Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine (32522 Views)

Nigerian Tech Youtuber, Eric Okafor Attains Bronze Status, A First From Nigeria / Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine / MTN Agrees To Pay Nigerian $1.7Billion Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by tinktanker: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
na wah u if dem bring south African man una go say dem neglect Nigeria. Na u go tell dem who dem get believe in? Abeg make una jump hug transformer joor.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by urchbarbie(f): 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Eric Holder?

Even in the United States, a Lawyer not Licensed in another State cannot defend or do anything as a Lawyer in that State, let alone one from the United States coming to Africa to defend a Company known for ripping her Customers off.

Eric Holder lives and practices Law in the United States, MTN operates and ripped people off in Nigeria, so is answerable to the Laws of Sango and our Land.
he sure can come defend his client. he needs d express permission from d CJN
omogidi234:

Please check the procedure for practicing law worldwide before you utter such comments. The man can't even practice in all the States of US not to talk of NIGERIA. You cannot practice in a Jurisdiction other than where you are licenced. If he wants to act as an Attorney to MTN, he will go to Nigerian Law School for One year and he would be called to the Bar in Nigeria. Otherwise, he could collaborate with the Big law firms in Nigeria and give them ideas based on his experience.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by danidee10(m): 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
tinktanker:
it applies to all networks

never had such with etisalat i don't know about airtel and glo.....but mtn ehnnnn...their own is too much and they also bombard users with annoying spammy messages

There was a day i finally put good use to Korede Bello's song Godwin when i got a message on my phone, as i was singing i don get alert o Godwin, i opened the Message and i saw Improve your English.........

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

THEY MUST PAY!!!!!!
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by urchbarbie(f): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Pearlvictory(m): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Eric Holder?

Even in the United States, a Lawyer not Licensed in another State cannot defend or do anything as a Lawyer in that State, let alone one from the United States coming to Africa to defend a Company known for ripping her Customers off.

Eric Holder lives and practices Law in the United States, MTN operates and ripped people off in Nigeria, so is answerable to the Laws of Sango and our Land.
Unless he is barred from practising law in Nigeria, he can practise law here. Only judges have specific areas of jurisdiction.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by franconian: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
ritababe:
Chai i swear that fine they pepper Emptyhen for body die, very soon them go go hire russian mafians to come defend them grin.
All in all they are just wasting their money cus they must pay, Na Buhari Dey Thrown.

Thrown
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by onoja12: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
that clearly tells you they hired him as a lobbyist to lobby the united states government to put pressure on our President.i blame the minister.he should seize their licence immediately and take the pressure to them.if he has done so in less than a week they would have paid,imagine they are willing to spend on lawyers and lobbyist but not ready to pay the fine,what those that tell you.they have no respect for Nigeria,so we must make them learn respect.

HungerBAD:
Eric Holder?

Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by onoja12: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
where did you get that from,only members of the Nigerian Bar can practise in Nigeria.and he is not a member of the Nigerian Bar

Pearlvictory:

Unless he is barred from practising law in Nigeria, he can practise law here. Only judges have specific areas of jurisdiction.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by sparkleRed(f): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
viktor01:
NCC ejor o, the people wey MTN dey feed amidst this economic downturn no be small o including this guy typing..........
e no go funny if them park o

We understand u, buh they nid 2 pay, they should stop flaunting the laws, they re trying to ridicule Nigeria as a country
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
ritababe:
Chai i swear that fine they pepper Emptyhen for body die, very soon them go go hire russian mafians to come defend them grin.
All in all they are just wasting their money cus they must pay, Na Buhari Dey Thrown.
chai..na person write oyinbo like this....?ok...kontunu...u mean thrown as in throw away the biscuit abi?? ?u need to be probed by ICC..na distention u too carry waka for school abi
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by optional1(f): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

Na still awoof berekete..
Why uno return d money
Y i go return d money wey MTN nah cheater, u no hw many tyms dy don cheat me ni
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Khan1993: 10:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Isn't this what Barack Obama refer to as filibuster strategy in one of his books(AUDACITY OF HOPE). Since the commencement of this matter, MTN has been gaining ground. From the money being reduced to a shift in payment deadline. And i thought they have agreed to sought the matter out of court. And again bring a foreigner attorney is a slap on the face on our lawyers and if he(Eric holder) wins or get more favours for MTN, then its a shame on the country's judiciary.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Khan1993: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Adewunmi84:
chai..na person write oyinbo like this....?ok...kontunu...u mean thrown as in throw away the biscuit abi?? ?u need to be probed by ICC..na distention u too carry waka for school abi
you mean DISTINCTION. Check yourself before you correct others.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Davidblessing68(f): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Eric Holder?

you need call care to tell them this so they man up and pay the money simple ....
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Davidblessing68(f): 1:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Khan1993:
Isn't this what Barack Obama refer to as filibuster strategy in one of his books(AUDACITY OF HOPE). Since the commencement of this matter, MTN has been gaining ground. From the money being reduced to a shift in payment deadline. And i thought they have agreed to sought the matter out of court. And again bring a foreigner attorney is a slap on the face on our lawyers and if he(Eric holder) wins or get more favours for MTN, then its a shame on the country's judiciary.

it a big to Slap to Nigeria as Country
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by lonelydora: 5:03am On Feb 04, 2016
All I can say is, Na Buhari dey throne.

I blame NCC/FG for even reducing the fine to 3.9 billion.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:38am On Feb 04, 2016
optional1:
Y i go return d money wey MTN nah cheater, u no hw many tyms dy don cheat me ni
if i hear
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by optional1(f): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:
if i hear
Tnk God say u don see am read am nd hear am frm me. So no b only hear u hear am
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by omogidi234(m): 8:57am On Feb 04, 2016
urchbarbie:
he sure can come defend his client. he needs d express permission from d CJN

Many thanks for this. I will appreciate if I can lay my hands on the Act or Acts or possibly the sections of the LP Act that empowers the CJN on this.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by tinktanker: 9:05am On Feb 04, 2016
danidee10:

never had such with etisalat i don't know about airtel and glo.....but mtn ehnnnn...their own is too much and they also bombard users with annoying spammy messages

There was a day i finally put good use to Korede Bello's song Godwin when i got a message on my phone, as i was singing i don get alert o Godwin, i opened the Message and i saw Improve your English.........

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

THEY MUST PAY!!!!!!
Lol. I used etisalat n airtel o n i had to dump dem. Unnecessary advertisement calls just keeps coming in. N etisalat data was too expensive , airtel was too slow.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by inspiredlegal: 9:10am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=HungerBAD post=42583698]Eric Holder?

He can make a representation here, our law permits that, however with some flexible requirements.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by urchbarbie(f): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2016
omogidi234:

Many thanks for this. I will appreciate if I can lay my hands on the Act or Acts or possibly the sections of the LP Act that empowers the CJN on this.
section 2 (2) LPA. pls see d footnote in d attached pix for a decided case.

1 Like

Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by jamace(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Why is Nigeria govt afraid of MTN?

When Nigerian banks were fined, they paid sharp sharp. So, why is MTN allowed so much freedom to the extent of toying with our sovereignty?
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by omogidi234(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
urchbarbie:
section 2 (2) LPA. pls see d footnote in d attached pix for a decided case.
Many thanks.
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by urchbarbie(f): 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
omogidi234:

Many thanks.
yw
Re: MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine by akigbemaru: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
eRIC hOLDER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Share Bonus Data On Mtn / 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone / TECNO Announces Chris Evans As Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.