Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country (2368 Views)

5 Reasons Why Every School In Nigeria Needs To Build A Website, GET ONE NOW! / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. / Nigeria To Teach Maths, Science Subjects In Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Other Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Marapolsa(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
The Federal government has declared French language as compulsory in every school in the country, from nursery to university.

This is aimed at an effort to make French the second official language in Nigeria.

Minister state for Education, Prof. Anthony Anwukah made this known yesterday while receiving French Ambassador to Nigeria, Denys Gaver, who paid him a courtesy call.

French language is a matter of necessity. We have to because we have Cameroon, Niger, Chad, Benin Republic, Togo Guinea, and Ivory Coast surrounding us and so there is need for us to get more Nigerians to become proficient in French language.

“This is good for the continent; it is good for us as a nation. It is good for our brothers at the borders because it will enable us to communicate with them effectively.

LINK >>> https://marapolsa.com/fg-makes-the-following-subjects-compulsory-in-every-school-in-the-country/
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by BrosPeter: 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Stupid, instead why not Chinese.
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by temblor(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
BrosPeter:
Stupid, instead why not Chinese.
Or Arabic? shocked

2 Likes

Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Sunnymatey(m): 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Or Portuguese? E be like say dis english too hard for baba o?

1 Like

Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Idydarling(f): 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
or swahili

1 Like

Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Mario1989(m): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Or hausa
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by dejonathan(f): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ok...Like If U Tink It's The Best For Dis Country And Share If Not
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by kolomax(m): 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Back to dust my certificate
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mtcheeewww
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by ChinoJeff: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Buhari ds is nt part of your campaign promises.
"Change" is what we need now not "French".
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Pamelayoung: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice one there.
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by zeezy1: 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
I don't know the reason, but my intuition tells me that this is a good development

3 Likes

Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Damfostopper(m): 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Every language was a hit back to back.... From English to pidgin.... Yet e never do us..... francais take ti over..... Leave French to France
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by VocalWalls: 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
So because he had a visitor from France, he made the law?

We should have a visitor from Iran too.
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Daraph(m): 11:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why not either Yoruba,Hausa or Ibo Why do Nigerian cherish foreign language than theirs? WTF

1 Like

Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Tallesty1(m): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
ChinoJeff:
Buhari ds is nt part of your campaign promises.
"Change" is what we need now not "French".
Change of official language nah.

All join
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Donald3d(m): 2:33am On Feb 01, 2016
Que cherchent-ils à faire .i hope i got that right it means "what are they trying to do " i no know french oo,i use goggle do expo !!! *winks* its a nice development.
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 01, 2016
A widely spoken indigenous language would have been more appropriate. Now you have two colonial languages.
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by wins18(m): 8:29am On Feb 01, 2016
cry So sad, why now that I am out of school?
Re: FG Makes The Following Subjects Compulsory In Every School In The Country by IamChuks(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2016
why not make pidgin official?? na Frenchie ? warri niggas no go like am

(1) (Reply)

Prep For The 2019/20 SAT And ACT Exams / Usman Danfodio Aspirant Whatsapp Group / FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.