Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It (1440 Views)

Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls / What Phone Can Do Everything A Samsung Galaxy Does And Is Much More Affordable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by nze4al(m): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ever wondered what the HDR settings does on your smartphone camera?

You might have noticed the three letters “HDR” on your smartphone’s camera app /camera settings when you’re lining up a picture, and you might wonder whether to keep it on or off.

It’s generally better to keep it on, and here’s why:

HDR stands for “High Dynamic Range,” and it helps make your pictures look better by making your smartphone take three pictures instead of just one. Each of the three pictures are taken with different levels of brightness (exposure).

Your smartphone’s camera app then essentially mixes parts from the three pictures to create a single picture with the best balance of dark and light.

You won’t see the three pictures with varying exposures in your phone’s photo gallery, but one will be taken with high exposure.

Below are some of pictures I took with on the left HDR off while on the right HDR on:

NoteNote: It doesn’t work with every situation

If your phone has an auto-HDR feature, you might not need to worry about the following situations. But it’s good to know as the auto-HDR features in many smartphone aren’t perfect.

HDR works best for dimly-lit environments without using flash (often indoors), close-up shots, most landscapes, and most portraits.

But if you want to keep stark contrasts like a silhouette against a bright window, or vivid colors, you’re better off turning HDR off.

It’s also not ideal if you or your subject is moving because your phone is taking three pictures instead of one, and you end up with some blurring.

More @ https://techmzy./2016/01/31/heres-what-the-hdr-photo-setting-really-does-and-why-you-should-use-it/

Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by nze4al(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
More

Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by Habayomie(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Infomative
Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by adefemi007(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
cool
Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Thanks for the info op! Have been seeing it on my iphone 5s been wondering wat the function was! My HDR is now permanently ON! Lol
Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by Electronzeez(m): 1:44am On Feb 01, 2016
Good one op , I also enjoyed the best photo and the panorama mode on my phone .

The best photo mode is a practical application of how video is seen .several image frame are been played in a particular sequence , this so much fool the eyes and it see it as a moving object .

1 Like

Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by Ezerbullet(m): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nice piece. It's been practically useless on my phone
Re: Photos: Here’s What The HDR Photo Setting Really Does And Why You Should Use It by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
Cool....... I don know am b4

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Issue With Popups And Ads / Omg!!! See Specs And Price Of This Gionee S6 Smartphone With 4gb Ram / Oukitel U7 Plus 4G LTE @31k {SOLD}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.