Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,655 members, 7,840,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) (22620 Views)

How To Study For Long Hours With Full Concentration / Recipe For Studying For Very Long Hours At A Stretch? / Cute Mother Of Twins Studying For Her Exams (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Donald3d(m): 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
GentleNate:

Afterwards, u end up graduating wit a decayed teeth...
i brush immediately after taking those, and mind you i brush 3 times a day its not necessary you believe me.*winks*
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by bolliejay(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nice write up Op......But what worked for "A" might not work for "B". Just try to understand your body and u r good to go.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by freeage7(m): 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nice one op, with all these your reading tips, hope you graduated with first class?
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Julietcutie(f): 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Donald3d:
what course did you study ? try that in Engineering or medicine and you will know that Seun is not Lalasticlala grin grin grin grin grin grin
:/or law sef d person will jus fail...
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by SolomonAdeola: 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
EHMIR:
All my life i never studied more than ann hr

Neither do i read at night(but some rare case,i do)nd i always make my papersgrin

iam d type dat graps while d lecture is on,i also browse thru given topics b4 hand,so it is easier for me to take d neccessary points during nd aftr class

i dont take too much stress to read(i wwould rather read newspapers,journals,literary works,text books than to read my very own notebooks??sad)

its God's doin oocheesy

I think you should embark on a professional exam like Ican or ACCA, then come back and tell us ow u studied
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
And that's my reading habit...... All 5points
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by ogunsinamayowa(m): 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Eat obi ( kolanut) before you study and thank me later. You will study for hours and you will still feel as if you had not start . It will also help your brain to be more active before, during and after studying. It's working for me.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nealo(f): 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
Donald3d:
....and i take a lot of chocolate bars,it helps me concentrate and assimilate fast, i didnt even known why it was working for me, i taught it was just my body, until i researched and discovered that ,scientifically chocolate improves assimilation
NOTE: you dont have to buy expensive chocolate, if you no get plenty money buy PARAGO grin grin grin grin grin grin, thats what i used back in school
exactly my dear, and chocolates works for me too and drinking of lots of water.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Nealo(f): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
Studying is a wonderful thing why? because it brodens your horizons(brains) and again it makes one more active and not to be humilated by anyone or anything, the best thing for one to do is
1. Discover your reading habit
2. Learn how to study little of everything, enables you to face challenges
3. Lastly be FORCUSED and try to understand everything and cram when 'necessary'.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by MedicalSamwise(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Here in college of health sciences u jes find ur self reading upto 10hrs per day.....u dont need to b told wen u see ur mates been dropped, u go wise up
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by DammyInforms(m): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
adebayor1490:
And that's my reading habit...... All 5points

Good to know that. So we both share some similarities

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by DammyInforms(m): 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
bolliejay:
Nice write up Op......But what worked for "A" might not work for "B". Just try to understand your body and u r good to go.

This can be true. But at times we learn other people's experiences
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Lumeday(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
ajoskele:
I rep AAUA
How come this thread is still here? Op should have put Davido or Snake-killing in the topic.
Same here bro. What dept and level?
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Bishops10(m): 11:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
EHMIR:

Neither do i read at night(but some rare case,i do)nd i always make my papersgrin

iam d type dat graps while d lecture is on,i also browse thru given topics b4 hand,so it is easier for me to take d neccessary points during nd aftr class

i dont take too much stress to read(i wwould rather read newspapers,journals,literary works,text books than to read my very own notebooks??sad)

its God's doin oocheesy
Honestly we share the same thing in common but you forgot one thing .....I hate copying notes just as I hate hell.,In fact the highest strokes of cane av ever received in life is because of it,back then in sec school. I only try to read at least for 1hour a night before my semester exam commences just through the help of lodgemates oo

But

The good news is that I have never failed any exam

Its just the Lords doinggrin
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by tpraiz(m): 12:13am On Feb 02, 2016
come abu zaria...................

you will see different jacking modes grin
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by dhabeautyjas(f): 8:12am On Feb 02, 2016
EHMIR:

its God's doin oocheesy

bro that's just me you talked about, the only difference is i don't enjoy reading anything that has no number/figures.

It's really God's doing. i grasp more while the lecturer is talking and i write alot in class.

All in all, i think it's nt everybody that is designed to read for long. the best is to know yourself and how best you assimilate. Most people just read and read without understanding their brain that's the reason for most failures.

i believe everybody is good in theri own way but you need to discover YOUR OWN WAY, else you will just keep trying hard
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by dhabeautyjas(f): 8:17am On Feb 02, 2016
youngwarlocks:
I JUST LOVE MY SCHOOL FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA.
[FUT] DO YOU LOVE YOUR SCHOOL?
*u ask your friends..how far
with reading? They
say they haven't started...only to get to the LIBRARY and find
out they
have a permanent seat.
* You graduate with 2.20 and you will be telling yourself. If it
were to be Babcock.. I would have been a 3.70 graduate by now.
* In FUT you don't need to go far for anything...right in your
hostel you have an electrician, painter, carpenter,
plumber (even a drug dealer).
*Yhu have already prepared food but to eat na wahala because
Ure already late for lectures
*come night class during exam u go see different levels of
reading. scanning,skimming,jacking and flipping.
*During exams u will know those who are naturally beautiful
because no time for makeup at all. Everyone becomes born-
again by force.
* It's always funny when exam
supervisor says SUBMIT!! And many
students suddenly develop that
super human ability; answering
3hrs question in 50seconds.

3 good gbosa for our fantastic Futminna ...

Gbosa Gbosa Gbosa

Proudly futminite.
the bolded made me remember school bro

chop knuckle
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by dhabeautyjas(f): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Donald3d:
what course did you study ? try that in Engineering or medicine and you will know that Seun is not Lalasticlala grin grin grin grin grin grin

it's not about the course but about the person. Am an engineer and i am very lazy academically but i have grace of God as my brain used to be magnetic to whatever it hears, now child birth demagnetized some part grin grin grin grin.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Donald3d(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2016
dhabeautyjas:

it's not about the course but about the person. Am an engineer and i am very lazy academically but i have grace of God as my brain used to be magnetic to whatever it hears, now child birth demagnetized some part grin grin grin grin.
i understand you,i am also an engineer,and you were not demagnetized you passed it on to your child,you are the primary coil,your child is the secondary coil *smiles*

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by InwehAkpevwe(m): 9:50am On Feb 02, 2016
Sijo01:
As far as I'm present in class, I gat no reason(s) to open my books again. Yes, am that lazy academically. I thank God say I nor fail one day
hummmmm... Do you attend despo ozoro?
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by ajoskele(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lumeday:

Same here bro. What dept and level?
Graduated 2012 but back again..Biochemistry.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Lumeday(m): 6:42am On Feb 05, 2016
ajoskele:
Back again? Why? shocked
ajoskele:
Back again? Why?
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Capableben(m): 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
DammyInforms:
Good morning, I just felt the need to share this with you. I don't know why though, but I believe it will be of great help to someone. Overtime, I have learnt some simple tips based on my experiences whenever I'm studying.

When I was schooling at AAUA, I found reading for long hours very easy and pleasurable. But I discovered that majority of my colleagues found reading boring and strenuous. They studied as a matter of necessity only when exams were around the corner.

These were the simple tips that helped my study life;

1. I read intermittently

By this, I mean that I read bit by bit, not allowing my work to pile up. I ensured that I read piecemeal. I could study for two hours and return to studying thirty minutes after.

2. I drank water whenever studying

The truth is I don't know the scientific justification for this, but I observed that I get renewed whenever I drank water while studying. You can also try it today.

3. I changed reading position whenever I was tired

I could read for an hour while standing or laying down. It all depended on the position that pleased at the time.

4. I tried to stay focused whenever I study

At a point I had to train myself to study and remain focused even in a noisy environment. You can build your mind to always stay focused whenever you are studying.

5. I took lots of notes when studying

I discovered that there was a connection between my mind and whatever I wrote down. I tend to remember very fast anything I write down. Ensure you try this today.

Happy new month

Written by Damilola Olisa (@DammyInforms)
nice write up... BTW are you Yoruigbo?
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Capableben(m): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
dhabeautyjas:

.Has Engineering in Futminna Paid off I presently do engineering there.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by ajoskele(m): 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lumeday:
Back again? Why? shocked Back again? Why?
PG things
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by dhabeautyjas(f): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Capableben:
.Has Engineering in Futminna Paid off I presently do engineering there.

Of course it has. Why do u ask.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Capableben(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
dhabeautyjas:

Of course it has. Why do u ask.
Just wanna know... I study Engr there presently And lecturers keep saying its one of the best schools... wanted to be sure its not a hype
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by Lumeday(m): 10:16am On Feb 07, 2016
ajoskele:
PG things
Wow! Nice one bro. I envy you

1 Like

Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by dpfaces(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2016
After thinking why it's so hard for people to get a job all because of lack of connection.
Students finding it hard to get admission into schools, still because of not knowing how it's done in the school(lack of connections).

Do you want to share ideas and help solve other students assignment and research?
Are you a student upcoming star?
Chat with other students?

www.dpfaces.com

Dpfaces is striving so hard to make all and more things possible for Nigerian students... but can't be 100% possible without your support.

Visit www.dpfaces.com today and share to friends, and before you know it, dpfaces becomes a better place for all Nigerian students.
Re: Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) by tommyBaba: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2016
ogunsinamayowa:
Eat obi ( kolanut) before you study and thank me later. You will study for hours and you will still feel as if you had not start . It will also help your brain to be more active before, during and after studying. It's working for me.
I Pity Your Teeth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Reveals Date For Release Of 2017 May/june Results / Unizik Student Drowns While Celebrating Birthday. / Rivers State University Cut-Off Mark And Post-UTME Screening Exercise 2017-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.