Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (18104 Views)

Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. Your analogy is typical of Man who places the cart before the horse. I wonder how your childhood was. Were you brought in a Christian, moslem or traditional home? My late granny (an idol worshipper) used to tell us there's a God greater than the one she worships and she will point to the sky. Lots of you who haven't read the Bible or quran question who God is. Why don't you get a copy of either of the books and study to know who he is instead of saying what you don't know, Mr. Free thinker.

My childhood was obviously much better than you can imagine. I was given the freedom to reason unlike many people.

You granny like every other ancient point to the sky because of the encounters the ancient had with aliens visitors. That is where the idea of God being in the sky came from, including in the bible and Koran.

Have you ever sat down and read these books yourself?

1 Like

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ogaprime(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

Being alive is no special privilege. Life and death are inevitable. The God you are talking about is you and I who never dies. Looks like you don't even know what God is.

Are you an atheist??
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

My childhood was obviously much better than you can imagine. I was given the freedom to reason unlike many people.

You granny like every other ancient point to the sky because of the encounters the ancient had with aliens visitors. That is where the idea of God being in the sky came from, including in the bible and Koran.

Have you ever sat down and read these books yourself?

. You see why I say your mind is distorted. My granny never said anything about alien. You believe in an alien being story you were told but not an omnipotent being who ways, if you get to know, will make your life much. That's why I suggest you read one of the books. I know a little of the Bible because I'm a Christian and the teachings about so many things in it you change your life. What kind of free thinking upbringing where you giving? If you have doubts about any aspect of the Bible as regards the wellbeing and upbringing of child, read it and see the clear picture. There's no free thinker in the world who doesn't believe in some entity or the course of certain things. You have any questions about the Bible ask or you get a copy and then find out.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. You see why I say your mind is distorted. My granny never said anything about alien. You believe in an alien being story you were told but not an omnipotent being who ways, if you get to know, will make your life much. That's why I suggest you read one of the books. I know a little of the Bible because I'm a Christian and the teachings about so many things in it you change your life. What kind of free thinking upbringing where you giving? If you have doubts about any aspect of the Bible as regards the wellbeing and upbringing of child, read it and see the clear picture. There's no free thinker in the world who doesn't believe in some entity or the course of certain things. You have any questions about the Bible ask or you get a copy and then find out.

You know a little of the bible,so why argue with someone who knows a lot about the bible? Your granny wouldn't use the word aliens,she might say "Star beings" or gods,whichever one. They are many encounter stories with Star being written in the Bible. It a shame you do not know.

I have read the bible well enough and there is nothing like an omnipotent god in it.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
ogaprime:

Are you an atheist??

I am a human being

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by CoolUsername: 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
I plan on teaching my children HOW to think and not WHAT to think.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ogaprime(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

I am a human being
God bless you...
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
ogaprime:

God bless you...

Do you even know the meaning of the word "bless"?
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ogaprime(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

Do you even know the meaning of the word "bless"?

Follow your heart and leave spiritual things for the spiritualist. Even if you have ever had the spirit of God in you and de spirit left that doesn't mean you still know God. You only read the Bible from genesis to revelations in the dark without the light of God for understanding, so you only read story book and not THE HOLY BIBLE...
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

You know a little of the bible,so why argue with someone who knows a lot about the bible? Your granny wouldn't use the word aliens,she might say "Star beings" or gods,whichever one. They are many encounter stories with Star being written in the Bible. It a shame you do not know.

I have read the bible well enough and there is nothing like an omnipotent god in it.

. You have read the Bible and you talk like someone who hasn't. Probably, you read it without understanding... Free thinker indeed.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
ogaprime:

Follow your heart and leave spiritual things for the spiritualist. Even if you have ever had the spirit of God in you and de spirit left that doesn't mean you still know God. You only read the Bible from genesis to revelations in the dark without the light of God for understanding, so you only read story book and not THE HOLY BIBLE...

I always follow my heart,do you? There is no such thing as spiritualist since we are all spirits. The bible is not a true measure of knowledge, understanding life better is. The bible is only a book that contain stories stolen from ancient civilizations. God is everything you see around you,not a specific being.

To know more about life is getting to know more about your surrounding with an open mind. The bible is indeed a story book. Think and grow wise.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. You have read the Bible and you talk like someone who hasn't. Probably, you read it without understanding... Free thinker indeed.

Give me an example of what you have read and understood in the bible?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by brojoshua: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
iliyande:
Children in their formative years are dependent on their parents in almost every way possible. Our kids look to parents to feed them, to shelter them, to clothe them, sometimes even to protect them when necessary. More importantly, our children are dependent on parents to help them spiritually.

Proverbs 22:6 teaches us to "train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." In what areas do we have to train our children? Here are seven values that every Christian parent should teach his or her children.

Faith

It's often a child's default to place their faith in their mothers and fathers, and as good as it is for kids to learn how to trust their parents that faith and trust for earthly parents should never go beyond their trust for their Heavenly Father. Parents can teach their kids how to put their faith in God by always reminding them that every provision and blessing comes from God, whether they're asking for a certain toy or receiving their day's meals.

Prayer

As the old saying goes, "a family that prays together stays together." It's extremely important that kids are always given an example to follow in leading a life of prayer and devotion. Practices as simple as regularly praying before meals, and taking some time in the evening to pray for each other go a long way in building the value of prayer in children.

Compassion

As important as it is to teach justice and discipline to our children, we must also constantly portray and explain compassion to kids and regularly practicing visible compassion. Taking time to get your children involved in compassion projects such as feeding programs and ministry amongst the urban poor can be great ways to build a value of compassion that we must have for those in need.

Hunger for God's Word

Beyond the earthly wisdom that parents can provide their kids, there must always be the wisdom that comes from the Word of God. The great news is that the Bible is so full of knowledge that children can learn and apply to almost every area of their life. However, what use is it for parents to teach kids how to read their Bible when they themselves are not in love with God's Word. Teaching the Bible to kids is an outflow practice, meaning we can't teach our kids what we ourselves have not yet consumed.

Integrity

When parents and guardians teach our kids integrity, they don't have to worry about what their children do behind closed doors. The best ways to teach integrity is to always remind them that even if people don't see their deeds and misdeeds, God does and what they do in private heavily affects what they do in public.

Humility

Psychology Today states that pride is something that reflects as early as early childhood. Pride isn't all that bad. It helps build confidence in children, but just like anything else in this world too much of it can be detrimental. Parents teach their children humility best by explaining how our confidence comes from God and not ourselves.

Competence

No one wants unsuccessful children. Competence is one of the most important keys to future success for our children. The best way to teach children competence is to encourage them to pursue a craft or art that they can become good at. Don't limit their options, but rather allow them to explore.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/7.values.to.teach.our.children.to.make.them.grow.into.godly.men.and.aomen/77955.htm

. If say a father has believed in God, if he has truly been saved by the grace of God through faith in Christ. Truly the next thing is to ensure that his child hears the gospel preached to him by true preachers two or three times, and then let the father watch the child well in true, to see if the child also has believed in God in true, that he has come to true faith. Then let him or the child who has believed be taught the will, ways and words of Christ. To true Christians, the true brethren, Christ did not just gather His family members and be teaching them the words and will of God but really only those who believe in God through Him. The true ministers of Christ also don't give what is holy to the dogs. Let say a father who is a true Christian should first live the life of God before his child, let him also let the child be exposed to the true gospel from true preachers, twice or thrice, and then let him watch the child if he has truly believed, and then he can then be truly be teaching such a child all the things or other things of God: prayer, fasting, Reading words of God,... True teachers truly teach only those who have believed in God. They do not give the food of sheep to goats. But an unbelieving and foolish teacher will also be like a foolish hen that sits on unfertilized eggs to incubate and hatch them. He will and can not discern. There are so many people who go to what are also called churches not willingly but only because it is the father who says the children or the wife must also go, not because they believe in God themselves. And so many of these don't put their ears or hearts to what the teachers are teaching. And again to a true believer, say a true servant of God or a father who has true faith in Christ, the members of the household of God are not necessarily my children or wife or brothers, but only those who have believed in God. Finally let true ministers of God also teach everyone who has believed all the will,ways and words of God. Let every faithful father tell the children the faith of God in Christ, and a child who believed let him then be taught all the ways and words of the Lord, the one God has given the heart to understand through faith. Thanks you.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

Give me an example of what you have read and understood in the bible?
. An example is nurturing a child so when he's old, what he was nurtured with will guide. Children have beautiful mind devoid of hate or what have you and that is the reason Christ said only those with their kind of heart will have eternal life. But as they grow, you will have to nurture them. A child gets to an age and no longer drinks milk but eats meat and bones. In essence, you guide them cos they will make mistakes and that's where the belief or faith or your free thinking comes in. But remember free thinking allows anything to get into your mind so in order to guide against that, it is what you have fed into you that guides against such. It's what comes out of a man that defiles him so the question is, what have you fed yourself with?
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. An example is nurturing a child so when he's old, what he was nurtured with will guide. Children have beautiful mind devoid of hate or what have you and that is the reason Christ said only those with their kind of heart will have eternal life. But as they grow, you will have to nurture them. A child gets to an age and no longer drinks milk but eats meat and bones. In essence, you guide them cos they will make mistakes and that's where the belief or faith or your free thinking comes in. But remember free thinking allows anything to get into your mind so in order to guide against that, it is what you have fed into you that guides against such. It's what comes out of a man that defiles him so the question is, what have you fed yourself with?

That was also in the Egyptian book of the dead and unless you don't know, it came before the bible. Give me another one.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

That was also in the Egyptian book of the dead and unless you don't know, it came before the bible. Give me another one.
. Lol, Egyptian book of dead. That's what free thinking does to one. Another example is receive Jesus as your Lord as personal saviour, the only way to eternal life.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ogaprime(m): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

I always follow my heart,do you? There is no such thing as spiritualist since we are all spirits. The bible is not a true measure of knowledge, understanding life better is. The bible is only a book that contain stories stolen from ancient civilizations. God is everything you see around you,not a specific being.

To know more about life is getting to know more about your surrounding with an open mind. The bible is indeed a story book. Think and grow wise.

your poo and piss is part of everything in your surrounding, so with your open mind your poo and piss is your god. no wonder some people worship cow, snake and non living things, weldone oo idol worshipper. I won't quote you after this if you reply...and I am not running away. There is just no point in arguing with you. God bless you and thank you...
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
ogaprime:

your poo and piss is part of everything in your surrounding, so with your open mind your poo and piss is your god. no wonder some people worship cow, snake and non living things, weldone oo idol worshipper. I won't quote you after this if you reply...and I am not running away. There is just no point in arguing with you. God bless you and thank you...

Bye and stay ignorant

4 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. Lol, Egyptian book of dead. That's what free thinking does to one. Another example is receive Jesus as your Lord as personal saviour, the only way to eternal life.

Jesus should receive me as his lord instead. You laugh at the Egyptian book just the same way I laugh at the bible smiley

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ogaprime(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:

Oga, leave that free thinker ( as if the free thinking is his power, abi mad people no dey think freely??) that's worshipping things around him like idol worshipper. Please don't disturb him, he his busy worshipping his mobile phone.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

Jesus should receive me as his lord instead. You laugh at the Egyptian book just the same way I laugh at the bible smiley
. Your life done bend but Jesus forgives and that's why he came for people like you. In due time, you will be saved. Until then, keep thinking freely but your time is near. Remember what happened to Pharaoh or was it not recorded in the Egyptian book of the dead?
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

. I thought you said you are a free thinker but still read and believe in the Egyptian book of the dead. Wonders shall not end. People believe in some kind of entity but to believe in God becomes a problem. O boy make your head dey your neck o. No let devil use you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by LEVITE150: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
saasala:
In this 21st century?
what happen to 21st century?
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by uzoronwusa: 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Being alive is no special privilege. Life and death are inevitable. The God you are talking about is you and I who never dies. Looks like you don't even know what God is.

Its obvious you are under satanic blindness.you don't believe in God but you will be afraid to touch a charm that you are told is evil.as charms,ritual killings,demons and other spirit guides that people trust instead of God are real, so is God.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Ruq: 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
uzoronwusa:

Its obvious you are under satanic blindness.you don't believe in God but you will be afraid to touch a charm that you are told is evil.as charms,ritual killings,demons and other spirit guides that people trust instead of God are real, so is God.

Have you ever seen a spirit?
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. I thought you said you are a free thinker but still read and believe in the Egyptian book of the dead. Wonders shall not end. People believe in some kind of entity but to believe in God becomes a problem. O boy make your head dey your neck o. No let devil use you.

Reading Egyptian book of the dead,Sumerian tablets,Ancient Mesopotamian books don't mean I worship them. I find them similar with much complete stories when compared to the Bible. Do you think I really worship the Egyptians? You must be silly to think so. You seem to be much clouded by your religion than I initially thought.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

Reading Egyptian book of the dead,Sumerian tablets,Ancient Mesopotamian books don't mean I worship them. I find them similar with much complete stories when compared to the Bible. Do you think I really worship the Egyptians? You must be silly to think so. You seem to be much clouded by your religion than I initially thought.
. You haven't answered my question. Did the book tell how Pharaoh ended up in the Red Sea? If you don't have answer, go to bed. No more mention on this topic if you don't.
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. You haven't answered my question. Did the book tell how Pharaoh ended up in the Red Sea? If you don't have answer, go to bed. No more mention on this topic if you don't.

There was no mention of Red sea,neither are there any archeological evidence. You are a man of one book,so Its difficult for someone like you to reason beyond the distorted bible. Don't ask me to go to bed,I don't do 9 to 5.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Okies27(m): 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

There was no mention of Red sea,neither are there any archeological evidence. You are a man of one book,so Its difficult for someone like you to reason beyond the distorted bible. Don't ask me to go to bed,I don't do 9 to 5.
. And no mention of the death of Pharaoh? Egyptian book of the dead indeed. There's nothing in that book you will tell me that I haven't read somewhere. Well, be looking for archaeological evidence and Red Sea and keep feeding your free thinking head with rubbish. Goodnight
Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by ifenes(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okies27:
. And no mention of the death of Pharaoh? Egyptian book of the dead indeed. There's nothing in that book you will tell me that I haven't read somewhere. Well, be looking for archaeological evidence and Red Sea and keep feeding your free thinking head with rubbish. Goodnight

Neither is anything worth reading in the bible apart from genocides, stolen Sumerian stories and the worship of the Sun(disguised as Jesus in the new testament). It has been a waste of time replying you.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by Judas2013: 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

Neither is anything worth reading in the bible apart from genocides, stolen Sumerian stories and the worship of the Sun(disguised as Jesus in the new testament). It has been a waste of time replying you.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women by mollie12: 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

The wisdom of God? Are you kidding me? Mention one wise decision made by either the God or the Koran or God of the bible? So far it has been manipulation of the bible characters used as moral guides e.g the test of Abraham to kill Isaac. So far the bible God has a bad character and is been portrayed to have made horrible decisions, including planting a negative tree in the garden of Eden( which does seem ridiculous.

Kids have got brains and intellect, they should be encouraged to use them.

You sure you've read the Bible? As in, actually read it? Because if you have, you would definitely not put up this sort of comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Arrives New Jersey For "Help From Above" (Photos) / 10 Famous Christian Martyrs / 1000 Clerics: 'God Revealed That Buhari Is The Chosen One' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.