Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data (1848 Views)

"How 3 Men Jazzed And Duped Me In Lagos Yesterday" - Lady / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Lagos CEO 'Mr Stainless' Who Duped His Ex-girlfriends & Others Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Abujabir24: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2016
Hello blessed nairalanders. I was going through posts on this forum a while back and I came across a post with a picture (at the bottom) advertising data bundles and their prices so I became interested. Suffice it to say, I do patronize SMEs vendors for 1gb at #1200, 2gb at 2300, etc. but this advert came with the prices:

4gb at #1500
8gb at #2500
12gb at 3500
16gb at 4500

That was what ignited my blood and it’s a pay after delivery service. I downloaded the picture to my phone and checked to see if there is a mobile number, bingo!!! I placed a call to the vendor/fraudster, he picks:

Vendor/fraudster: hello
Me: hi, please I want to buy a data plan of 8gb at 2500
Vendor/fraudster: ok, but its now 2000 at 8gb
Me: ok cool, how do we transact?
Vendor/fraudster: simple, I send you the plan, you send me the money/airtime, I send you the activation pin.
Me: ok, fine. Send it. Call ends

After few minutes, I saw a message from data services saying:

Dear customer, you have received 8024.0mb in your shared data bundle. Expires on 29/04/2016 17:51. Dial *131*2*4#

Immediately, I became curious and dialed the number from the last statement and it told me to enter pin. So I thought it’ll be the pin he’ll send me. I transferred him 2000 using share and sell. He called me and said I should dial *406*my number*recharge pin#. I asked him which pin and he said recharge card of 400. He asked my type of phone and I said iPhone 5, then he said the recharge pin should be #750 and that I’ll still make use of the card later on after activation. I was initially curious but became relived after his last statement. I bought the 750 card and dialed the number but it said network error even after numerous times. I called him back and told him, he asked, did I try it again? I said yes, several times. He said let him put on his laptop and check, he’ll call me. After several minutes, he called and said I should send it via text that he’ll do it on-net. I said okay, then he ends the call. I was initially skeptical but decided to give him the doubt benefit and I sent it as text. He called immediately and said I should give him 30 minutes before it works. It was already time for prayers since I’m Muslim, I went to the mosque and came back after 1 hour. I called him and he didn’t pick, I tried it several times and he didn’t respond. That was when I realized he has duped me. I sent him a text message saying “I’m sorry to have trusted you. I was supposed to apply for a job online using the subscription. But instead, you ditched me. I know you won’t pick my call again, but I would really appreciate it if u send me back the 750 so I can manage it. Thanks”. Sent it
After few seconds, I received a message from 777 reading my account has been credited with 750. He called me and said “I hope that will be okay? I said yes and thanks. He replied “you are welcome” ends call. Was I lucky?

So many fraudsters in Nigeria. And to think of it that most of these fraudsters are graduates hoping to get employed by the government someday. If one can defraud people of just #2000 airtime, What if tomorrow he becomes NCC chairman? What will he do?
God save us.
His mobile number is 08130388174. Find proofs below.
Pic 1: The advert i first saw on nairaland from a post. Can't remember the topic or the person who posted it
Pic 2: Message from data services. I think he used bulk SMS
Pic 3: Messages from his mobile number and mine
Pic 4: Messages from 777 (share nd sell) from we both.
Mods could help send this to frontpage.

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 31, 2016
This is serious ooo, I wonder how the conscience of the guy will be judging him... a lesson to learn... fraudsters on NL...
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by mrbyron(m): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2016
I once opened a thread about this guy but it was immidiately closed by the mods for some reason. The guy could be a mod. Who knows. He has changed his moniker from "Dtrackker" to "Kenzos" then to "RocDre". Always report his posts anytime you spot it. That's what's I do. He's an utter disgrace and a waste of human space.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by pet4ril(f): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2016
I just pity him
This is January and he decided to begin his year like this angry angry
He shall meet what befits him (karma) in no distant time

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Your greed got you scammed, 8gb for 2k, thief. Mtchwww

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Abujabir24: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2016
mrbyron:
I once opened a thread about this guy but it was immidiately closed by the mods for some reason. The guy could be a mod. Who knows. He has changed his moniker from "Dtrackker" to "Kenzos" then to "RocDre". Always report his posts anytime you spot it. That's what's I do. He's an utter disgrace and a waste of human space.
Are you serious? That means the probability of seeing this topic on FP is minimal. I opened this thread so others will be wary of him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Abujabir24: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Sugarhugs:
You are probably right. It might be greed. But should it warrant him to go away with my money cuz I'm greedy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2016
Abujabir24:

You are probably right. It might be greed. But should it warrant him to go away with my money cuz I'm greedy?

Yes.
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by yanabasee(m): 10:09am On Jan 31, 2016
Why see it as greed?

What's wrong with a brother trying to buy the cheapest data so far? If you know how Iphones consume data.... You'll wish to buy 10gig for N100.
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by pbs4real(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2016
Sugarhugs:
see pot calling kettle blacktongue

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Flexherbal(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2016
That is how they spoil things for good people.
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by jordyspices: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Scam be like mtn every were u go op haven't u learned not to send credit as form of payment to people u dnt knw well op guess u have learnt just remembered dat saying "fool me once shame on you fool mw twice shame on me"
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Abujabir24: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
jordyspices:
Scam be like mtn every were u go op haven't u learned not to send credit as form of payment to people u dnt knw well op guess u have learnt just remembered dat saying "fool me once shame on you fool mw twice shame on me"
Like I said earlier, I do patronize SMEs of 1gb for 1200, 2gb for 2300 but I saw this to be cheaper that was why I fell for it. Obviously, I was wrong.
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by mrnate: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
wilsondave:
This is serious ooo, I wonder how the conscience of the guy will be judging him... a lesson to learn... fraudsters on NL...
Abujabir24:
Hello blessed nairalanders. I was going through posts on this forum a while back and I came across a post with a picture (at the bottom) advertising data bundles and their prices so I became interested. Suffice it to say, I do patronize SMEs vendors for 1gb at #1200, 2gb at 2300, etc. but this advert came with the prices:

4gb at #1500
8gb at #2500
12gb at 3500
16gb at 4500

That was what ignited my blood and it’s a pay after delivery service. I downloaded the picture to my phone and checked to see if there is a mobile number, bingo!!! I placed a call to the vendor/fraudster, he picks:

Vendor/fraudster: hello
Me: hi, please I want to buy a data plan of 8gb at 2500
Vendor/fraudster: ok, but its now 2000 at 8gb
Me: ok cool, how do we transact?
Vendor/fraudster: simple, I send you the plan, you send me the money/airtime, I send you the activation pin.
Me: ok, fine. Send it. Call ends

After few minutes, I saw a message from data services saying:

Dear customer, you have received 8024.0mb in your shared data bundle. Expires on 29/04/2016 17:51. Dial *131*2*4#

Immediately, I became curious and dialed the number from the last statement and it told me to enter pin. So I thought it’ll be the pin he’ll send me. I transferred him 2000 using share and sell. He called me and said I should dial *406*my number*recharge pin#. I asked him which pin and he said recharge card of 400. He asked my type of phone and I said iPhone 5, then he said the recharge pin should be #750 and that I’ll still make use of the card later on after activation. I was initially curious but became relived after his last statement. I bought the 750 card and dialed the number but it said network error even after numerous times. I called him back and told him, he asked, did I try it again? I said yes, several times. He said let him put on his laptop and check, he’ll call me. After several minutes, he called and said I should send it via text that he’ll do it on-net. I said okay, then he ends the call. I was initially skeptical but decided to give him the doubt benefit and I sent it as text. He called immediately and said I should give him 30 minutes before it works. It was already time for prayers since I’m Muslim, I went to the mosque and came back after 1 hour. I called him and he didn’t pick, I tried it several times and he didn’t respond. That was when I realized he has duped me. I sent him a text message saying “I’m sorry to have trusted you. I was supposed to apply for a job online using the subscription. But instead, you ditched me. I know you won’t pick my call again, but I would really appreciate it if u send me back the 750 so I can manage it. Thanks”. Sent it
After few seconds, I received a message from 777 reading my account has been credited with 750. He called me and said “I hope that will be okay? I said yes and thanks. He replied “you are welcome” ends call. Was I lucky?

So many fraudsters in Nigeria. And to think of it that most of these fraudsters are graduates hoping to get employed by the government someday. If one can defraud people of just #2000 airtime, What if tomorrow he becomes NCC chairman? What will he do?
God save us.
His mobile number is 08130388174. Find proofs below.
Pic 1: The advert i first saw on nairaland from a post. Can't remember the topic or the person who posted it
Pic 2: Message from data services. I think he used bulk SMS
Pic 3: Messages from his mobile number and mine
Pic 4: Messages from 777 (share nd sell) from we both.
Mods could help send this to frontpage.

OP this should make front page pls...Will save many from falling victim. I fell for it too, today. Really painful cos i even borrowed to send him airtime. But Karma is near him,honestly. My story is very similar.
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by bulakos: 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
God!!!!!!
I was just duped by this guy today !!!
I sent him 1500 and I've not heard from him since ....
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Truthexposer123: 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
Please how do I write a post on Nairaland? I would like to expose an impersonator
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Einl(m): 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
yanabasee:
Why see it as greed?

What's wrong with a brother trying to buy the cheapest data so far? If you know how Iphones consume data.... You'll wish to buy 10gig for N100.
iPhone consume data?!?!?? try an Android...
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by yanabasee(m): 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
Einl:

iPhone consume data?!?!?? try an Android...

Point is.... He'snt greedy coz he seek for the cheapest data bundle..... Not which IOS consumes data most.....
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by labeloux(m): 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
because he see you as who like something cheap
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by Truthexposer123: 8:22am On Mar 29, 2016
Scam Alert!!!

There is one Ekeh Vivian on Facebook and @officialblondevivi on Instagram parading herself as @ClarindaBlonde claiming she also sells wigs and provide other services. She has almost all our CEO's pictures displayed on her page, I don't know how she did it but she even traced our CEO's fiance's page and took pictures of them together, all these ploy was done to make her look believable. We found out when she contacted a well known customer of ours who in turn brought our attention to the matter. Our customer was at the point of paying in money to her account before she realized that officialblondevivi is in fact a scam artist. Please DO NOT do business with this said person. Clarinda Blonde would not be held liable for your loss. Please go through the right channels for your beauty needs. Instagram only @clarindablonde, Whatsapp; 08135056100 Bbpin;5C4B009E. If you get contacted through another number, you have a 95% chance of dealing with a fraud!

Let's help report and block the thief.

Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by sodium(m): 8:42am On Mar 29, 2016
This guy should be stopped and nairaland should blacklist his number since he has duped many people. I also tried him on Saturday because I saw the advert on nairaland, after sending him N1,500 mtn card he stopped picking his call. This guy should be stopped cos his spoiling other people's biz which are genuine.
Re: How A Nairalander/fraudster Duped Me Of Airtime For Data by samjadinero(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
I have been scammed too by the guy. 08130388174. Dealt with him on Saturday. I got his contact from here... I transferred N490 airtime hoping to get 800mb. N490 in these hard times. Fam, I'm pained!
Someone should help with a wicked babalawo to help us destroy his life.

(1) (Reply)

AAU Bigboy Allegedly Poisoned By Close Friend / Ogun State Residents Experience Constant Robberies Amid Lockdown (photo&videos) / Nairaland May Cause The Next Civil War; Government Must Step In Before It's Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.