Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigeria Striker Emmanuel Emenike Signs For West Ham On Loan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Striker Emmanuel Emenike Signs For West Ham On Loan (416 Views)

Meet Omere Larry Peters: Profile, Biography, Nigeria Striker Making Waves Abroad / Super Eagles Striker Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates Her Mum On Her Birthday / Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Striker Emmanuel Emenike Signs For West Ham On Loan by myproperty(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2016
Less than a month after ending a less than successful loan spell at UAE champions Al Ain, striker Emmanuel Emenike has moved to Premier League club West Ham United.

Emenike, 28, arrived at Al Ain in the summer and was handed the unenviable task of filling the void left by Ghanaian forward Asamoah Gyan following his move to China.

A record of nine goals in 15 appearances was deemed not good enough, and Al Ain swiftly replaced the Nigeria international with Brazilian Douglas during the winter transfer window.

Emenike’s return to parent club Fenerbahce has not lasted long, however, with West Ham completing a loan move until the end of the season.

“I have always known West Ham as a great club. I have always been watching them. West Ham’s a great club and I am very, very happy and very, very excited that I am here,” Emenike told West Ham TV.

“I’ve known Slaven Bilic for years. When he was at Lokomotiv Moscow, I was at Spartak Moscow, then he came to Besiktas and I was in Fenerbahce, so we have known each other for a long time.”

Emenike has played 37 times for Nigeria, featured at the 2014 World Cup and was part of the squad which won the 2013 African Cup of Nations.

He began his career with Delta Force in Nigeria before moving to South Africa with Mpumalanga Black Aces and Cape Town.

In 2009, he moved to Turkish football with second division Karabukspor, where his 16 goals helped the side to promotion.

He then scored 14 goals in the top flight with Karabukspor before a brief stay at Fenerbahce in 2011 was followed by a switch to Russian Premier League side Spartak Moscow where he hit 24 goals in 51 games.

A return to Fenerbahce in 2013 led to the league title in 2014 before Emenike’s loan spell in the UAE.
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/english-premier-league/from-al-ain-to-london-nigeria-striker-emmanuel-emenike-signs-for-west-ham-on-loan

(1) (Reply)

Referee Halts Lazio V Napoli Serie A Match After Racist Chants / Kanu Nwankwo,pele,ronaldo Da Lima. Named In World Football Legends List / Liverpool Dumped Out Of FA Cup By Ogbonna's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.