Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In (2511 Views)

Download Dj Khaled - Down For Life Ft. Future, Travis Scott, Rick Ross, Kodak / Download DJ Khaled - Whatever Ft. Future, Young Thug, Rick Ross & 2 Chainz / FULL ALBUM: Rick Ross – Rather You Than Me (zip/mp3) Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
This thread is for lovers and fans of the Miami Rapper, William “Rick Ross” Roberts II.

I want us to come in and share some of the dοpe tunes you really appreciate from the boss himself.

I became a fan when I heard his first album, way back 2006 "Port Of Miami". And his single “Hustling” was the shii back then. Then it was the hustlers anthemn.

He has about 8 albums and some dope mixtapes

Port of miami, Trilla, Deeper Than rap, Teflon don, God forgives I don't, Mastermind, Hood Billionaire and the Latest Black Market [Dope shii]

Some of his mixtapes are Albert anastasia, rich Forever, ashes to ashes, black bar mitzvah and black market

He has a group albums with his MMG crew called Self Made Series

Now lemme break it down ⬇

These are some of his dope tunes that got me sleeping in clouds... Join me fam.. Nihilist.. Join me

Usual Suspects feat Nas & Kevin Cossum

Billionaire

One of us feat Nas

Rich Forever feat John Legend

Maybach Music 1,2,3,4

Mafia Music 2 feat Chrisette Mitchelle

Foreclosure

Sorry feat Chris Brown

Wanna Bleep feat August Alsina

Kanye West feat Rick Ross - Devil In New Dress

Family Ties

Wuzzup

BMF

Mc hammer

I'm not Star

I Wonder Why

Triple Beam Dreams feat Nas

Nas feat Ross - Accidental Murderers

Boss

This is the life feat Trey Songz

Etc.....
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
The thing about Rick Ross is that you know most of the shitt he says is a lie anyway, but got damn if he doesn't get you hyped.

I listen Rick Ross before any major presentation or before any football game. I listen to him on the treadmill and I listen to him in my car.

The guy will just get you feeling like you are a druglord, dapper don Scarface/John Gotti hybrid plotting your next big scheme, even if you're really just on a supermarket aisle trying to decide what brand of bread to buy.

He does Audio Action Movies to bombastic beats and fantastic production.

My favourite ever tunes from his extensive catalog are

Triple Beam Dreams wt Nas
The entire Maybach Music Series
In Vein wt the Weekend
Where my Money(I need cash)
I'm a boss.
Hustlin
BMF
Crocodile Python(new)
Pirates

Infact almost all his songs.

Port of Miami, Teflon Don and Mastermind especially were just 'Press Play' albums
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mafia music 3 especially with Sizla Kalonji.

Mehn Officer Ricky sabi book
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nihilist:
Mafia music 3 especially with Sizla Kalonji.

Mehn Officer Ricky sabi book
Baba dah ghuy sabi pick beats die...

If you wan live flossy life... Rozay is there to give u a clue to it...

His latest mixtape black dollar is the shii

Come see productions naaa... He stepped his flows overboard.. Like when he said "I'll assassinate Trump like Zimmerman" Lwkmd that day.. .

I bounce to his raps when I'm driving, mehn.. . He beats 50 cent hands down when it comes to beats and finesse
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by tammyboy1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Fav tracks, mc hammer, bill gates,sorry ft christ brown, she wanna f*ck ft august alsina, so sophisticated, etc so long mehn, ah love the full black dollar album
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
tammyboy1:
Fav tracks, mc hammer, bill gates,sorry ft christ brown, she wanna f*ck ft august alsina, so sophisticated, etc so long mehn, ah love the full black dollar album
Black dollar too make sense jarreeeee.... especially that she wanna fvck
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by WPBandit(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
I'ma big fan of Rick Ross confidence. Homeboy continuously got better. His new album is pretty decent.

http://www.theratingsgame.net/2015/12/rick-ross-black-market.html

Surprisingly, I think he even got better!
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
i bleeps with Teflon don, God forgives I don't, Hood Billionaire.. I haven't had enough time to mess enough with Latest Black Market but Bleep, it's Ricky
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by WPBandit(m): 3:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Teflon Don is one of the top hip hop albums of all time to me. It's that good!
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by StefanSalvatore: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
No games ft future

Dope sh!t

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
WPBandit:
I'ma big fan of Rick Ross confidence. Homeboy continuously got better. His new album is pretty decent.

http://www.theratingsgame.net/2015/12/rick-ross-black-market.html

Surprisingly, I think he even got better!
Brov, black market is dope .. he went ham on em tracks ... foreclosure, dead rappers and sorry was the shii ... black dollar was dope too ... songs like icon feat Anthony Hamilton, Geechi leeberace etc were ALL dope. I think rozay been steping up instead of declining unlike some mcs. he recently signed to Epic Records. hes left def jam after 10 years, 8 fvcking albums
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
WPBandit:
iSwear brov... some peeps been sleeping on that album
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Cvesta(m): 12:45am On Feb 03, 2016
He won me over with the Real Criminal way back...
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
WPBandit:

Edit: one of the top COMMERCIAL hip hop albums of all time.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
RSAMAN:

Edit: one of the top COMMERCIAL hip hop albums of all time.
Why say commercial
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
JayKayMaybachz:
Why say commercial

Because his music is watered down and is meant to appeal to the masses than the true hardcore rap fan. All rap aritsts that you hear their music driven by a constant base line instead of lyricism are commercial. Almost all rap artists you see on tv and hear on radio are commercial.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
RSAMAN:

Because his music is watered down and is meant to appeal to the masses than the true hardcore rap fan. All rap aritsts that you hear their music driven by a constant base line instead of lyricism are commercial. Almost all rap artists you see on tv and hear on radio are commercial.
✔ True
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2016
RSAMAN:

I think this is rubbish though...

For example, How is some one like Common or Jay Electronica's content that much different to K. and Jcole?

How is Immortal Techniques content and style that much different to Eminem?

Is Nas Commercial or Non-Commercial?

The so called non-commercial rappers are those who make content that nobody wants to listen to....not because they are making any so called music for purists.

Otherwise Vic-0 and Idris Abdulkareem can claim to be non-commercial rappers...

2 Likes

Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nihilist:

I think this is rubbish though...

For example, How is some one like Common or Jay Electronica's content that much different to K. and Jcole?

How is Immortal Techniques content and style that much different to Eminem?

Is Nas Commercial or Non-Commercial?

The so called non-commercial rappers are those who make content that nobody wants to listen to....not because they are making any so called music for purists.

Otherwise Vic-0 and Idris Abdulkareem can claim to be non-commercial rappers...

Man Honestly I don't know who Jay Electronica or K. Is. But really, Common is more lyrically skilled than Jcole is(I haven't heard much of his work but what I've heard is enough to make such conclusion). Common's work has more substance, take for example his album "BE". That album will still sound fresh in next 30 years or so. There is this song by Jcole;I'm sorry I don't know the name of the song(and I couldn't care) even though it was played to death on tv and perhaps the radio too(sorry I don't listen to radio)I don't know what the name of the song is; but the song was featured him seeming to making a prayer to God and kept looking up in the sky in video, I don't know if this can help identify the song but he keeps saying "yeah yeah yeah" in the song. Everytime that song was on tv my nephew(6 year old) would sing-along so loud and with joy to that song; I don't know when the song was released but it featured on tv a lot last year; yeah I didn't have anything against the song, the lyrics were conscious and yeah the message was good, but the song it didn't seem to hold any substance for me, just wasn't my kind of thing. After the song was played out on tv then the channel stopped playing the song for like 6months and when they got to play it again for the first time after so long and when I saw it was on tv I yelled out to my nephew "hey your song is on tv", even though I yelled with so much enthusiasm my nephew wasn't so keen about the song, he just didn't feel it anymore, it was played out on tv for him to like it anymore. Five years from now I suppose either nobody will ever remember that song anymore or nobody that who loved that song before will ever want to hear it again or care. But with Common as I've said before, just whip out his album "BE" after 30 years from now and you will remember how great rap was back then, It will still sound fresh. If you like Jcole I have nothing against you man. I'm just saying Common's music has more substance and his lyrical ability is way above jCole's.

Immortal Technique always made music the way he wanted it. Eminem is a legend, probably Immortal Technique will never release an album as great as Marshal Mathers or slim shady lp but have you listened to eminem lately? Isn't he working his ass off to appeal to masses? Isn't he making pop songs featuring rihanna? And Has the guts to name the album mmlp2 with rihanna on the album? Maybe the album is great itself, I haven't heard it, just the rihanna collabo was a turn off, perhaps someday I may listen to the album, but not until I can get it for 3dollars. Just what I've heard from it wasn't that great, the likes of Rap God, Legacy and the song with rihanna, its just not the eminem I know.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
RSAMAN:

Man Honestly I don't know who Jay Electronica or K. Is. But really, Common is more lyrically skilled than Jcole is(I haven't heard much of his work but what I've heard is enough to make such conclusion). Common's work has more substance, take for example his album "BE". That album will still sound fresh in next 30 years or so. There is this song by Jcole;I'm sorry I don't know the name of the song(and I couldn't care) even though it was played to death on tv and perhaps the radio too(sorry I don't listen to radio)I don't know what the name of the song is; but the song was featured him seeming to making a prayer to God and kept looking up in the sky in video, I don't know if this can help identify the song but he keeps saying "yeah yeah yeah" in the song. Everytime that song was on tv my nephew(6 year old) would sing-along so loud and with joy to that song; I don't know when the song was released but it featured on tv a lot last year; yeah I didn't have anything against the song, the lyrics were conscious and yeah the message was good, but the song it didn't seem to hold any substance for me, just wasn't my kind of thing. After the song was played out on tv then the channel stopped playing the song for like 6months and when they got to play it again for the first time after so long and when I saw it was on tv I yelled out to my nephew "hey your song is on tv", even though I yelled with so much enthusiasm my nephew wasn't so keen about the song, he just didn't feel it anymore, it was played out on tv for him to like it anymore. Five years from now I suppose either nobody will ever remember that song anymore or nobody that who loved that song before will ever want to hear it again or care. But with Common as I've said before, just whip out his album "BE" after 30 years from now and you will remember how great rap was back then, It will still sound fresh. If you like Jcole I have nothing against you man. I'm just saying Common's music has more substance and his lyrical ability is way above jCole's.

Immortal Technique always made music the way he wanted it. Eminem is a legend, probably Immortal Technique will never release an album as great as Marshal Mathers or slim shady lp but have you listened to eminem lately? Isn't he working his ass off to appeal to masses? Isn't he making pop songs featuring rihanna? And Has the guts to name the album mmlp2 with rihanna on the album? Maybe the album is great itself, I haven't heard it, just the rihanna collabo was a turn off, perhaps someday I may listen to the album, but not until I can get it for 3dollars. Just what I've heard from it wasn't that great, the likes of Rap God, Legacy and the song with rihanna, its just not the eminem I know.

To be honest, It's kinda difficult to get into this discussion if you don't know the artists I mentioned, or haven't listened to the back catalogs of the artistes i mentioned that you do know...

Let's just leave the convo here...
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 10:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nihilist:

Man this statement is just ridiculous. Ok maybe fans want to listen to Jcole but who are those fans exactly? I've already mentioned my 6y.o nephew. Then we have you as well as jcole's fan and who's the rest, you will be surprised to find out if you didn't know
. Ok it gets me when you say nobody wants to listen to the likes of Pharoahe Monch. You don't know much, do your research, you have amazon, you have youtube, great way to start researching from those sites and you'll come to know the type of fan.

Man I don't have a problem if you make a thread about rick ross and I was not gonna respond but this is a free forum and I can read through the thread if I want to and I will come across such statements as "Teflon Don" is one of greatest rap albums of all time. If commercial rap I would agree but rap as a whole there is a lot of great albums and teflon don will never feature even in the top 200. Sorry but it wouldn't. But if like rick ross man then its choice. But anyway man have you have you heard Raekwon's Only built 4cuban linx pt 2. If not you ought to, I can recommend an album "Only built 4 cuban linx pt ii"released in 2009 by Raekwon; it tells the stories of pushing coke and the likes. The album is a banger and every song can stand on it's own as a single for that album. Tell me how teflon don fairs against it?
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nihilist:

To be honest, It's kinda difficult to get into this discussion if you don't know the artists I mentioned, or haven't listened to the back catalogs of the artistes i mentioned that you do know...

Let's just leave the convo here...

Now we are leaving the convo because I admitted to not knowing two artists you mentioned. You are the one who seems to be running for the hills man and want to appear as if you are in the know before you can get exposed. U seem to have wanted a way out of the convo the minute the facts stared u in the face. The excuse you used for backing out was lame. You could have debated the facts I mentioned and I gave paragraphs and paragraphs of facts which you could have debated but were so heavy for you, probably because you didn't know half the stuff I told you about and before getting exposed you thought "oh let me do the running away, the dude is winning; plus I got a loop hole; he admitted to not knowing two artists, let me use this loop hole before I get exposed I'm the one who hasn't got a clue about half the stuff he's talking about, ". I've debated with lots of guys who don't even know the half the artists I tell them about and I've never once left the convo because of that. The artists you mentioned are probably not even that great, that's what your act for running for the hills tells me. You've lost the battle by a mile. You may run along now.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
RSAMAN:

Man this statement is just ridiculous. Ok maybe fans want to listen to Jcole but who are those fans exactly? I've already mentioned my 6y.o nephew. Then we have you as well as jcole's fan and who's the rest, you will be surprised to find out if you didn't know
. Ok it gets me when you say nobody wants to listen to the likes of Pharoahe Monch. You don't know much, do your research, you have amazon, you have youtube, great way to start researching from those sites and you'll come to know the type of fan.

Man I don't have a problem if you make a thread about rick ross and I was not gonna respond but this is a free forum and I can read through the thread if I want to and I will come across such statements as "Teflon Don" is one of greatest rap albums of all time. If commercial rap I would agree but rap as a whole there is a lot of great albums and teflon don will never feature even in the top 200. Sorry but it wouldn't. But if like rick ross man then its choice. But anyway man have you have you heard Raekwon's Only built 4cuban linx pt 2. If not you ought to, I can recommend an album "Only built 4 cuban linx pt ii"released in 2009 by Raekwon; it tells the stories of pushing coke and the likes. The album is a banger and every song can stand on it's own as a single for that album. Tell me how teflon don fairs against it?

Dude, like I said let's live it.

Music is a matter of subjective tastes anyway.

I can't go into this discussion with you because you're really not grounded in hiphop, and won't be able to discuss the reference points because as you admit, you either don't know or haven't listened to these guys anyway.

If you don't know who K dot is, what discussion are we even having?

Let's just leave it there. Good night.

P.s Monch had a hugely commercial hit with 'Simon Says' and featured on Linkin Park's multi-platinum selling album....kinda blurs the line between commercial and non-commercial don't you think?

Well goodnight
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 11:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nihilist:

Dude, like I said let's live it.

Music is a matter of subjective tastes anyway.

I can't go into this discussion with you because you're really not grounded in hiphop, and won't be able to discuss the reference points because as you admit, you either don't know or haven't listened to these guys anyway.

If you don't know who K dot is, what discussion are we even having?

Let's just leave it there. Good night.

P.s Monch had a hugely commercial hit with 'Simon Says' and featured on Linkin Park's multi-platinum selling album....kinda blurs the line between commercial and non-commercial don't you think?

Well goodnight

Run along.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2016
I've googled the name k dot. And by k. You mean kendrick lamar? Dude you're not serious, this is your new low. I'm just not into the guy and couldn't care what name he went by. Not that he's bad. I'm just not into him. Doesn't matter what name he once went by. I used to hear about this guy in the old days, people saying "kendrick lamar, kendrick lamar" and decided to check him out but wasn't exactly as impressed. Wouldn't leave "blackalicious" for k. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 8:54am On Feb 05, 2016
RSAMAN:
I've googled the name k dot. And by k. You mean kendrick lamar? Dude you're not serious, this is your new low. I'm just not into the guy and couldn't care what name he went by. Not that he's bad. I'm just not into him. Doesn't matter what name he once went by. I used to hear about this guy in the old days, people saying "kendrick lamar, kendrick lamar" and decided to check him out but wasn't exactly as impressed. Wouldn't leave "blackalicious" for k. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Why are you being so aggressive?

Are you salty because I refused to debate this matter with you? cheesy

You raised an interesting question with your initial post, but then interesting questions don't always need to be answered.

How can we have a wider discussion on this issue if we can't examine the bodies of work of several contemporary artistes, artistes who unfortunately, you are not familiar with?

You haven't listened to J.Cole but you've already decided Common is better.

You haven't really listened to Eminem but decided he makes 'commercial' music, without even defining what commercial music means...

You're 'not into' Kendrick Lamar...

In the end, the only thing we would discussing is your opinion, which is formed from a clearly limited knowledge of hip hop, and hip hop artistes.

You're entitled to your opinion of course...but that doesn't mean I have to respect it, or discuss it.

Last response.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Why are you being so aggressive?

Are you salty because I refused to debate this matter with you? cheesy

You raised an interesting question with your initial post, but then interesting questions don't always need to be answered.

How can we have a wider discussion on this issue if we can't examine the bodies of work of several contemporary artistes, artistes who unfortunately, you are not familiar with?

You haven't listened to J.Cole but you've already decided Common is better.

You haven't really listened to Eminem but decided he makes 'commercial' music, without even defining what commercial music means...

You're 'not into' Kendrick Lamar...

In the end, the only thing we would discussing is your opinion, which is formed from a clearly limited knowledge of hip hop, and hip hop artistes.

You're entitled to your opinion of course...but that doesn't mean I have to respect it, or discuss it.

Last response.

I haven't listened to eminem? says who? Dude I have listened to every eminem album except mmlp2. And I don't intend to listen to it any time soon. Dude I've heard enough jcole to know he doesn't hold a candle to common. I'm not obliged to torture myself with his albums when I know I'm not gonna like them or I might as well listen to fetty wap and lil wayne. Yeah I'm not into kendrick lamar, like I said I wouldn't give up blackalicious' blazing arrow for kendrick's section.80. As for saying I have a Limited knowledge of hip hop artists. Check yourself.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Owobobrown(m): 9:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Love mafia music 1, yella diamond, rich forever,Mc hammer,hustling, dice pineapple,Port of Miami ft Lil Wayne, cross the line ft akon, in fact all his album was a hit except hood billionaire

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
RSAMAN:

I haven't listened to eminem? says who? Dude I have listened to every eminem album except mmlp2. And I don't intend to listen to it any time soon. Dude I've heard enough jcole to know he doesn't hold a candle to common. I'm not obliged to torture myself with his albums when I know I'm not gonna like them or I might as well listen to fetty wap and lil wayne. Yeah I'm not into kendrick lamar, like I said I wouldn't give up blackalicious' blazing arrow for kendrick's section.80. As for saying I have a Limited knowledge of hip hop artists. Check yourself.

Again, it's your opinion that Common is better than J.Cole. No Problem.

But we simply cannot have that conversation about commercial rap vs non-commercial because you're simply too poorly educated in hiphop matters to understand what I'm even talking about.

Notice that my first response to you was focused on comparing and contrasting the content of some of the so-called commercial rappers vs non-commercial rappers. Being ignorant of these rappers and their work, you tried to change the discussion to one about preference...a discussion I am simply not interested in...

I mentioned JCole because he dropped 'Forest Hill Drive' 2 years ago...It had no radio singles and not a single featured artist on any of it's tracks.It had very little marketing and only dropped 3 weeks after it was announced....Yet it went Platinum. The first hiphop album without features to go platinum in 25 years in fact.

I mentioned Kendrick Lamar particularly for his latest Album 'To Pimpp A Butterfly'...another album with virtually no radio friendly songs, experimental tones, etc....yet it went Platinum

If you were familiar with any of these guys, We would be able to confidently hold a discussion on how these Albums with seemingly 'non-commercial' content performed very strongly in commercial terms...and how the difference between commercial vs non-commercial rap is very blurred

But you cant discuss things you don't actually know...which explains why in a discussion about the commerce of rap, you are instead discussing who is the better rapper... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by RSAMAN(m): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Again, it's your opinion that Common is better than J.Cole. No Problem.

But we simply cannot have that conversation about commercial rap vs non-commercial because you're simply too poorly educated in hiphop matters to understand what I'm even talking about.

Notice that my first response to you was focused on comparing and contrasting the content of some of the so-called commercial rappers vs non-commercial rappers. Being ignorant of these rappers and their work, you tried to change the discussion to one about preference...a discussion I am simply not interested in...

I mentioned JCole because he dropped 'Forest Hill Drive' 2 years ago...It had no radio singles and not a single featured artist on any of it's tracks.It had very little marketing and only dropped 3 weeks after it was announced....Yet it went Platinum. The first hiphop album without features to go platinum in 25 years in fact.

I mentioned Kendrick Lamar particularly for his latest Album 'To Pimpp A Butterfly'...another album with virtually no radio friendly songs, experimental tones, etc....yet it went Platinum

If you were familiar with any of these guys, We would be able to confidently hold a discussion on how these Albums with seemingly 'non-commercial' content performed very strongly in commercial terms...and how the difference between commercial vs non-commercial rap is very blurred

But you cant discuss things you don't actually know...which explains why in a discussion about the commerce of rap, you are instead discussing who is the better rapper... cheesy

I will see if I can give Forest Hill drive a try. Dude's songs are flooding radio and tv and I have little to no interest in them at all as they are sub-par compared to, say maybe, Common. I don't see how a whole album will make any difference. As to your claim that I have limited knowledge about rap artists, do you want me to list all the rap artists I've listened to, will that do you any justice?
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by WPBandit(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
No One is wrong when you think about what makes a song commercial or not. It's all subjective. A song can be "noncommercial", but still reach the masses. When I mentioned one of the "Top Rap Albums of all time", I meant in terms of every aspect including the production, it's innovation, it's appeal, its subject matter, it's energy, it's everything. It's the whole body of work! You gotta look at every aspect of an album, not just one if you want to be considered one of the top albums. Rick Ross is one of the few artists that actually accommodates all those descriptions on Teflon Don.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
WPBandit:
No One is wrong when you think about what makes a song commercial or not. It's all subjective. A song can be "noncommercial", but still reach the masses. When I mentioned one of the "Top Rap Albums of all time", I meant in terms of every aspect including "the production, it's innovation, it's appeal, its subject matter, it's energy, it's everything. It's the whole body of work! You gotta look at every aspect of an album, not just one if you want to be considered the one of the top. Rick Ross is one of the few artists that actually accommodates all those descriptions on Teflon Don.

I told some folks that if twas eminem that made teflon don or even drake, it wouldve gone triple platinum

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Video : May D - Gat Me High / Download Lerome – Confuse Ft. Lyta MP3 / Rybeena Ft Diamond Jimma – Ayomide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.