Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Sack Farming From Start - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sack Farming From Start (48484 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
vanpeele:

No but you can if you want to. The weather in your area should be considered before making a decision.
thats ryt, you see i didnt puch mine and water drains fine.but i dont no whether it should be in the case of raining season.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Cossycute:
how many seeds per sack and like how many matured cucumber during harvesting from that same sack?
it is vertical farming?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
ishaqteejay:
thats ryt, you see i didnt puch mine and water drains fine.but i dont no whether it should be in the case of raining season.

I'm thinking that if it's on concrete or any hard surface it won't be a problem but it's still a learning process.

1 Like

Re: Sack Farming From Start by thuao(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2016
Is there anyone resident in Ibadan or Oyo state into cucumber farming or who has an idea, that can help me out, or anyone interested.
such can contact me on 08032439911.
thanks
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 2:46am On Mar 07, 2016
Hey pals, i will like to open a new thread soon for watermelon nd cucumber sack farming with drip irrigation.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by phranseeqz(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
ishaqteejay:
Well i had two bags for my second harvest today which is 6 days interval with the first harvest.got 4100 for the 2 bags sold here in kaduna .praying for lagos mile 12 to open with peace.any idea on how to send it to a different market in lagos with a good price. Soory no pics

Nice job bruv, may God continue to bless your hustle.
Please, I don't seem to get how you stake the cucumber stands. I see strings, how do you do them? Thanks
Re: Sack Farming From Start by yomie040(m): 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nice job here bro. Just as d last comment states, kindly show and explain d staking process.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 1:48am On Mar 19, 2016
yomie040:
Nice job here bro. Just as d last comment states, kindly show and explain d staking process.
the upper rope should be strong or use galvanize wire and use 50 naira rope for the vertical ones.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 1:52am On Mar 19, 2016
yomie040:
the upper rope should be strong or use galvanize wire and use 50 naira rope for the vertical ones.i used 2 bamboo sticks for each line of sack or anything that is strong.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by aquadude15: 5:01am On Mar 24, 2016
ishaqteejay:
the upper rope should be strong or use galvanize wire and use 50 naira rope for the vertical ones.i used 2 bamboo sticks for each line of sack or anything that is strong.

sir how do you tie the rope to the plant when staking or you just drop the rope and ithe plant climb itself
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
aquadude15:

sir how do you tie the rope to the plant when staking or you just drop the rope and ithe plant climb itself
you tie them on the plant
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hey pals, i will like to open a new thread soon for watermelon nd cucumber sack farming with drip irrigation.

1 Like

Re: Sack Farming From Start by schneid: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2016
Good topic op. Where did you source the soil? Did you buy?.
Can't wait for or new topic on watermelon
Re: Sack Farming From Start by mimmmms(f): 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
Patiently waiting
ishaqteejay:
Re: Sack Farming From Start by mimmmms(f): 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
Sent you a mail hope to hear from you soonest... I planted murano 2 F1 it's 3weeks now having difficulty in staking it sad
Re: Sack Farming From Start by jacabi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
ishaqteejay:
its a cucumber,darina hybrid mix
If cucumber is to be planted on the cultivated land, how should it be spaced?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Mercie123(f): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
mimmmms:
Sent you a mail hope to hear from you soonest... I planted murano 2 F1 it's 3weeks now having difficulty in staking it sad
Hi @mimmmms pls can you give me mobile number? I have things to discuss with you abeg.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by lilreese: 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Following
Re: Sack Farming From Start by bobojoshua(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
ishaqteejay:
okay let us do it this way
sack farming materials and cost analysis

1. sack =#80 per dozen
2. soil(black soil,cow dump,top soil)@ ratio 3:1:1 price and quantity may varues,so no price,
3. seed =any high yielding hybrid variety is highly recommended = #4900 -#6500 depending on the state, company etc
4. fertilizer = apply every 5 days or 1 week. or check fertilizer application for a particular plant and the type of fertilizer needed for the plant.=#5000(npk 15:15:15 25kg)
5. pesticide= fighter 32 ec is good for killing pest, check for the types of plant to apply to and check manuals on how to apply. =#900(500ml)

*The sack should be fill half with the soil mixture
* 1 to 2 table spoon of npk
*sack should washed properly
*proper row spacing should be done
*string your cukes early with strong wood and ropes

please it is always good to follow the thread well before asking questions to avoid asking answered or similar questions, will add more later if i miss some points.thanks
Re: Sack Farming From Start by AniMcBen(m): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Op I'm in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Can I still cultivate cucumber this year or is the planting season completely over? If I can still plant, when is the ideal planting time? Note I want to go sack style.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 2:27am On Aug 21, 2016
AniMcBen:
Op I'm in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Can I still cultivate cucumber this year or is the planting season completely over? If I can still plant, when is the ideal planting time? Note I want to go sack style.
you can plant all season,you should buy a cucumber variety that is all year round (murano,darina,tokyo. etc) and have borehole or a well that can wter them if not in rainy season.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by AniMcBen(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
ishaqteejay:
you can plant all season,you should buy a cucumber variety that is all year round (murano,darina,tokyo. etc) and have borehole or a well that can wter them if not in rainy season.

Thanks. I'm grateful. I have borehole and the land. I just have to source for the seeds now.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by godwinufi68(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2016
ishaqteejay:
@ op tnks u very much we realy appreciate ur good wrk here may almighty Jehovah continue to bless all ur part, pls jst wat to knw if, the new thread on watermelon has been open? If yes what's the title? I wat 2 follow u bumba to bumba
Re: Sack Farming From Start by shadowid: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
am in uyo, u can contact me
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Patini147(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
shadowid:
am in uyo, u can contact me
Do you have the hybrid seeds for sale? That is cucumber and tomato
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Patini147(m): 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
ishaqteejay:

How can I get the seeds in Akwa Ibom? I need cucumber and tomato seeds for my experimental plot
Re: Sack Farming From Start by shadowid: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
isa, what abt Cu999 is it a gud hybrid?. d uyo guy I sent mine from a frd FM Ibadan
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Patini147(m): 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
shadowid:
isa, what abt Cu999 is it a gud hybrid?. d uyo guy I sent mine from a frd FM Ibadan
I need someone in Uyo that can supply me with hybrid tomato and cucumber seeds. You can ccontact me at iniudoma@gmail.com
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 12:45am On Aug 26, 2016
AniMcBen:

Thanks. I'm grateful. I have borehole and the land. I just have to source for the seeds now.
find out any technisem shop or seminis.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 12:48am On Aug 26, 2016
Patini147:

How can I get the seeds in Akwa Ibom? I need cucumber and tomato seeds for my experimental plot
i really dont know where you can get it there because i stay in kaduna.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 12:53am On Aug 26, 2016
godwinufi68:
@ op tnks u very much we realy appreciate ur good wrk here may almighty Jehovah continue to bless all ur part, pls jst wat to knw if, the new thread on watermelon has been open? If yes what's the title? I wat 2 follow u bumba to bumba
i havent because of some reasons but trying out some new projects, the watermelons are for fasting period because of its demands.so will post you about the new project.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by mumamanda4: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2016
workingharder:
Nice but i made 17,000 naira out of my 5 sacks
how,when,and where?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.