Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) (41662 Views)

Scammer Hacked A Girl Facebook Account(pic) / ATM Camera Exposes Guy Who Stole ATM Card And Withdrew Money At Fidelity Bank / Man Strips Half Unclad In GT Bank Afta Money Vanished 4rm His Account(Pic,Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by nkowaputa(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
How many of us have keenly observed the exponential raise in crime in recent days. We are heading to the days of fear and terror by hungry youth.
You can't claim to be fighting corruption while armed robbery is on the raise expect if armed robbery is not corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by skuribeebo: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
NEHLIVE:
Bad

More @http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/how-robbers-stole-my-atm-card-and.html
this is what you get when you refuse to spend your money. Sorry sister Nkiru.
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by dollyptosh(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
Experienced similar incident last Monday. It was a terrible experience.
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by TweezyR(f): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
Its quite unfortunate and painful take heart dear
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by byteHead(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
I thought there was meant to be environmental sanitation on that day.
She could have stayed indoors. cry
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by holluwai(m): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
missvera:
Hmmm, time to stop putting my ATM card inside my purse before going out. # Agba to Jin si koto ko ara yoku logbon ni.

Agba ti de niyen? tongue
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
missvera:
Hmmm, time to stop putting my ATM card inside my purse before going out. # Agba to Jin si koto ko ara yoku logbon ni.

Is that you on your profile?
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is one of the reasons we need to know our place in Christ. It wouldn't have happened because there's a God who will fight for you, instantaneously. But anyway, a ni ri'rue mo.
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by tottinova: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
NEHLIVE:
A primary school teacher identified as Evi Iwaha pictured above, has narrated how some robbers attacked her,took her ATM card and cleared her account in the early hours of Saturday January 30th.

She narrated her story to The Nation. [b]"It happened a few minutes to 6.00am; I’d boarded a bus supposedly to Oshodi from Obanikoro. No sooner had the bus moved than they sprang into action. The first thing they did was grab my phone; ‘What do you do? Where are you coming from?’one of them asked. I was hopeful that they’d take pity on me, having told them I was just a primary school teacher.

Why bother to ask if it meant nothing to them? After rummaging through my wallet, they found two ATM cards and some cash. The question that followed hit me with a bang. ‘What’s your pin number?’ Instinctively, I hesitated for a while, but a resounding slap on my face soon got me spilling it out. These guys were actually going to do the unimaginable. They were going to clear my account. To think that I was about experiencing stories that had seemed far away. I looked up in time to see another member of the gang, sitting in the front seat. They called him officer. I don’t know if he was some military officer or if the name was just a code name. Even though I was still a little dazed from the slap, I couldn’t but notice the gun that hung loosely in the man’s hand, as he spoke to his colleague. He quickly handed the ATM cards to another member who played the role of a bus conductor. The driver slowed down at my inquisitor’s command, and the bus conductor jumped off the bus on his way to emptying my accounts. I silently wished I had payed the money into my friend’s account, he had asked me to do so to avoid spending it, since I’m saving towards paying my rent. Meanwhile, while we awaited the arrival of the messenger, the bus kept going round and round. In the process, the two women I met on the bus were told to disembark, and two others, a guy and his girlfriend were picked up at the next stop. They were lucky, as they didn’t have any ATM card on them. They were ripped of their phones and the only one thousand Naira note the guy had on him. They had also searched the lady who came on at the same time as I did.

Obviously they didn’t get much from her. I was their sacrificial lamb. Soon my phone beeped – an indication that the money had been withdrawn. Then they drove back to the spot where they had dropped off the bus conductor, picked him up and drove off. By all means, it was a smooth operation, and we were home-bound now. I silently prayed that they dropped me off at a safe place. All along, I didn’t know where we were because I had been sitting on the floor of the bus. Suddenly, the bus pulled to a stop and we were all told to alight. I discovered that they had dropped us at the toll-gate. My inquisitor who had promised to give me transport money to take me home had either forgotten or couldn’t care less. They zoomed off as soon as we were all out of the bus. I stood there thinking of how to get to my place in Gbagada, until one good Nigerian who happened to be passing by came to my rescue by giving me N100, my exact fare home.”she said
[/b]

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/how-robbers-stole-my-atm-card-and.html

Later now, I will be complaining if they burn thief(jungle justice).

Lagosians, from now own, do whatever you want to thieves.
I don't care angry

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by tottinova: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
NEHLIVE:
A primary school teacher identified as Evi Iwaha pictured above, has narrated how some robbers attacked her,took her ATM card and cleared her account in the early hours of Saturday January 30th.

She narrated her story to The Nation. [b]"It happened a few minutes to 6.00am; I’d boarded a bus supposedly to Oshodi from Obanikoro. No sooner had the bus moved than they sprang into action. The first thing they did was grab my phone; ‘What do you do? Where are you coming from?’one of them asked. I was hopeful that they’d take pity on me, having told them I was just a primary school teacher.

Why bother to ask if it meant nothing to them? After rummaging through my wallet, they found two ATM cards and some cash. The question that followed hit me with a bang. ‘What’s your pin number?’ Instinctively, I hesitated for a while, but a resounding slap on my face soon got me spilling it out. These guys were actually going to do the unimaginable. They were going to clear my account. To think that I was about experiencing stories that had seemed far away. I looked up in time to see another member of the gang, sitting in the front seat. They called him officer. I don’t know if he was some military officer or if the name was just a code name. Even though I was still a little dazed from the slap, I couldn’t but notice the gun that hung loosely in the man’s hand, as he spoke to his colleague. He quickly handed the ATM cards to another member who played the role of a bus conductor. The driver slowed down at my inquisitor’s command, and the bus conductor jumped off the bus on his way to emptying my accounts. I silently wished I had payed the money into my friend’s account, he had asked me to do so to avoid spending it, since I’m saving towards paying my rent. Meanwhile, while we awaited the arrival of the messenger, the bus kept going round and round. In the process, the two women I met on the bus were told to disembark, and two others, a guy and his girlfriend were picked up at the next stop. They were lucky, as they didn’t have any ATM card on them. They were ripped of their phones and the only one thousand Naira note the guy had on him. They had also searched the lady who came on at the same time as I did.

Obviously they didn’t get much from her. I was their sacrificial lamb. Soon my phone beeped – an indication that the money had been withdrawn. Then they drove back to the spot where they had dropped off the bus conductor, picked him up and drove off. By all means, it was a smooth operation, and we were home-bound now. I silently prayed that they dropped me off at a safe place. All along, I didn’t know where we were because I had been sitting on the floor of the bus. Suddenly, the bus pulled to a stop and we were all told to alight. I discovered that they had dropped us at the toll-gate. My inquisitor who had promised to give me transport money to take me home had either forgotten or couldn’t care less. They zoomed off as soon as we were all out of the bus. I stood there thinking of how to get to my place in Gbagada, until one good Nigerian who happened to be passing by came to my rescue by giving me N100, my exact fare home.”she said
[/b]

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/how-robbers-stole-my-atm-card-and.html

Later now, I will be complaining if they burn thief(jungle justice).

Lagosians, from now on, do whatever you want to thieves.
I don't care angry
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Lagos state govt should do something about these guys.....it happens always, along ikorodu road bustops.....Agip, fadeyi, onipanu, palmgroove, Anthony, obanikoro, Maryland etc.
Its rampant!
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Kazrem(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Oma se oo
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Alexgeneration(m): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sorry dear
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by YaksonFCA(m): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Pathetic
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by raf2angel: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Take heart my sister...nemesis will surely catch up with them..I once fell victim along that same Ikorodu road from Ojuelegba.
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by MosakuAW(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
seunfunmi33:
but you know that your smart move might be risky at times. Robbers are liable to harm you when you don't have anything on you

Not that, i do not carry ATM card. I do carry my ATM cards of other banks but with little cash of about 10k to 50k only because if what happens to me years back.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by kobonaire(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
rollUP:
Why u come dey take my matter personal?
Don't mind the guy abeg. People like him borrow their friend's phone so that they can post nonsense on NairaLand grin
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by toyese01(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
rollUP:
Nice operation.

If to say na me dem collect my atm, after them check my balance dem go pity me give me tfare to go house. Na only my phone go pain me
Either pity or wound u
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by blizz84(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
New technique. Dis guyz nor get mind at allm if lik say na me dey do dat tin ehh... Just leave mata for lawma
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Eberex(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
People who come out as early as 5am are mostly victims. Not just from danfos but also from tout who lurk in dark corners waiting for people on their way to work. We sometimes hear the cries of women mostly "thief, thief,ole ole! How do you expect anyone to help you at 5am in the morning? I was having my bath one morning around same time when I heard the sound of cutlass being struck on the ground, and next thing was the cry from an elderly woman. If you have to go out early , make it atleast 5:30am. And if you have to board a bus by that time,I'm sorry there is no way to know if you are entering a one-chance bus. Just like the person above me said, these incident are rampant at onipan, fadeyi axis. May God help us

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Fourwinds: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
missvera:
imagine.!!! u dey carry ur ATM card waka.... na only change I dey carry..
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
Jeez! Quite scary!
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by dguizman(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
Exact way a close friend was robbed around 5:35am along berger-ikeja road
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by beyoncausme: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
what a pity...hungry criminals. God will punish them...
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Dharnchuks(m): 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
MosakuAW:

whereWhenever i needed money, all i do is internet banking transfer of the amount needed to my other bank accounts.
That's the way to go o. I have my ATM number, online bank ID, saved as contacts on my phone for online transactions. I don't move with the card.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Tobium1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
Dat's one of d reasons I don't move around with my atm card, I rada go out and a reasonable amount of money dat I believe will be enof for my day, if any emergency comes up I go queue up in d banking hall. I only go wit my atm card only wen i'm travelling

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
Chai.
I love her narrative prowess, on point for a "primary school teacher".
This thing has happened to two people I know, and they cleared both accounts.

E go pain them if them meet me , because my savings account is always red, I wonder how angry they will be.
The rate at which I move my pay to my GT-Target account, standing instruction things, even the protocol to collect am tire me wey get the money. grin

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by bigiyaro(m): 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Vivalavida99:
This is very bad, hope you recover from this unfortunate incident.

May the robbers never find peace unless they repent.
even if they repent they would still not find peace.
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Clairette(f): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
Her polished English and descriptive energy is a big turn on. Kudo mma teacher! I envy those young lads you teach.
May the good Lord replenish your treasury.
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Godsonkemz(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
So pathetic. You shall recover all you lost by ten folds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University Students Fight Over Boyfriend / Man Sets His Son Ablaze For Stealing N500 From Landlord In Akwa Ibom (Graphic) / Gunmen Trapped Inside Jos Prison After Attacking The Correctional Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.