Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Do You Not Lose Faith? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Not Lose Faith? (603 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Not Lose Faith? by Askseek(f): 5:13am On Feb 01, 2016
I actually don't have a topic for this, and I am using this simply as an outlet because I fear I am losing my mind. How do you hold on when you feel like you are losing the battle for your child's life?
How do I hold on when I can see all the signs that it is not working. After putting this little girl through a gruelling treatment, I can see it failing. She is holding on, she is fighting but for how much longer. I would take this pain a million times over for my little girl. Will her sisters sacrifice be for nought? She donated to her sister in the hope that it would make a difference but I just can't see it now. I have cried for so long I have no more tears. I am depressed, I should be strong but she is my strength. I am weak and she is strong. The thought that she may not make it kills me. I can survive a lot but I don't think I could make it through that. 4 years of her life we have fought. All I want is for her to catch a break, to have a normal life, to be free of pain. Is that too much to ask?
There are brief moments when her laughter fills the air and that sound brings joy to all of us but these moments are so far and few. My other rock reminds me there is hope, things may turn around, but today I am consumed by fear, I am frozen. I know we should think of end-of life plans just in case but how can I for a seven year old with so much promise? Why should it be so hard? Where is that magic wand to wave over her and have all these bad stuff go away? If wishes were horses beggars would ride and right now I am a beggar, begging Jehovah to give me a miracle. Everything humanly possible I am doing, I just need a miracle.
Re: How Do You Not Lose Faith? by InformedLola(f): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
Take heart. May it be well with your little angel.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lol. Will You Say Yes? / In Lagos, A Labourer Lifts An Unopened Bag Of Cement With His Teeth (PIC) / See The Letter A Father Wrote To His Family Because Of Economic Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.