Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Didn't Mean To Kill Him; It Was A Mistake - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Didn't Mean To Kill Him; It Was A Mistake (782 Views)

Michael Iorkohol Begged Me To Kill Him, He Was In Secret Society- Murder Suspect / Charley @yabaki, #ENDSARS Campaign Mastermind: SARS Threatens To Kill Him / Dear Judge, I Didn't Mean To Lie; I'm Sorry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn't Mean To Kill Him; It Was A Mistake by TyLegal: 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
That you killed someone in a fit of anger does not let you off the hook. The person is still dead and there are consequences for that.

Yes, there is a difference between killing someone on purpose and killing someone accidentally.

Manslaughter is where a person kills another human being without any form of malice or any intention to kill the person. Murder on the other hand is the unlawful killing of a human being with the intention to do so. The major distinction between the two is the intent. Also, the penalty for manslaughter is lighter than that of murder. If a killing is planned or premeditated, it will be regarded as murder.

For example, if Adam playfully smacks Smith but unfortunately the smack kills Smith, it would be considered as manslaughter. But if Adam plans a revenge to kill Smith and actually kills him, that will be considered murder.

Manslaughter can be voluntary or involuntary.

An instance of voluntary manslaughter is where a person is provoked to the point of killing another person. The person must have been so provoked that he loses control over himself and kills the other person in the ‘heat of passion’. It must show that he committed the act during the ‘heat of passion’ and not after he had had time to cool off.

An example is where a man walks into the house and finds another man on top of his wife. If he loses his mind and kills the other man, it may be sufficient provocation to be regarded as manslaughter.

Even though it is shown that he was extremely provoked, it does not make the killing lawful and he will still be liable for the death of that person. It will however be regarded as manslaughter and not murder.

No amount of provocation can justify a killing. The best it can do is to reduce murder to manslaughter if it is clear that the incident was enough to cause a reasonable person to lose his self-control.

There was an instance of a man who was impotent and one day, his wife thought it a brilliant idea to taunt his impotence and she bragged that she had been having sex with someone else. He lost his cool, picked a cutlass and killed her. It was considered manslaughter.

Involuntary manslaughter is where a person kills another out of sheer recklessness or gross negligence without intending to do so. A parent/guardian owes a duty of care to his child/ward, a motorist owes a duty of care to other road users and if they breach this duty of care and it results in death, they may be guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

No one is perfect and human beings are bound to annoy us. The exercise of self-control is very important to avoid doing something that we would later regret. Like the saying goes; whenever you are tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually uses water. [url][/url]www.tylegal.com
Re: I Didn't Mean To Kill Him; It Was A Mistake by Flexherbal(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
That is what they always say when he can't perform.
Re: I Didn't Mean To Kill Him; It Was A Mistake by vikacydevato(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
I know.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Accused Of Impregnating Two Sisters Opens Up / Military Doctor Assaults Civilian Colleague / Ese And Yunusa Were Like Romeo And Juliet, Yunusa’s Father Defends His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.