Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom (967 Views)

"Nigeria Telecom Operators Will Now Pay N500,000 For Unsolicited Messages" - NCC / Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs / Aborted Tariff Hike: Expect Poor Data Services, Telecom Operators Tell Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by nenergy(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cross-selling is important to the growth of businesses, but when cross-selling prevents a customer from getting the main product/service that brought he/she to the shop, then cross-selling becomes counterproductive.

Cross-selling is an important KPI in the sales and customer care department of all telecom operators. One viable way they cross-sell is making you buy airtime when doing a sim swap or replacement. All of the 4 GSM networks do it, but Globacom's own is abysmal. shocked

My Glo sim of over six years recently began malfunctioning. Service goes off and i have to restart my device to get it running. With my 3 years’ experience in telecoms support, i figured i needed a sim swap, as i haven’t done one before.

I check online (www.gloworld.com/ng/support/self-care/sim-replacement ) and also called 121 to get the requirements. Sim replacement costs only N100. I factored in a recharge of N200 and left for Gloworld at Ikorodu on 27th, January. I got there filled out the form, signed and my ID Card was photocopied. It got to my turn, the CCR verified the details and asked for N1, 100, saying the sim replacement comes with a recharge of N1, 000. A whole N1, 000 this January ending? grin

I appealed to her, that i only loaded N1, 100 the day before to buy data and i didn’t leave home with enough money for airtime of N1, 000. She said it is policy, but i quickly pointed out that only N100 was mentioned in the form i signed.

Long story short, the swap wasn’t done and i went back home after wasting 2 hours and N200 to and fro the Gloworld. I got home and emailed customercare@gloworld.com to report the matter and asked for a waiver, but got this reply twice:

We regret we are unable to solicit on your behalf, as it is part of the requirement for sim replacement.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

What else to do than call NCC on 622 to report the matter? NCC promised to send the query to Glo and i await a notification.

It is a sad development i feel needs to be addressed. No company should put sales above customer satisfaction.

Let’s see what comes out of NCC's intervention.

[size=20pt]
Globacom, forcing your customers to buy N1,000 airtime during sim replacement is anti-customer STOP IT![/size]

1 Share

Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by psucc(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
My fellow patriot, it is sad the the regulators in Nigeria are mere tools in the hands of those they ought to check.

Well I had to part with N600 at airtel shop. what do we expect?

1 Like

Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by kennyman2000(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by nenergy(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
psucc:
My fellow patriot, it is sad the the regulators in Nigeria are mere tools in the hands of those they ought to check.

Well I had to part with N600 at airtel shop. what do we expect?
Just imagine! I feel N200 is fair and customers without the money to purchase it shouldn't be denied the service Or they clearly state it on their website and other channels.
Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by nenergy(m): 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
I tweeted at them and NCC.

Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by nenergy(m): 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eh Oga lalasticlala , help my campaign biko undecided
Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by nenergy(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2016
Sim swap done, after i complied and got N1,000 airtime. Since the NCC won't fight for a subscriber: Globacom 1 Vs (7 years) customer 0.

1 Share

Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by Jaftee(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2016
I guess Nairaland dot com will not help also. NCC wake up.
Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by gidjah(m): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
I guessed its because the agent o cashie didint like ur face,coz,yhe last time i did my glo welcome was about 6yrs ago(though had to thow the pack away when their glo wahala was getting too much),i was able to convince d lady cashier that i only have #100 ,she accepted my plea way back then.the best option would have been to port ASAP!.
Re: Arm-twisting By Telecom Operators: A Rant At Globacom by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
gidjah:
I guessed its because the agent o cashie didint like ur face,coz,yhe last time i did my glo welcome was about 6yrs ago(though had to thow the pack away when their glo wahala was getting too much),i was able to convince d lady cashier that i only have #100 ,she accepted my plea way back then.the best option would have been to port ASAP!.
You were lucky but presently it's not so again. MTN has even join the train for exploitation

(1) (Reply)

Need A Good Phone (snapdragon) / Device With Monster Battery You Would Suggest. / Lenovo Vibe P1M First Hand Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.