Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

The Greatest Sin According To Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Sin According To Jesus (1159 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Then said Jesus: 'Verily all that which a man loveth, which he leaveth everything else but that, is his god. And so the fornicator hath for his image the harlot, the glutton; drunkard hath for image his own flesh, and the covetous hath for his image silver and gold, and so likewise every other sinner.'

Then said he who had invited him: 'Master, which is the greatest sin?'

Jesus answered: 'Which is the greatest ruin of a house?'

Every one was silent, when Jesus with his finger pointed to the foundation, and said: 'If the foundation give way, immediately the house falleth in ruin, in such wise that it is necessary to build it up anew: but if every other part give way it can be repaired. Even so then say I to you, that idolatry is the greatest sin, because it depriveth a man entirely of faith, and consequently of God; so that he can have no spiritual affection. But every other sin leaveth to man the hope of obtaining mercy: and therefore I say that idolatry is the greatest sin.'

All stood amazed at the speaking of Jesus, for they perceived that it could not in any wise be assailed.

Then Jesus continued: 'Remember that which God spake and which Moses and Joshua wrote in the law, and ye shall see how grave is this sin. Said God, speaking to Israel: "Thou shalt not make to thyself any image of those things which are in heaven nor of those things which are under the heaven, nor shalt thou make it of those things which are above the earth, or of those which are under the earth; nor of those which are above the water, nor of those which are under the water. For I am thy God, strong and jealous, who will take vengeance for this sin upon the fathers and upon their children even unto the fourth generation." Remember how, when our people had made the calf, and when they had worshipped it, by commandant of God Joshua and the tribe of Levi took the sword and slew of them one hundred and twenty thousand of those that did not crave mercy of God. Oh, terrible judgment of God upon the idolaters!'
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Christians of today, they are idolaters. They worship Jesus, they do make sculptures of Jesus imaginary image and worship it.

Stay away from the greatest sin..
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
The idolators never win. This is the reason so many Churches are being turned into Mosques. Satan's greatest lie was saying God has a son.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by truthman2012(m): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Then said Jesus: 'Verily all that which a man loveth, which he leaveth everything else but that, is his god. And so the fornicator hath for his image the harlot, the glutton; drunkard hath for image his own flesh, and the covetous hath for his image silver and gold, and so likewise every other sinner.'

Every one was silent, when Jesus with his finger pointed to the foundation, and said: 'If the foundation give way, immediately the house falleth in ruin, in such wise that it is necessary to build it up anew: but if every other part give way it can be repaired. Even so then say I to you, that idolatry is the greatest sin, because it depriveth a man entirely of faith, and consequently of God; so that he can have no spiritual affection. But every other sin leaveth to man the hope of obtaining mercy: and therefore I say that idolatry is the greatest sin.'

All stood amazed at the speaking of Jesus, for they perceived that it could not in any wise be assailed.

Then Jesus continued: 'Remember that which God spake and which Moses and Joshua wrote in the law, and ye shall see how grave is this sin. Said God, speaking to Israel: "Thou shalt not make to thyself any image of those things which are in heaven nor of those things which are under the heaven, nor shalt thou make it of those things which are above the earth, or of those which are under the earth; nor of those which are above the water, nor of those which are under the water. For I am thy God, strong and jealous, who will take vengeance for this sin upon the fathers and upon their children even unto the fourth generation." Remember how, when our people had made the calf, and when they had worshipped it, by commandant of God Joshua and the tribe of Levi took the sword and slew of them one hundred and twenty thousand of those that did not crave mercy of God. Oh, terrible judgment of God upon the idolaters!'

Where are you getting your junks from ?

Which Book, what chapter and verse ?

You think you could just spew out rubbish for people to believe ?
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
truthman2012:

Where are you getting your junks from ?

Which Book, what chapter and verse ?

You think you could just spew out rubbish for people to believe ?

From gospel of Barnabas
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Then said John: 'Well hast thou spoken, O master, but we lack to know how man sinned through pride.'

Jesus answered: 'When God has expelled Satan, and the angel Gabriel had purified that mass of earth whereon Satan spat, God created everything that liveth, both of the animals that fly and of them that walk and swim, and he adorned the world with all that it hath. One day Satan approached unto the gates of paradise, and, seeing the horses eating grass, he announced to them that if that mass of earth should receive a soul there would be for them grievous labour; and that therefore it would be to their advantage to trample that piece of earth in such wise that it should be no more good for anything. The horses aroused themselves and impetuously set themselves to run over that piece of earth which lay among lilies and roses.

Whereupon God gave spirit to that unclean portion of earth upon which lay the spittle of Satan, which Gabriel had taken up from the mass; and raised up the dog, who' barking filled the horses with fear, and they fled. Then God gave his soul to man, while all the holy angels sang: 'Blessed be thy holy name, O God our Lord.'

'Adam, having sprung up upon his feet, saw in the air a writing that shone like the sun, which said: "There is only one God, and Mohammed is the messenger of God." Whereupon Adam opened his mouth and said: "I thank thee, O Lord my God, that thou hast deigned to create me; but tell me. I pray thee, what meaneth the message of these words: "Mohammed is messenger of God. Have there been other men before me?"

'Then said God: "Be thou welcome, O my servant Adam. I tell thee that thou art the first man whom I have created And he whom thou hast seen [mentioned] is thy son, who shall come into the world many years hence, and shall be my messenger, for whom I have created all things; who shall give light to the world when he shall come; whose soul was set in a celestial splendour sixty thousand years before I made anything."

'Adam besought God, saying: "Lord, grant me this writing upon the nails of the fingers of my hands." Then God gave to the first man upon his thumbs that writing; upon the thumb-nail of the right hand it said: "There is only one God," and upon the thumb-nail of the left it said: "Mohammed is messenger of God." Then with fatherly affection the first man kissed those words, and rubbed his eyes, and said: "Blessed be that day when thou shalt come to the world."

'Seeing the man alone, God said: "It is not well that he should remain alone." Wherefore he made him to sleep, and took a rib from near his heart, filling the place with flesh. Of that rib made he Eve, and gave her to Adam for his wife. He set the twain of them as lords of Paradise, to whom he said: "Behold I give unto you every fruit to eat, except the apples and the corn" whereof he said: "Beware that in no wise ye eat of these fruits, for ye shall become unclean, insomuch that I shall not suffer you to remain here, but shall drive you forth, and ye shall suffer great miseries."
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by truthman2012(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
DeathStroke007:

From gospel of Barnabas

What Chapter and what verse ?

You should not post anything that is not verifiable.
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
truthman2012:

What Chapter and what verse ?

You should not post anything that is not verifiable.

http://barnabas.net/index.php/chapters/431-chapter-39adam-gets-life
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Read all verses and chapters...
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by truthman2012(m): 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
DeathStroke007:

http://barnabas.net/index.php/chapters/431-chapter-39adam-gets-life

The Book of Barnabas is not credible. Its reports did not tally with the reports of other disciples. The Bible says from the testimony of two or more people the TRUTH shall be established.
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by truthman2012(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
truthman2012:

The Book of Barnabas is not credible. Its reports did not tally with the reports of other disciples. The Bible says from the testimony of two or more people the TRUTH shall be established.

SMH
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by truthman2012(m): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
DeathStroke007:

SMH

You like deception rather than truth.

If you go through the links, especially the first one, you will discover the book you are quoting is the handiwork of muslims to deceive the world.

Even the wordings and intonations are different from the other Gospels. They follow the way the muslims express statements.

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
truthman2012:

You like deception rather than truth.

If you go through the links, especially the first one, you will discover the book you are quoting is the handiwork of muslims to deceive the world.

Even the wordings and intonations are different from the other Gospels. They follow the way the muslims express statements.

All I have for you is pity... Follow your stupid Bible thats full of errors and insults on our creator.. Refuse gospel of Barnabas that shows every single truth... When you die, you would wish you were a Muslim
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by Richirich713: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2016
DeathStroke007:

What about these verses from the Gospel of Barnabas :

1) "Jesus confessed and said the truth, "I am not the Messiah".

"Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary"

2) "The virgin was surrounded by a light exceeding bright, and brought forth her son without pain"

"And she withdrew with him to a far place. And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm tree".

3) "Verily I say unto thee that the heavens are nine, among which are set the planets, that are distant one from another five hundred years journey for a man"

"The seven heavens and the earth praise Him"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by Amberon: 10:10am On Feb 01, 2016
Abeg shut up! Jesus Christ is alive and this means that all Christians who are christ-like are guaranteed eternal life. Unlike your dead pedophile. Why did your Quran say Jesus is coming back? why is Mohammed not coming back? is he too busy burning in hell??

Jesus Christ said "because I live, you shall live also".

Now the book of Barnabas isn't accepted in Christianity. The bible has "only" 66 books. Any other book is as worthless as a newspaper.
DeathStroke007:

All I have for you is pity... Follow your stupid Bible thats full of errors and insults on our creator.. Refuse gospel of Barnabas that shows every single truth... When you die, you would wish you were a Muslim

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by truthman2012(m): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2016
DeathStroke007:

It is you I am having pity because allahh said muslims will have a stopover in hell before some of you will be removed (Qur'an 3:185, 19:68-72 Pickthal). It is only the Devil that can promise his followers hellfire, the true God cannot.
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
truthman2012:

It is you I am having pity because allahh said muslims will have a stopover in hell before some of you will be removed (Qur'an 3:185, 19:68-72 Pickthal). It is only the Devil that can promise his followers hellfire, the true God cannot.

Laughing.. I won't argue with you because you never listen to correction nor you listen to learn
Re: The Greatest Sin According To Jesus by DeathStroke007(m): 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Amberon:
Abeg shut up! Jesus Christ is alive and this means that all Christians who are christ-like are guaranteed eternal life. Unlike your dead pedophile. Why did your Quran say Jesus is coming back? why is Mohammed not coming back? is he too busy burning in hell??

Jesus Christ said "because I live, you shall live also".

Now the book of Barnabas isn't accepted in Christianity. The bible has "only" 66 books. Any other book is as worthless as a newspaper.

Laughing... Did i say Jesus is dead? It's your stupid Bible that announced him dead and that same Bible said he was risen up to God.. Contradictory ish

Mohammed isn't pedophile.. That issue is long solved..

Jesus is coming back to kill anti Christ, to burn all crosses, to kill all pigs and some other work.

Prophet Muhammad isn't coming back because that's creator will..

For your information . Jesus wasn't a Christian, he never go church nor read Bible nor believe in Trinity.... He never knew he's been called Jesus xef.. He only bears the name Eaosha Maskeena...

I see you are so ignorant and lost.. Besides you hate what you don't know.. That's why I took my precious time to answer you.

Salam alaykum waramahtullahi wabarakatuhu

(1) (Reply)

This Pastor Claims He Went To Heaven And Took Pics To Prove It / Why Is God Fighting His Own Child? / Prophet T.B Joshua Makes Shocking Revelation, Says Nelson Mandela Is In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.