Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? (1751 Views)

I Asked Him For An Iphone8 And Look At What He Did To Me / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery / How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by chocolateme(f): 9:45am On Jan 31, 2016
About four months ago, she gave him her screen broken phone to help her repair as she doesn't know any trusted phone engineer to do it for her.
The phone in question is HTC M8. So this colleague of mine (a guy) took the phone for repair and the screen price was 23k plus, he informed her and she said its much that she would prefer selling the phone. The engineer said he will pay 55k and substract 23k for the screen and balance her the rest claimingthat naturally she is supposed to repair the screen before selling it.
She declined implying that 32k is too small for it judging the amount she bought the phone.
So the issue became for her to come and collect her phone from this guy (he said they became friends via meeting her at the office)
She kept postponing going to collect her phone frome him with no chance excuses till 4 weeks ago.
We had a security problem at the office and some of the glass doors were broken, this guy said he has to take the phone home to avoid been stolen as he has dropped the phone in a desk drawer all these while. The devil implicated him on the way home as the phone fell off from his pocket from the Maruwa he entered and that's where the main issue started.
She is demanding for 70k in payment for the lost phone and has involved her brother who is threatening him with police arrest.
He opted to buy a second handed fairly used which he already priced and its around 45k plus. heard he has been asked to pay 50k.
I am just saying personaly that she should have reduced the amount to half of what she is asking but maybe she is right though.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Cutehector(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2016
That girl is really a witch!

5 Likes

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2016
The girl just want to use the opportunity to explore the engineer. Op does she insist on having new one?? If I happens to be the engineer I will buy another one and break the screen so she can go repair it somewhere else.

8 Likes

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Flashh: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2016
So you came here to disguise it's your friend, after obligating me to pay for the phone.

I understood, you're trying so hard to avoid E-bashing.

6 Likes

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by sats: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2016
people becoming the one that needs help after trying to help others since 2000 B.C
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Atlantian: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2016
Flashh:
So you came here to disguise it's your friend, after obligating me to pay for the phone.

Get her a new phone my friend or find her old phone and give to her. That is a fair game.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Flashh: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
Get her a new phone my friend or find her old phone and give to her. That is a fair game.
OK! Like you put the money in my pocket.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Kelklein(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2016
Flashh:

I tire

the way Nairalanders create 'third person' e

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Eghosa1(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
That girl is really a witch!

shocked cry

Your comment is hilarious.

OP, seeing the above comments are you the recipient of this issue?

I think an amicable solution can be gotten.

Let the guy who misplaced the device get a fairly used device for her and let the girl be grateful for it. She was the one who stalled severally in picking the device up. A new M8 is very expensive and the screen as well.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Flashh: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
Kelklein:
I tire

the way Nairalanders create 'third person' e
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Tallesty1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is why it is difficult to get help from people when you need it.

@Op, tell the guy to buy a London used phone for her, same specs, color and all, the let him take the phone to engineers around there; they will buy the new screen from him and give a broken one.

Let the ingrate go and fix it herself.

5 Likes

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Elxandre(m): 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Well, if the guy is a vengeful guy, he could get her a new M8 and break the screen.
Problem solved! angry
The guy would be really cheated to get her a perfectly working phone.

The girl should have handled It cautiously without being ill mannered.
Money isn't everything.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by nellaluv(f): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Tell your guy-friend colleague to send her the audio of 'Let It Go' by T.D Jakes she might just change her mind lipsrsealed
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
It's a complicated issue. It's a lose lose thing for the engineer. If he gets a working used phone, he would part away with 45 plus. If he gets a new phone and breaks it's screen then he wld part away from 70k plus. Chai!!

This kinda girl na real bad luck. Hw much does the engineer makes sef?? If you ask me ehn, just look online and find the cheapest M8 for her. Aome broke niggas sell stuffs at give away prices

But be careful oo
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by ineedajobfast: 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
some ladies just get bad luck for body....

1 Like

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Sowhizy(f): 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Tallesty1:
This is why it is difficult to get help from people when you need it.

@Op, tell the guy to buy a London used phone for her, same specs, color and all, the let him take the phone to engineers around there; they will buy the new screen from him and give a broken one.

Let the ingrate go and fix it herself.

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by VocalWalls: 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Onyeoma CY... He dun enter!

I have learnt to mind my business... Let people fix their things themselves.

He should pay and learn.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Sowl(m): 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
A pitiable case of good intentions turning into a complex case of regret..... If the lady in question as any conscience whatsoever then she should calm down and lower her demands as regards the phone.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by jaybee104(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
This kind situation, e fit b say d guy sell d phone self.. This is a bullshit story. If u carry da kind expensive phone for body, e no fit lost.. Even ur spirit go protect am. Na to buy her a second hand or even 3rd hand m8 bro, but never a new one
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by idu1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Buy the fone and let karma judge her....
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by write2obi(m): 12:44am On Feb 01, 2016
How are we even sure the phone truly got lost, the engineer could be trying to play a fast one on the girl. Thinking since she has not bothered to come and collect the phone, that he could cucuma cook up a story and keep the phone to him self.
Haven said that..

I think he should pay whatever the girl ask him to pay, after that he should adopt a code of conduct that mandates owners to come for their phones within 2weeks or OYO if anything should happen to their phones.
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On Feb 01, 2016
He would learn from this and direct people the next time and not take personal interest!!!!!
NB: Not unless he had personal interest in the affairs between her legs and the fruit plucking at the top of her chest!!!
Re: She Asked Him To Pay For The Phone, Is It Ok? by Danfuster(m): 3:37am On Feb 01, 2016
That m8 phone itself is a witch, i can recall the countless time this overly slippery phone has slipped out my pocket, lost it in a maruwa once... Thank God the Keke man was nice enough to return it. Bro... Just be a man and sort the mess, you sure will make more cheese Than this but never forget this day...never ever act a fool again. Truth is, if it was the other way round, they'd beg you to forget it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Bb Lite Working Oo.. With Simple Server / Infinix Zero 5/5 Pro USB Type C / How Best Can I Clear Cache On My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.