Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,777 members, 7,959,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

What Bible Says About Women In Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Bible Says About Women In Church (2496 Views)

What The Bible Says About Relationships / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / What does the Bible says about Christian suffering, should a Christian suffer??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by malvisguy212: 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

DID U EVEN READ THE POST U COATED coz am nt sure u did.
MY QUESTION IS WHY DO WE HAVE MUMMY G.O WHEN MEN ARE THEIR....WHY DO THOSE MUMMY G.O GIVE SWRMON WHEN MEN ARE THERE.
is mummy GO the head of the church ? Does given sermon mean you are dominating ? I gave you an example of priscilia a female who explained to Apollos (a man) , does explaining to apollos mean priscilia is assuming authority over peter the leader of the church ? Stop reading the bible the way you read the quran.

1 Like

Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
is mummy GO the head of the church ? Does given sermon mean you are dominating ? I gave you an example of priscilia a female who explained to Apollos (a man) , does explaining to apollos mean priscilia is assuming authority over peter the leader of the church ? Stop reading the bible the way you read the quran.

remember i am coating the bible these are not my words and how do u expect me to read the bible...it is boldly written there women r nt to talk in the church....except u dnt want to acknowledge that verse
ALSO REMEMBER IT IS THIS SAME BIBLE THAT IS YOUR BOOK OF WISDOM.....DO U MEAN VERSES IN YOUR BOOK OF WISDOM CONTRADICT EACH OTHER.
PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME MORE.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
malvisguy212:

remember i am coating the bible these are not my words and how do u expect me to read the bible(but does words are written in english except if u wqnt me to misinterprete the bible)...it is boldly written there women r nt to talk in the church....except u dnt want to acknowledge that verse
ALSO REMEMBER IT IS THIS SAME BIBLE THAT IS YOUR BOOK OF WISDOM.....DO U MEAN VERSES IN YOUR BOOK OF WISDOM CONTRADICT EACH OTHER.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by malvisguy212: 10:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

remember i am coating the bible these are not my words and how do u expect me to read the bible(but does words are written in english except if u wqnt me to misinterprete the bible)...it is boldly written there women r nt to talk in the church....except u dnt want to acknowledge that verse
the verse do not forbid women to speak in church, the verse was saying women cannot assume authority over the man.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
the verse do not forbid women to speak in church, the verse was saying women cannot assume authority over the man.

is this lie or what.. but u can use ur two eyes to see it boldly written there WOMEN ARE NOT TO SPEAK IN CHURCH.... is it d holy spirit that is advicing u to say this coz am surprised
NO WONDER U AND UR CHRISTIANS BROTHER ARE ALWAYS FABRICATING POINTS FROM THE QURAN...SO U GUYS KNOW THE TRUTH...U JUST DONT WANT TO ADMIT IT.....IT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE...
WOMEN ARE NOT TO TALK IN CHURCH...DO I HAVE TO SPELL EACH LETTER OUT TO U BEFORE U UNDERSTAND IT...OR HIS THIS ONE OF THE WORKS OF UR HOLY SPIRIT...COZ AM CONFUSED OOOO
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mario1989:
GENDER EQUALITY have rendered alot of antient laws useless in our generation.
THIS IS THE WORST ANSWER HAVE GOTTEN THIS WEEK...BROS Y DONT U WASTE UR M.B SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by cloudgoddess(f): 11:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
The bible is full of archaic and sexist BS because the bible itself is a work of archaic BS (along with a few wise words that Buddha or Confucious probably said first anyway).
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:09am On Jan 31, 2016
cloudgoddess:
The bible is full of archaic and sexist BS because the bible itself is a work of archaic BS (along with a few wise words that Buddha or Confucious probably said first anyway).

abi.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:10am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
still expecting ur reply.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by malvisguy212: 12:18am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

is this lie or what.. but u can use ur two eyes to see it boldly written there WOMEN ARE NOT TO SPEAK IN CHURCH.... is it d holy spirit that is advicing u to say this coz am surprised
NO WONDER U AND UR CHRISTIANS BROTHER ARE ALWAYS FABRICATING POINTS FROM THE QURAN...SO U GUYS KNOW THE TRUTH...U JUST DONT WANT TO ADMIT IT.....IT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE...
WOMEN ARE NOT TO TALK IN CHURCH...DO I HAVE TO SPELL EACH LETTER OUT TO U BEFORE U UNDERSTAND IT...OR HIS THIS ONE OF THE WORKS OF UR HOLY SPIRIT...COZ AM CONFUSED OOOO
let us do it one after the other. Why are women not to talk in church ?
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Why is truthman,amberon...etc not in this thrend ...I THOUGHT THIS IS THE KIND OF TREND THEY LIKE STORMING
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:25am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
let us do it one after the other. Why are women not to talk in church ?
dont u get it...am nt asking for ur explanation....WHAT AM SAYING IS UR BIBLE SAID *********** WHY ARE U PRACTISING *********...IS THAT THE TEACHING OF UR BIBLE....IS UR BIBLE FABRICATED OR U R D ONE DAT DOSE NOT KNOW WAT HIS DOING....OR R U CONDEMNING THIS VERSE IN UR HOLY BIBLE..
THOSE ARE WHAT I WANT U TO ANALYSE NOT STORYS....PERIOD.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by malvisguy212: 12:31am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

dont u get it...am nt asking for ur explanation....WHAT AM SAYING IS UR BIBLE SAID *********** WHY ARE U PRACTISING *********...IS THAT THE TEACHING OF UR BIBLE....IS UR BIBLE FABRICATED OR U R D ONE DAT DOSE NOT KNOW WAT HIS DOING....OR R U CONDEMNING THIS VERSE IN UR HOLY BIBLE..
THOSE ARE WHAT I WANT U TO ANALYSE NOT STORYS....PERIOD.
I gave you the answer, the context is about leadership, excluding the congregation, but were seems to confused you is the word "NOT TO SPEAK IN CHURCH" so since you reject my answer, let me know your reason why women are not to speak in church. Simple!!!
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:39am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
I gave you the answer, the context is about leadership, excluding the congregation, but were seems to confused you is the word "NOT TO SPEAK IN CHURCH" so since you reject my answer, let me know your reason why women are not to speak in church. Simple!!!
BROS, u trying to shift the argument on my head...am d confused one here, am d one asking d question...I SAW WOMEN R NOT TO TALK boldly written in the bible and u trying to tell me now THAT I NEED HOLY SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING...but this is written in english
when i write "please dont go out" in english ...do u nid holy spirit to interprete that...PLEASE DONT GO OUT SIMPLY MEANS U ARE NOT TO GO OUT....U DONT NEED AN INTERPRETER FOR THAT
THEN Y ARE U FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN IN UR BIBLE OR IS IT ONLY MY BIBLE THAT HAS DAT VERSE.
bros u keep confusing me....ARE U SAYING WHAT EVER I SEE IN THE BIBLE HAS ANOTHER MEANING.?
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by malvisguy212: 12:57am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

BROS, u trying to shift the argument on my head...am d confused one here, am d one asking d question...I SAW WOMEN R NOT TO TALK boldly written in the bible and u trying to tell me now THAT I NEED HOLY SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING...but this is written in english
when i write "please dont go out" in english ...do u nid holy spirit to interprete that...PLEASE DONT GO OUT SIMPLY MEANS U ARE NOT TO GO OUT....U DONT NEED AN INTERPRETER FOR THAT
THEN Y ARE U FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN IN UR BIBLE OR IS IT ONLY MY BIBLE THAT HAS DAT VERSE.
bros u keep confusing me....ARE U SAYING WHAT EVER I SEE IN THE BIBLE HAS ANOTHER MEANING.?
malvisguy212:
Let me repeat myself again. Paul was saying women should know their ROLE in ministries, they should NOT ASSUME authority over the men, When a woman submissively asks or answers questions, or makes comments in a Bible study (where men are present) she is NOT DOMINATING or taking over the class, but is simply a PARTICIPANTS in the
class that is being LED by a teacher (MEN) . Let me give you an example:
Priscilla was a female apostle, she was teaching apollos, I want you to keep in mind that peter was the head of the church:
Acts 18:25-26
This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John. So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When
Aquila and PRISCILIA heard him, they
took him aside and EXPLAINED TO HIM THE WAY OF GOD more accurately.
Does it mean priscilia was the leader of the church and peter was not ? Men can preach with authority and Leadership, a woman cannot do this she can only speak.
Titus 2:15
Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke
with ALL AUTHORITY. Let no one despise
you.
Titus can rebuke and speak with ALL authority, this is the role a woman cannot assume over the man.
The context in corinthans involved ASSEMBLY, men are told not to speak two or more at the same time. Women are told NOT to speak at all. Everyone has a role to play.
Joel 2:28
"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit
on all people. Your sons and DAUGHTERS WILL PROPHESY, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see vision.
If women are not to speak in church, how could the prophesy? Prophesied involved speaking. If you do not agree, okay, I cannot help you any further, that's all I've got to explained.
OLAJADON:

Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 1:25am On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=42479759][/quote]
THIS MEANS YOU.ARE NOT READY TO ACCEPT THE FACT.....SO THAT IS HOW U TWIST THE BIBLE TO UR ADVANTAGE CLAIMING HOLY SPIRIT AND THAT IS HOW U MISINTERPRETE HADITH AND QURANIC VERSE
THIS IS ABSURD SOMEONE DENYING WHAT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN IN HIS OWN PERSONAL PRIVATE CONFIDENTIAL RESERVED HOLY BIBLE(INDEED HOLY).
Well i have acomplished my aim....i know ryt from the beginning of this argument u wont have any valid point to say....GUD NITE I WANT TO SLEEP.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 31, 2016
1 Corinthians 11:3

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 31, 2016
1 Corinthians 11:1-34 ESV

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. ...
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Igbaba2: 5:09am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:
INSHA ALLAH, before the end of nxt week i will create a thrend explaning the bible verse that condemns cricifixion.
i'll follow u up personally
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 7:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Igbaba2:
i'll follow u up personally
DONT WORRY BEFORE THE END OF TODAY INSHA ALLAH....IF AM FREEE I WILL POST IT BY HIS WILL.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2016
hockeyoilers:
1 Corinthians 11:1-34 ESV

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. ...
bless u brother.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Scholar8200(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

did u just say paul, guy u Bleep up...is it not the same paul that gave a different account about the crucifixion of jesus...do u know that their is a place in the bible that paul said it himself that what he himself(pardon my english) wrote is mixed with lie(can remember the bible verse, maybe a muslim brother can help me with the verse....but if u insist on getting the verse i can help u with it..and i will send it to u... when it ready)
Make haste to give your proofs of the highlighted!
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by MuttleyLaff: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:
did u just say paul, guy u Bleep up..
is it not the same paul that gave a different account about the crucifixion of jesus...
do u know that their is a place in the bible that paul said it himself that what he himself (pardon my english) wrote is mixed with lie

(can remember the bible verse, maybe a muslim brother can help me with the verse....
but if u insist on getting the verse i can help u with it..and i will send it to u... when it ready)

malvisguy212:
where is the verse?
ROTBL. He is waiting for the calvary to bail him out with a get-out-of-jail card

Scholar8200:
Make haste to give your proofs of the highlighted!
Let's put the kettle on whilst we wait for him to come back possibly with a misinterpreted Romans 3:7

PS: This topic about women has been overflogged on different threads so many times.
I wonder what OP will do when Naija has her first woman president as Naija's head
I wonder how OP took it in 2006 -2007 when Virginia Ngozi Etiaba was declared governor of Anambra state
or better still, now in Taraba state, where Aisha Alhassan is Nigeria's first female governor-elect and the head of Taraba state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin (Deut. 24:16)
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
If you believe that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ pbuh actually happened,

then you also have to take the complete story and believe all of it.

Consider this part in Matthew which describes what was happening

when Jesus pbuh supposedly died on the cross.

Matthew 27:51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was split in

two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake,

and the rocks broke apart,52.

And the graves were opened;

and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53.

And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and

went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

DO YOU STILL BELIEVE?

Do you believe that dead people got out of graves, and walked

downtown to Jerusalem and introduced themselves

to many people there ?

Can you imagine such a thing ?

CRAWLING THEIR WAY OUT OF GRAVES

COVERED WITH MUD

People who had been buried , bursting out of the ground

like some kind of zombie, dusting the dirt off, straightening

their grave clothes, and hitch hiking down a highway to town

where they start shaking hands (or whatever they had) with the locals.

DO YOU HONESTLY STILL BELIEVE?

Well if you don't believe that ,you can't believe any of it

because it is part of the same story.

You have to consider all of the story
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
There is no question that the emphasized parts above, especially in Psalm 91:11-12, 15 and the others, clearly and indisputably agree with the Noble Quran's and Isaiah 52:13 Verses that are shown below. Jesus was neither crucified nor resurrected, and he was protected and lifted by GOD Almighty. Also, the New Testament, again, confirms that Psalm 91 is referring to Jesus Christ.

GOD Almighty will hear his cries (Psalm 91:15) and will save him (Psalm 91:3).

GOD Almighty will cover him with His Protection (Psalm 91:4).

Christ will then not have any fear in him (Psalm 91:5).

Christ will then observe with his own eyes the punishment of the crucified ones (Psalm 91:cool.

No harm (this includes crucifixion!) or disaster will even come near Christ (Psalm 91:10....this even contradicts him getting beaten up before crucifixion).

GOD Almighty will send down the Angels to protect him and lift him (Psalm 91:11-12, 14, Isaiah 52:13). Not even his foot will strike the ground from his enemies pushing, grappling and punishment.

Christ's call will be HEARD, and he will be delivered and honored (Psalm 91:15, Isaiah 52:13). No way would these verses be valid if Christ got crucified.

His life will be prolonged (extended) and he will live to even see his offspring (Isaiah 53:10 and Psalm 91:16, which by the way contradict Jesus never got married and had children. In Islam's Noble Quran's 13:38, however, it is quite possible that Jesus Christ had wives and children).

His life will overpower death (Isaiah 53:12).

"Death" in Isaiah 53:9 is proven to be symbolic using the Hebrew Lexicon and several English translations, and it never meant a literal death.

Important Note: Psalm 91 is speaking as a number of Prophecies that WILL take place. Notice how the verses are speak of future events that WILL TAKE PLACE. Never once throughout the entire New Testament were the Angels sent to save Jesus from striking his foot against a rock. This, again, clearly proves that the NT is indeed false and corrupt.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by analice107: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Brethren can't you perceive that you guys are engaging a teenager who didn't even finish secondary school? Pls stop dignifying this ignorant child with responses. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

ROTBL. He is waiting for the calvary to bail him out with a get-out-of-jail card

Let's put the kettle on whilst we wait for him to come back possibly with a misinterpreted Romans 3:7

PS: This topic about women has been overflogged on different threads so many times.
I wonder what OP will do when Naija has her first woman president as Naija's head
I wonder how OP took it in 2006 -2007 when Virginia Ngozi Etiaba was declared governor of Anambra state
or better still, now in Taraba state, where Aisha Alhassan is Nigeria's first female governor-elect and the head of Taraba state
mtcheeewwww....at first i thought you had something to say.
Re: What Bible Says About Women In Church by OLAJADON: 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
analice107:
Brethren can't you perceive that you guys are engaging a teenager who didn't even finish secondary school? Pls stop dignifying this ignorant child with responses. Thank you.
WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING....IF U ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE U WILL PROVE US WRONG.
OR ARE YOU SCARED?....DONT WORRY I WONT FLOG U.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Always Said No Truth In Islam / Apostle Suleman’s 2020 Prophecies Of Hope, Joy And Anxieties! / Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.