column footing must be reinforced and construst mat ....Top and bottom bar
4. Use mat through d trench and cast 0.3-0.45m base.
My brother u will come for testimony....

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by sunnyuche1(m): 6:05am On Feb 01, 2016
undecided

pro is all you need. That's all I can say.

make I no talk one thing today , den after, you'll come for my head ...saying m behind one collapsed grin undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Barselonia(m): 6:05am On Feb 01, 2016
bro..What u are entering is big money... because Am presently handling a project like that in a swamp or marshy area...all u need is to get a ground beam for ur foundation... which is also called raft foundation...

Looking at the pictures below is an example of ground beam..especially the 3rd pic.....although this is for the maim building not fencing...
As the trenches are being excavated..all we see is water not until we blind the trenches that the water reduce alittle bit

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by dammytosh: 6:08am On Feb 01, 2016
Get a Pro or you will have to rebuild after the current structure sinks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by opalu: 6:10am On Feb 01, 2016
Am coming
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by espn(m): 6:13am On Feb 01, 2016
U call this land? Why endager yourself!! It's not worth it pls!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by MVLOX(m): 6:17am On Feb 01, 2016
As a geologist in training I would advice dat u clear or unearth the masrchy or muddy soil probably using a swamp buggy. Next sand fill the land again using very fine sharp sand. But dis is very expensive so I will advice u allow the mature and probably get a company to buy the land. Its a only a company am sure can foot dat kinda bill.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Trapnews: 6:26am On Feb 01, 2016
Olowo ira grin OP has been scammed by omo oniles shocked

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by lumzybo: 6:27am On Feb 01, 2016
incogni2o:

You don't av enough and u wanna build on a swamp? undecided

Wetin carry you go that kinda land?

Unless it's a piece of land that you got for free. If some1 give me that for free, I won't bother myself saying thank you to the person 'cos #gbese

Run brother! Run!!!!!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by lordsharks(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2016
My guy Get a Pro
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Barselonia(m): 6:32am On Feb 01, 2016
espn:
U call this land? Why endager yourself!! It's not worth it pls!
If I tell u that's the most expensive plot of land to buy...would u believe

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Barselonia(m): 6:32am On Feb 01, 2016
AJORE:
2. Columns interval must not exceed 2.5m and dig the columns bases to be 1.2m deep.

Nice one
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by KINGwax007(m): 6:33am On Feb 01, 2016
As a building technologist, you will be adopting the raft foundation type. And I don't know if you can afford it.

It will require reinforcements.

For a fence, it will be a hybrid. A raft with a little pile. It will be damn expensive.

My advice: if you are trying to make it a farm, get a wire fence with a concrete or wooden poles.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by KINGwax007(m): 6:35am On Feb 01, 2016
AJORE:
dude, you're talking theory!

He will spend money on concrete and reinforcements. He will dig deeper than what you're speculating bcoa it is impossible to find a stable strata at at that distance in a marshy land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital / Follow Me To Thank God / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Ijegun, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.