Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Interview Proverb For Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Proverb For Job Seekers (1165 Views)

350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Dahveydson(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2016
"He who is not ready to lie at an interview is not interested in getting a Job"

grin grin grin

The above literally dropped in my mind this morning, don't know where it came from. grin

But what do you guys think, is it ok to lie at an interview?

*a little lie never hurt anybody* grin
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Chumani(f): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2016
No, Don't be a lying liar
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by LaurelP(m): 10:16am On Feb 02, 2016
Its not advisable to tell blatant lies in an interview. For example, claiming qualifications you don't have, false certifications and experiences, these will catch up with u.
However, one shud not be totally honest in interviews. You shid embellish ur achievements.
E.g, "In my last place of work, I was able to implement a policy that led to the recovery of millions of naira in bad debts".
It cud just be that u only recovered 1 million.
Some people are so modest during interviews, they don't want to come off as bragging. To others, they are not sure if they can really do the job. Its good to be modest in real life, but not at interviews.
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Dahveydson(m): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2016
LaurelP:
Its not advisable to tell blatant lies in an interview. For example, claiming qualifications you don't have, false certifications and experiences, these will catch up with u.
However, one shud not be totally honest in interviews. You shid embellish ur achievements.
E.g, "In my last place of work, I was able to implement a policy that led to the recovery of millions of naira in bad debts".
It cud just be that u only recovered 1 million.
Some people are so modest during interviews, they don't want to come off as bragging. To others, they are not sure if they can really do the job. Its good to be modest in real life, but not at interviews.

Your point is well appreciated. In other words you're saying exaggerate, Don't lie.

Nice grin
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Donald3d(m): 10:25am On Feb 02, 2016
Dahveydson:
"He who is not ready to lie at an interview is not interested in getting a Job"

grin grin grin

The above literally dropped in my mind this morning, don't know where it came from. grin

But what do you guys think, is it ok to lie at an interview?

*a little lie never hurt anybody* grin
"He who lies during an interview, will have to continue lying to cover his yansh,and a time will come when his yansh will be to big for the lie to cover,there and then the yansh will smell every where and shame will come to him"......Quote by Donald 2016 grin grin grin grin grin grin #DonaldHasSpoken
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Dahveydson(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2016
Donald3d:
"He who lies during an interview, will have to continue lying to cover his yansh,and a time will come when his yansh will be to big for the lie to cover,there and then the yansh will smell every where and shame will come to him"......Quote by Donald 2016 grin grin grin grin grin grin #DonaldHasSpoken

Looool. What is this na?
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Donald3d(m): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2016
Dahveydson:

Looool. What is this na?
it is a pidgin-english and english proverb i just created in my head,understand it very well you will see it is true *winks*
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Dahveydson(m): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Donald3d:
it is a pidgin-english and english proverb i just created in my head,understand it very well you will see it is true *winks*

I understand it. The question was rhetorical.
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Donald3d(m): 11:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Dahveydson:

I understand it. The question was rhetorical.
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue i know i wanted you to say something again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Interview Proverb For Job Seekers by Dahveydson(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Donald3d:
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue i know i wanted you to say something again grin grin grin grin grin

Smh mehn

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Careers At Berger Paints / Vacancies At Nigerian Newsdirect Newspaper - Over 10 Positions / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.