Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting (1514 Views)

HELP!!!! My Computer Continue Restarting / *very urgent* My Laptop Keeps Restarting After I Tried To Format / Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 11:56am On Feb 03, 2016
IMPORTANT ISSUE PLEASE.
I bought this brand new Hp 15 laptop three days ago and since yesterday night it has started misbehaving by shutting down itself while in operation and it will reboot again. Anytime i sm operating it, it will just show some message that "" your Pc has ran into some problem and need to restart""
Pls what can I do to solve this or should I return the laptop with immediate effect?
computer gurus: cc : felix55, shawlxAk, nairalander1516, maysdrays , skydancer, computerboy, Sanni45, jokesmaster. pls u guys should come to my aid
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by horllamy(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
mazeltov:
IMPORTANT ISSUE PLEASE.
I bought this brand new Hp 15 laptop three days ago and since yesterday night it has started misbehaving by shutting down itself while in operation and it will reboot again. Anytime i sm operating it, it will just show some message that "" your Pc has ran into some problem and need to restart""
Pls what can I do to solve this or should I return the laptop with immediate effect?
computer gurus: cc : felix55, shawlxAk, nairalander1516, maysdrays , skydancer, computerboy, Sanni45, jokesmaster. pls u guys should come to my aid

It better you return it immediately so far you just bought it

1 Like

Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by shawlxAk(m): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
System specs?

Did you recently install any software or device?

mazeltov:
IMPORTANT ISSUE PLEASE.
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
shawlxAk:
System specs?

hp-15 . Corei3, 4gig ram and 500hdd. processor speed is 1.7ghz. yes i installed some apps on it
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
shawlxAk:
System specs?

hp-15 . Corei3, 4gig ram and 500hdd. processor speed is 1.7ghz. yes i installed some apps on it
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by shawlxAk(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
You didn't state what OS your PC is running.

Use System Restore to revert to a previous point in time before the problem started. Your personal data will be preserved. However, apps and drivers that were installed since the last restore point will be uninstalled, and apps that were uninstalled might be restored.

Open Control Panel > Click Recovery > Click Open System Restore. The System Restore wizard will guide through the rest of the process.

mazeltov:
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
shawlxAk:

Use System Restore to revert to a previous point in time before the problem started. Your personal data will be preserved. However, apps and drivers that were installed since the last restore point will be uninstalled, and apps that were uninstalled might be restored.

Open Control Panel > Click Recovery > Click Open System Restore. The System Restore wizard will guide through the rest of the process.

which one is Os? it is window 8.1 pro , ok thanks for your enlightenment, i will follow the procedures you posted

Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
shawlxAk:

see what it is showing bro

Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by shawlxAk(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
Did you try System Restore?

Be sure to disconnect all peripheral devices -- including the SD card that I see in that picture.

If you run into further difficulties, check my profile for my BBM pin and Whatsapp number.

mazeltov:
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by shawlxAk(m): 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Press the Windows key. At the start screen, type Advanced Startup > Click "Change Advanced Startup Options" > Click Restart Now. After the system restarts, click Troubleshoot on the page that appears > Click Advanced Options and then, System Restore. The wizard will guide you from then on.

If there are no restore points, or if System Restore fails, you can repeat the steps above but after the PC restarts, click Refresh your PC instead of System Restore.

Send me a direct message if you run into anything else. Check my profile for contact details.

mazeltov:
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
There are a number of things responsible for this, but with my experience with brand recent HP laptops shipped with UEFI. Try updating the drivers especially the network devices using windows update. The issue is peculiar with HP systems. I have experienced a number of HP 15 laptops having this issue.
mazeltov:
IMPORTANT ISSUE PLEASE.
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
shawlxAk:
Press the Windows key. At the start screen, type Advanced Startup > Click "Change Advanced Startup Options" > Click Restart Now. After the system restarts, click Troubleshoot on the page that appears > Click Advanced Options and then, System Restore. The wizard will guide you from then on.

If there are no restore points, or if System Restore fails, you can repeat the steps above but after the PC restarts, click Refresh your PC instead of System Restore.

Send me a direct message if you run into anything else. Check my profile for contact details.

OK sir. the system is down but i will try it as soon as i get it charged. let me add u on whatssap bro for onward guidance
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
nairalander1516:
There are a number of things responsible for this, but with my experience with brand recent HP laptops shipped with UEFI. Try updating the drivers especially the network devices using windows update. The issue is peculiar with HP systems. I have experienced a number of HP 15 laptops having this issue.
OK sir. tanks for responding.
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by Sanni45(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Use system restore lyk shawlxak said.You shd restore it 2 d date before u installed anything on it.I believe restorig shd solve prob. Bt if d prob persist,I wil advise u take it back 2 d store u bought it since u said it's a new system n I wouldn't want u 2 tamper with it much.
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by horllamy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Sanni45:
Use system restore lyk shawlxak said.You shd restore it 2 d date before u installed anything on it.I believe restorig shd solve prob. Bt if d prob persist,I wil advise u take it back 2 d store u bought it since u said it's a new system n I wouldn't want u 2 tamper with it much.

He should even dnt try to do any system restore.....
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 6:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Yea, sorry for responding late, these lecturers are bombarding us with lectures back to back. I have done what you said and the problem still persist. and I have also added you on whatssap I
shawlxAk:

Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 6:34am On Feb 05, 2016
Sanni45:
how do I do system restore
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by Sanni45(m): 11:41am On Feb 05, 2016
mazeltov:
how do I do system restore
U cn do dis in different ways:U cn use dis:
Press window key n X togeda.Den select "system" on d list.System window wil appear.Click system protection.In d next window,u wil c "system restore"Click it to run.System restore wizard wil guide u,follow d steps. Select one of d restore points.
Notes:Dis mait take some time bruv,just wait for it to finish.
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by shawlxAk(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2016
Seriously? I don't think you did it right. If System Restore didn't solve the problem, System Refresh would certainly have. Get an engineer to help you physically.

mazeltov:
Yea, sorry for responding late, these lecturers are bombarding us with lectures back to back. I have done what you said and the problem still persist. and I have also added you on whatssap I
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by shawlxAk(m): 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
You shouldn't bother yourself. I already told him what to do in clear terms. Apparently, the problem was solved, but he created the problem again by re-installing the apps that caused the problem in the first instance.

Sanni45:

U cn do dis in different ways:U cn use dis:
Press window key n X togeda.Den select "system" on d list.System window wil appear.Click system protection.In d next window,u wil c "system restore"Click it to run.System restore wizard wil guide u,follow d steps. Select one of d restore points.
Notes:Dis mait take some time bruv,just wait for it to finish.
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by Udehpaschal1(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
if system restore dosent work out, use system/partition recovery, tho u'll lose your personal files.. it happened to me recently, system restore didn't work out
Re: Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting by mazeltov(m): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
shawlxAk:
Seriously? I don't think you did it right. If System Restore didn't solve the problem, System Refresh would certainly have. Get an engineer to help you physically.

it is done sir, i will try to download that virtual box first

(1) (Reply)

My Etisalat Modem Is Giving Me Headache Please I Need Advice. / 15.6 Screen Available / Usa Used Hp Elitebook 8440p, Fast Intel Core I5 + Nvidia Graphics -SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.