Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? (1388 Views)

Should Nigeria Capital City Be Moved From Abuja? / Should Nigeria Police Go To Drink In A Beer Parlour With Gun / Daily News Headlines From The Nation Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? by Saintb: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2009
In you honest opinion, did you think Nigeria should remain one Nation?

Please support your answers with reason.
Re: Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? by mccloud224(m): 12:52am On Aug 08, 2009
@Saintb

Nigeria has never been one. It never has and probably never will be.The reason the "elite" parading themselves as "leaders" (who are leading us no where) decide to keep the country as "one" is to be able to loot from the resource states.Mark my words, the day oil finishes in the South is the day the North will break away from this geopolitical joke called Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? by mccloud224(m): 1:58am On Aug 08, 2009
@Topic

Furthermore, this country has the potential of being unified in the real sense of things.We are not the only multi-ethnic country in the world (China for example of composed of different tribes and different dialects.They all look the same in appearance though).

The problem is the so called "leaders".They are the ones who cause the divide (tribalism).To be precise, the reason why Nigeria is not united today is due to four main causes.The last two are results of the first two namely :

(1)Greed
(2)Tribalism
(3)Lack of focus (which is caused by the first which is greed)
(4)Lack of patriotism (which is caused by the second which is tribalism).

At the end of it all, all "Nigerians" want the same thing e.g good roads,decent education,steady power supply,pipe borne water and so on.If the northern militants had access to proper education and a better life, do you think they would be crazy enough to cause the mayhem of last week?Nope.I think NOT.Also, the "leaders" know that the best way to keep this country "running" in their favor is to cause division amongst the people and also keep them in poverty.It's easier to manipulate a human being that lacks the basic essentials of life (common sense).I mean, think about it.Nigeria is the only country where a governor can wake up one morning and tell it's citizens to pay taxes on electronics they bought with their own hard earned money (Fashola).You can't see such nonsense happening anywhere else in the world.We tolerate this because the people can't speak in one voice (tribalism) and also, the people are not empowered (poor and mostly illiterate).

Nuff said
Re: Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? by finewine1(m): 3:12am On Aug 08, 2009
Let your answers be yes, or no. Or short (really short) phrases.
No, because there's too many tribes not getting what they want.
Yes, for the strength, the international influence
Re: Should Nigeria Remian One Nation? by mccloud224(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2009
Let your answers be yes, or no. Or short (really short) phrases.
No, because there's too many tribes not getting what they want.
Yes, for the strength, the international influence

@fine_wine

Please feel free to answer posts as you see fit and let others answer posts in their own way.You simply can't expect everyone to reply the way you do.Some answer briefly and some answer with reasons for their explanations and if i read the post correctly, the poster indicated that answers should be supported by reasons.

(1) (Reply)

I Killed him Because He Rap.ed Me / Another Tragedy In Benin,edo State / Patentees Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.