Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In (2383 Views)

Download Dj Khaled - Down For Life Ft. Future, Travis Scott, Rick Ross, Kodak / Download DJ Khaled - Whatever Ft. Future, Young Thug, Rick Ross & 2 Chainz / FULL ALBUM: Rick Ross – Rather You Than Me (zip/mp3) Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by WPBandit(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
I love this debate on Kendrick Lamar vs. Common, vs. J. Cole, Vs. Eminem!

What makes a good RAPPER is usually about 4-5 things: Lyrics, Content, Flow, Delivery, Presence.

What makes a good RAP ARTIST usually is: Lyrics, Content, Versatility, and MOST IMPORTANTLY creativity.

Common is a good rapper, and in my opinion is better lyrically/flow-wise/delivery than Cole, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem. I've heard all their albums multiple times....I'm very knowledgeable of them all.

However,

At this time, Common is not a better rap artist than Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Eminem etc., as they are extremely creative in their subject matters and versatility. Kendrick and Cole can jump on any type of song.....Ratchet, soulful, kiddy, dabbing, intellectual, commercial etc. Common is not as versatile. That doesn't mean Common sucks, it just means he's not that type of rapper. He stays in his lane. As a listener, it's fine if your favorite artist stays in your lane when it comes to music, cause in the end of the day, it's what you like. But understand that someone that taps into several different lanes, and still keeps some of those important elements that make a good rapper such as lyrics, flow, content will be appreciated more.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by WPBandit(m): 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2016

What makes a good RAPPER is usually about 4-5 things: Lyrics, Content, Flow, Delivery, Presence.

What makes a good RAP ARTIST usually is: Lyrics, Content, Versatility, and MOST IMPORTANTLY creativity.
Common is a good rapper, and in my opinion is better lyrically/flow-wise/delivery than Cole, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem. I've heard all their albums multiple times....I'm very knowledgeable of them all.

However,

At this time, Common is not a better rap artist than Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Eminem etc., as they are extremely creative in their subject matters and versatility. Kendrick and Cole can jump on any type of song.....Ratchet, soulful, kiddy, dabbing, intellectual, commercial etc. Common is not as versatile. That doesn't mean Common sucks, it just means he's not that type of rapper. He stays in his lane. As a listener, it's fine if your favorite artist stays in your lane when it comes to music, cause in the end of the day, it's what you like. But understand that someone that taps into several different lanes, and still keeps some of those important elements that make a good rapper such as lyrics, flow, content will be appreciated more.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
WPBandit:
No One is wrong when you think about what makes a song commercial or not. It's all subjective. A song can be "noncommercial", but still reach the masses. When I mentioned one of the "Top Rap Albums of all time", I meant in terms of every aspect including the production, it's innovation, it's appeal, its subject matter, it's energy, it's everything. It's the whole body of work! You gotta look at every aspect of an album, not just one if you want to be considered one of the top albums. Rick Ross is one of the few artists that actually accommodates all those descriptions on Teflon Don.

+1
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Nihilist: 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
WPBandit:

However,

Common is more famous for his subject matter than anything else

Appeal is subjective, technique and skill are less so...

Common cannot hold a candle to any of these guys in terms of technique, flow or rhyme scheme

Common to Eminem and Kendrick...Are you kidding me? cheesy
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by yeanka007: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2016
JayKayMaybachz:

I bounce to his raps when I'm driving, mehn.. . He beats 50 cent hands down when it comes to beats and finesse

I disagree, 50 cent does it for me any day. Am a cool guy I love Rnb and Jazz music alot but if I want to wake the animal in me then I switch to rap music. 50 cent does it when it comes to rap music.
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by yeanka007: 12:21am On Feb 06, 2016
RSAMAN:

Because his music is watered down and is meant to appeal to the masses than the true hardcore rap fan. All rap aritsts that you hear their music driven by a constant base line instead of lyricism are commercial. Almost all rap artists you see on tv and hear on radio are commercial.

What of 50 cent?
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
yeanka007:

I disagree, 50 cent does it for me any day. Am a cool guy I love Rnb and Jazz music alot but if I want to wake the animal in me then I switch to rap music. 50 cent does it when it comes to rap music.
Your choice bro... Ask around brah ... When it comes extravagant and lavished beats, Rozay thumbs 50 Cent. Am also Ctis fan but when it comes to this aspect Rozay stands tall. If you want to see him go HAM on any track, give him some melodic beats from J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, Just Blaze and Don Canon, Et al.. He's good on 'em traps bt not like Melodic beats.. listen to Mafia Music, Oil money gang, Maybach Music and rich forever
Re: Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In by Owobobrown(m): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
yeanka007:

I think the guy is talking about their beef, Ricky smoke fifty during their brawl ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ur 2009 Hottest Naija Songs. / 2face I'm Feeling Good Ft D'banj / New Song: Duncan Mighty Ft Shaggy - Wine It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.