Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,991 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income (780 Views)

See The Top 7 Businesses That Are Raking In Millions In This Recession Period / The Secret Of Raking In Millions Within Three Months With Bakery Business / Sola David-Borha, The Highest Paid CEO In Nigeria Makes N484,931 Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income by ezralxg: 11:33am On Jan 30, 2016
WARNING: THIS ARTICLE ENCOURAGES LAZINESS! READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

Just like in every other industry, the richest bloggers are only 20% or less and these people rake in 80% of the total income while the remaining 20% income is shared by the poorest 80%. This harsh reality of life known as the Pareto principle, is also called the 80 – 20 rule. However awkward it may sound, only 20% of about 1000+ Nigerian owned blogs are actually making money and in case you didn’t know, those who form the 20% are actually doing nothing but literally yawning and watching their income streams.

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

In line with the Pareto principle and to tell you how worse it has gotten globally, Independent.co.uk did a story titled: Just 62 People now own the same wealth as half the world’s population, research finds. The story was based on research conducted by Charity Oxfam which found that in 2011, about 388 people had the same wealth as the poorest half of humanity. The number fell to 80 in 2014 and 62 in 2015. What this means is that fewer people are learning to trap more money and thereby depriving those who have not understood how to earn and trap money, so the number of people who go to bed hungry is actually on the increase. No wonder it is often said that the rich gets richer while the poor gets poorer.2014-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG-S-BMW-M5-front-three-quarters

Like the popular story goes, there are three types of people in the rat race. Those who catch the bus, those who attempt but fail to catch the bus, and then the onlookers who watch others as they catch or fail to catch the bus. So where do these bloggers belong? Your guess is as good as mine.

Who Are The 20% Richest Bloggers In Nigeria?

20 % Nigerian bloggers who are making the most money are just a handful. With Linda Ikeji topping the list, Uche Pedro, Japhet Omojuwa, Omoyele Sowore, Chude Jideonwo Loy Okezie and Seun Sasenwa all follow suit. This group is raking in 80 percent of the total income. Before you start thinking they worked too hard to get to top spots, lets tell you a bit more about their stories while focusing on Linda Ikeji (The queen of blogging).

Linda-ad-rates
Picture of Linda Ikeji’s advert rate as at 17/02/2015. Credit: Ventures Africa
Honest truth is: Linda Ikeji tried to be successful through too much hard work but failed at it. According to Ventures Africa, to support herself through school and her family, she began working at the age of 17 doing everything from waitressing and ushering to modeling and bar tending, none of which paid a lot…Read More. But soon she realized that working hard was not easy. Confirming how difficult it was for her Ms. Ikeji said of herself:

“I’d leave lectures, go to a hotel and sell beer from 1pm till 10pm. I did this for a few months, it wasn’t easy, I had to survive”

In her memoir posted on Bella Naija, she recounted how she had worked as a model, registered modeling agency called Black Dove Communications and eventually quit modeling for blogging. About Black Dove, she said she still has it but no longer running it full time.

RBN Bloggers digging beyond the surface made a case for laziness.

In the case for laziness bugging the blogging profession we discovered that the lack of research, lack of content, publishing from the comfort of your bedroom, depending on others for what to publish, making poor choices of what to post and what not to post, having no other obligation unless to post and deciding when to, having no deadline and depending on stories and articles from others are some of the lazy attributes enjoyed by the richest Nigerian bloggers. Japhet Omojuwa Pays his P.As to blog for him, and he has two of them. With a salary of N1million to each of his P.As, there is no limit to the number of posts that ends up on his blog every day.Linda Ikeji Birthday_Coko Bar_ Manchester_27Sep2013_Sync PHOTOS-3

The article on Venture Africa mentioned that at the time she(Ms. Ikeji) started blogging, she had no set goals. There was no management whatsoever and no plans. All she wanted was a space to write. She was not even willing to invest in building a personalized website, and when her Google hosted blog was shut down on October 8, 2014 due to allegations of plagiarism, she was forced to engage the services of a web designer who built a website for her but guess what again, she was too lazy to go through the intricacies of posting through a website.

According to Uche Pedro who is also one of the 20 percent, her Blogging career started as a time filling hobby way to kill boredom. Seun Sansewa who owns Nairaland.com does not write much anymore. Although he owns a personal blog where he posts research articles, 80 percent of his income comes from selling ads space on Nairaland.

What Makes Them Rich

The question is, if these guys are so lazy, how come they are making so much money. What elements keep them going?

They Love It

The first key element to succeeding for a blogger comes from Linda Ikeji who said: “You have to love blogging. You can’t say I want to blog because I want to make money. Enjoy it, and love it.”

Doing what you love sounds like a better reason to anything you do than doing it for the money. When you do what you love or you love what you do, it becomes so interesting that work doesn’t feel like work anymore.

Love is the most powerful motivator in the world. It spurs mortals to greatness. Their noblest and bravest acts are done for love. – Rick Riordan.

They Turn A Blind Eye To The Money

The richest bloggers turn away their eyes from money. Keeping a blind eye to the money means not looking for adverts the very day you launch your blog.

“I started blogging out of passion. Something I never thought I could make money from.” – Linda Ikeji

They Stay True To The Course

According to Richard Templar, author of The Rules Of Wealth,there is a temptation once we have made a bit of money, when an investment has worked out, or it seems to be all paying off, to sit back and relax.

Even in laziness, there is a bit of perspiration necessary and it is described in three words: Focus, determination and hard work.

“I make enough money to hire so many people to work on this blog while I go do other things and enjoy myself… but I don’t do that. I’m up while some of you are sleeping, and already blogging before some of you wake up.” – Linda Ikeji

“Nothing wilts faster than laurels that have been rested upon.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley

They Make Regular Deliveries

Success is a slow process. Think of gaining prosperity as stalking a reluctant tiger. It’ll be wary and cautious and you have to stalk it skilfully, quietly, almost lovingly. – Richard Templar.

“There are over a thousand blogs, but what will make people enjoy visiting your blog depends on the efforts you put into it. So, be passionate about it, be consistent, don’t blog once or twice in a week, blog everyday if you can.” – Linda Ikeji

Softly softly catchee monkey.

http://www.rbnbloggers.net/2016/01/26/how-the-laziest-bloggers-are-raking-in-the-highest-income/

Re: How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income by ezralxg: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2016
Picture of Linda Ikeji’s advert rate as at 17/02/2015. Credit: Ventures Africa

Re: How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income by SUPERPACK: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2016
who cares

1 Like

Re: How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
I like this article but it needs proper formatting. It also blows the lid off the assumption that hardwork is the only way to wealth.
The advantage someone like Linda has over the competition is her country of birth; in developed countries no one would give her mediocre blog a second thought. Uche Pedro unknown to you has hired writers who pump fresh topics into her blog. Apart from her haphazard blog design one can see it has international-level content - she also selects comments she displays giving the blog a high-class niche of sorts.
The owner of this forum despite your description used hard work to create and promote this business although the same hardwork has fallen off because he achieved satisfaction in terms of finances and goals.
Re: How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income by annexworld(m): 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Non Oil Products For Export - Urgently Needed .. Only Serious People Need Reply / Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? / A Flash Mob Company..? Is It A Good Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.