Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,579 members, 7,840,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (19312 Views)

Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! / 2 Units 3 Bedroom Flats At Marshy Hill Estate, Akins Ajah For N800k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by lemon10(m): 6:38am On Feb 01, 2016
Space reserved.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by HastaCuando(m): 6:46am On Feb 01, 2016
Leave the land for Rice farming and other temporal projects, that's what that kind of land is for, else vamoose from there. Remember you cannot cheat nature. Build all you can, nature will always take its course. That land looks like a water way. Run for your life while you can. I personally hate "HAD I KNOWN"
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Jarus(m): 6:55am On Feb 01, 2016
dunmotuscana:
It will cost u a lot no matter what you do. On swampy land like dis,raft and piling is most suitable. Raft is highly needed for d fence while both will be needed for the building depending on ur desgn, u'll need enuf steel too wt. Jst as som1 advice u,maybe u shud sell it and go somwia else wia u cn afford to do watea u want. NO B CHILDS PLAY O! Ask people buildin structures @ LAMGBASA.

Langbasa. Hmmnnnn
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by adigun86(m): 6:57am On Feb 01, 2016
i am a professional soil scientist kindly call me on 08020304004 for the professional advice for Free.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by mrajims(m): 7:05am On Feb 01, 2016
raft foudation wil be the best for the fence and if you cant afford it i will advice you either sell the land or convert it to sumtin else
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Lero15(m): 7:07am On Feb 01, 2016
Raft foundation all the way
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Bigmind(m): 7:13am On Feb 01, 2016
incogni2o:
I am about to build a Mat on a Swampy Land, please Do I have to the trench I digged for the Fence with Sand or Do a blinding directly on the Marshy ground

Some of the part can sink on to the knee.

Thanks.
Contact me.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Onegai(f): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2016
Raft foundation and I hope you have deep pockets because it won't be cheap. Otherwise, you'll be like those who built at OPIC estate back in the day. Just use it for farming rice.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by bomsilaga(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2016
AJORE:
From my site/construction experience .....
1. Dig a trench 1m wide and 0.5 to 0.7 deep.
2. Columns interval must not exceed 2.5m and dig the columns bases to be 1.2m deep.
3. Column footing must be reinforced and construst mat ....Top and bottom bar
4. Use mat through d trench and cast 0.3-0.45m base.
My brother u will come for testimony....
You obviously have not built on such terrain before.
You cannot excavate 1.2m.
Peaty silt is a very problematic soil.
Best option is soil replacement.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by frank043(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2016
AJORE:
2. Columns interval must not exceed 2.5m and dig the columns bases to be 1.2m deep.

I beg to disagree... No offence.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by josite: 8:15am On Feb 01, 2016
AJORE:

GBAM.THIS IS IT.ON THE DOT

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by buddy014real: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2016
I supervised a similar project last year march/april for my mum, I can share a lil experience cos I was there wit d engineers all tru, I think I av some pictures of it..tho am not a site engineer buh I can link u wit d guy dat did d work if needed, call me on 08032127348
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by gentlestandard: 8:44am On Feb 01, 2016
This is pro piece in ur request:
Around d perimeter that is waterlogged u ve to think of constructing a Jetty wall base n on d swampy axis then u go for retaining wall
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 01, 2016
Pour gari and cement to form Santana grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by sirabbey(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2016
First thing first! To build safely and successfully on that land, you need to carry out a soil test. Without a soil test even a structural Engineer may not be able to adequately help you. Without the soil test, any structural design or recommendation (be it Raft Foundation or Pile foundation will be tantamount to swallowing panadol, because of high temperature without a proper clinical diagnosis) may just be a waste on the long run.

It is the soil test that will tell you the soil formation, its bearing capacity and how best to improve its bearing capacity, guide in the process of construction to be embraced as well as the foundation design to be adopted. That is the ethical route to take, if you want to have peace of mind with your construction.

I am a lover and a practitioner of DIYs but it is also wise to learn when to draw the line. Get a soil test done and take it from there. Dont just sink your hard earned money into the swamp, you should know better than to embark on such risky and potentially fatal adventure.

Happy building.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by fkj950ax(m): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2016
@OP
Even after you build, the government will take [b][/b]FOREVER to build roads or public infrastructure.

2. Since you have no money for a professional right now, suspend the project. The fence and or house will sink in 5 years and you'd pay professionals to demolish then.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2016
Mehn if I were you,I'll walk away from that land,I've been there and I can tell you that it wasn't a joke.

That land will drain your pocket and still need more.

I once had a land like that,the money I spent there could build two good houses in a flat dry land in Lagos.

In conclusion:
I say walk away.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by gbemi514: 11:57am On Feb 01, 2016
Plant rice.... Dat piece of land is suitable 4 d production of rice den u make profit afterwards d marshy area bcomes dry....afta den u use it 4 wateva
u want 2 use it 4...........itz a win-win
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by semitunde: 11:59am On Feb 01, 2016
AJORE:

From site experience? How many years pls?

No offence intended.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by brabus(m): 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
semitunde:

No offence intended.

The 0.5 and 0.7 trench might be in km and not metres
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by semitunde: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
brabus:

The 0.5 and 0.7 trench might be in km and not metres

Lol. You got to be kidding me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Buildertobadt: 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
1. HAVE YOU BEGAN BUILDING YOUR OWN HOUSE AND HOPE TO MOVE IN SOONEST ?

2. DID YOU KNOW THAT MATERIALS COST FOR AN AVERAGE BUILDING PROJECT COULD COST UP TO 55% OF THE OVERALL BUDGET?

3. DO YOU KNOW THAT SOME HEARTLESS CONTRACTORS CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY BY CHEATING YOU WITH INFLATED MATERIALS PRICES?

4a. DID YOU KNOW THAT GETTING ALL YOUR QUALITY BUILDING MATERIALS AT VERY AFFORDABLE, BUDGET FRIENDLY PRICES ISN'T A JOKE OR STRESSFUL PROCESS?

b. FOR INSTANCE, ARE YOU AWARE THAT YOU CAN GET A BAG OF DANGOTE CEMENT FOR AS LOW AS N1350 PER BAG?

5. ARE YOU AWARE OF A MARKETPLACE SOLUTION FOR BUILDING MATERIALS CALLED CRIBPARK?

Kindly call 08068839618 NOW OR check out www.cribpark.com to know we can help you save good money and build a quality house at a real budget-friendly cost.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by georgesegun87: 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Kindly add me on whatapp I can be of help to u my contact 07069302921

incogni2o:
I am about to build a Mat on a Swampy Land, please Do I have to the trench I digged for the Fence with Sand or Do a blinding directly on the Marshy ground

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by daive01(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks.
a raft foundation is required in dis case....u will need d ffg
1. Reinforcement- 10mm n 12mm
2. Planks for raft formwork
3. Concrete mix ratio of 1:2:4

Note 1: u may not excavate cos u will likey not get a stable surface, so it's better u sandfill b4 d raft fdn

Note 2: lands of dis type needs a pro n maximum finance

Note 3: no short-cut in constructions on such sites as one might later regret it

Finally, I strongly advice dat u sell d land nd get one wia d soil is stable or if d land is in a developed area, get a developer n talk things Out. I hop dis helps d OP n evry oda person
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by Topman0001(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
dunmotuscana:
It will cost u a lot no matter what you do. On swampy land like dis,raft and piling is most suitable. Raft is highly needed for d fence while both will be needed for the building depending on ur desgn, u'll need enuf steel too wt. Jst as som1 advice u,maybe u shud sell it and go somwia else wia u cn afford to do watea u want. NO B CHILDS PLAY O! Ask people buildin structures @ LAMGBASA.
From your hand writing, i guess you're a structural engr. This dude needs our help, i will not encourage him to run away from his property, i'll rather join him in challenging the problem.
Now that pile foundation may not be affordable, getting an escavator to did a trench will be good. Otherwise, get some people who can use hand tools to dig the trench, get a pumping machine to dewater, u can also use sump as the condition may demand. Reinforcement may be needed as the situation of your site may demand. Preferably Use dry mix of ratio 1:2:4 and set your blockwall on the concrete bed. Good luck bro.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by MicKvictorious(m): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
dunmotuscana:

Raft will be fine, but cost intensive, a moderate of 3ft6 with large column base at some interval( say 3m) will serve.
NB. depending on the soil texture and profile.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by venex(f): 10:18am On Feb 02, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks.

Use the money you will use to build and develop the land and buy a land at Hebron Gardens Lekki

Hebron Gardens Ibeju Lekki with C of O is selling at a fast pace.

This estate is located at Hebron Gardens KM42 Lekki Epe Expressway, Eleju, Ibeju Lekki Government Area of Lagos State. It

is about 5 mins drive from Green Springs School Awoyaya, 6 mins drive to Eleko Beach, 10 mins drive from MayFair Gardens

and 15 mins drive t Lekki Free trade Zone

This estate of the future is conceived to be a model for a serene gated and serviced residential community. The estate

provides the appropriate blending for all aspects of interactive human activities which includes residential, commercial,

educational, institutional, and recreational, inclusive of services.

400sqm is selling for N2.8m for outright payment.
Easy plan (installment): 30% initial deposit of N900,000 balance spread over 10 months @ N210,000(zero interest)

550sqm selling for N3.7M outright payment.
Easy plan (installment): 30% initial deposit of N1.2M balance spread over 10 months @ N280,000(zero interest) For more

enquires call Veronica on 07063200943

Notable Landmarks in the Neigbhourhood:
Greensprings Schools
FaraPark, Lekki
Lekki Free Zone
Lagos Business School
Amen Estate
Mayfair Gardens

Facilities:
Good Road Network
Recreational Facilities
Environmental Security
Perimeter fencing with security gate house
Motorable road
Electricity
Good drainage system
Ultra modern Borehole
Sewage Disposal System

Project will be Executed in 3 Phases
Phase 1: Land Acquisition Scheme
Phase 2: Infrastructure Development
Phase 3: Housing Development Sheme

This property has the following title(s):
Deed of Assignment
Certificate of Occupancy (C of O)

For more info contact Veronica on 07063200943 or visit www.sterlinghomesltd.com
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by incogni2o: 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thanks jare,

I think it is people that are not living in Lagos that are surprised that a Land like this is worth it.

dunmotuscana:
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by AJORE(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
semitunde:

No offence intended.

10yrs +
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by AJORE(m): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
frank043:

I beg to disagree... No offence.
Check pictures on my company prifile on facebook thanks
Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by realomonile: 12:22am On Feb 29, 2016
A plot of land located at Akesan Lagos state Along Lasu iyana iba going for 1.5m negotiable

Direct seller...

Serious buyer should call/whatsapp 08085310359, 09054800167

Email:realomonile@gmail.com

Re: What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? by BigMan4Life: 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
Shrek don post for nairaland oo

OP this is terrible land to build on. u need survey before deciding ur build methods... maybe u need to drive piles .. if pile driver can ever get out of d marsh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State / Where Is The Safest Place In Nigeria To Have Landed Properties? / Urban Crest Estate. Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.