Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. (3473 Views)

Facebook Ad [charges Per Dollar And Supported Card] / Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / One Trillion US Dollars Suit Claim Against Bill Gates For Bioterrorism In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by PGON(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars to Nigerian Naira is still at N185 per dollar.

I called GTB customer care to request for current exchange rate for Mastercard (Dollar) to Nigeria.
I was told all card transaction (withdrawal/payment) through Mastercard is at the rate N285 per dollar.

I made ATM withdrawal and found out that they were just lying, I got a heartbreaking N185/$1 rate.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by Donald3d(m): 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
PGON:

I called GTB customer care to request for current exchange rate for Mastercard (Dollar) to Nigeria.
I was told all card transaction (withdrawal/payment) through Mastercard is at the rate N285 per dollar.

I made ATM withdrawal and found out that they were just lying, I got a heartbreaking N185/$1 rate.

eeyah take heart cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by PGON(m): 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lost around 30k in that transaction.
If i knew the exchange rate was that bad, .........
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by skyhighweb(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
PGON:

am not sure i understand ur story, is 185 the bad one or 285 is d bad one?
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by PGON(m): 2:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sure 185 is the bad one,

It should be the same rate, payment/withdrawal.

if you pay at the rate of 285 and withdraw at 185, sure you will not be happy.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by justi4jesu(f): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
PGON:
Sure 185 is the bad one,

I can't relate to what you just explained up there. To me withdrawing at #185 is the Bomb na.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by skyhighweb(m): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
PGON:
Sure 185 is the bad one,

so if am only withdrawing money they charge 185? for example withdrawing via atm master card oversea, shey.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by PGON(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
skyhighweb:
so if am only withdrawing money they charge 185? for example withdrawing via atm master card oversea, shey.

Dollar mastercard ATM Withdrawal rate is 185 Naira per dollar (N185 = $1).
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by whisp3r(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
PGON:

Dollar mastercard ATM Withdrawal rate is 185 Naira per dollar (N185 = $1).

I just hope they don't do the same with payoneer cards
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
lol

Read this: https://www.nairaland.com/2871641/gtbank-scam-debit-card-payments

I used my GTB Visa card on a local Naira site online, it was at N185
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by PGON(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
So they have been doing this to their customers! Chei.

My pain, is that i called their customer care before the transaction.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by U1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
whisp3r:

I just hope they don't do the same with payoneer cards

How much do you think you'll get using the card? After all fees, you get about N186 per dollar for 20K withdrawal. No be today.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by suyamasta(m): 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
greedy banks
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by whisp3r(m): 9:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
U1:

How much do you think you'll get using the card? After all fees, you get about N186 per dollar for 20K withdrawal. No be today.

Chai. I don enter one chance be that; E no even reach 200 self cry

Do you know if it is the same rates for wire transfer
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by U1(m): 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
whisp3r:

Chai. I don enter one chance be that; E no even reach 200 self cry

Do you know if it is the same rates for wire transfer

I think you should get around the official rate (ca. N197) in that case, which isn't fair much either.
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by whisp3r(m): 9:06am On Feb 05, 2016
U1:

I think you should get around the official rate (ca. N197) in that case, which isn't fair much either.

We need mods to move this to front page.

GTB needs to be checked
Re: ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar. by foxgiovani(m): 11:46am On Feb 05, 2016
Our company Tradot has made it possible for you to earn from your website in different ways. Our platform makes payment possible for you through (1) Perfect Money (2) Western Union (3)Master, visa & Verve Cards and (4) Paypal. YYou can visit https://tradot.com/?ref=gidigbam to register and find out more.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The New Mtn CVM Free 500MB / Female Bloggers On Nairaland! Come Here!! / I Buy PAYONEER Pound£, Euro€ & Dollar$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.