Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,249 members, 7,953,933 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life (10773 Views)

Redeemed Pastor Asks Congregation For A Sacrificial Offering Of £2,000 / Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. / RCCG Refutes Sacrificial Offering Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by RaphChiji: 2:07pm On May 15, 2016
greedy person spotted
Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 15, 2016
Worst heresy I have ever read!!!

The core of Christian life is self denial, sacrifice and giving.

If God could set an example by sacrificing his son for the world, and if Jesus could offer himself as a living sacrifice, then this thread is evil and misleading.

Even God desirous of teaching us through Abraham ordered him to sacrifice his only son, so OP what are you saying?

Study the writings of Leo Tolstoy, Thomas Aquinas, Paul, they all point to sacrifice.

He who doesn't give cannot receive, he who doesn't sacrifice cannot be fruitful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by Cavenchy(m): 3:04pm On May 15, 2016
Donpuzo:
Worst heresy I have ever read!!!

The core of Christian life is self denial, sacrifice and giving.

If God could set an example by sacrificing his son for the world, and if Jesus could offer himself as a living sacrifice, then this thread is evil and misleading.

Even God desirous of teaching us through Abraham ordered him to sacrifice his only son then OP what are you saying?

Even read the writing of Tolstoy, Thomas Aquinas, Paul, they all points to sacrifice.

He who doesn't give cannot receive, he who doesn't sacrifice cannot be fruitful.

Blessed art thou for the bolded for it is by spirit not by the world, that you have come to this wisdom. We are encouraged to not be of the world but of the spirit, they do not understand sacrifice is not entirely physical but spiritually motivated. The beauty of the Beatitudes is being attacked by the heretic doctrine of our separated brethren. We can only pray for them to come to the truth.

Mathew 25:34-40.
34“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.
Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by callJesu: 6:46pm On May 15, 2016
How did this topic make fp. Even the non Christians live sacrificially how much more Christians. This heresies have flooded many homes and have put many on the wrong path. Op did you remove Rom:12:1&2 from your Bible. Can you even disconnect the two. If truly the Holy Spirit lives in men then we should expect men to "Forsake all"... as Jesus said and also bring fruits. Op please repent from fake teachings oooo

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by mandtop: 8:13pm On May 15, 2016
OP... Just to mention...thanks to everyoe what has contributed.. And many thanks to those who have tried to put a balance to this....OP. .I believe you camp around the grace message a whole lot and have forgotten that GOD is no man you can bargain with... Rom 12:2 calls the sacrificial life my REASONABLE SERVICE to God... ...all I perceive is you trying to use god for your personal gains!!!! You forgotten the same Paul who preached grace is the same that said to Timothy to endure HARDNESS as a GOOD soldier of Christ.... I pray God heals you of this and everyone who bears such thoughts of USING GOD FOR ATTAINING CERTAIN GAINS IN LIFE.. shalom
Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by jsplive: 1:49pm On May 16, 2016
Op I'm sorry to inform you that you are not a Christian but, most likely, 1 of these 'embassy' boys parading around in exposing & indecent appearances, bringing & celebrating worldliness into the church with conscious or unconscious aim of killing or maiming serious minded Christians both in the church & the open society. If U are a Christian, U should have known that, the word 'Christian' stands for being like, living, believing or following Christ Jesus, while 'Christianity' are the separated race, group or members of the society doing, working, living or exhibiting the characteristics & lifestyle(s) of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what did the earthly life of the Lord Jesus Christ depicts?..SACRIFICIALLY LIVING & EVEN UP TO THE EXTENT OF DYING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEVER MERIT SUCH & HAVE NO POSSIBILITY OF PAYING BACK! Jehovah God created all things & eventually gave out all He'd made to man - TOTAL SACRIFICE - even after man lost his first license to oversee the creatures through disobedience, God still renew it by giving out His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, - ANOTHER SUPER SACRIFICE - as a matter of fact, almost, if not all the major figures in both old &new testaments of the Holy Bible, came into God's book of friendship & loud honour/divine celebrity through some form or kinds of uncommon, daring & most times, dangerous sacrificial steps or actions...Esther took dangerous self-sacrificial steps to save the Jewish race, Modecai, her uncle, made several suicidally sacrificial moves to prove his love & integrity towards God, the king & the entire Jewish nations, Mary the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ almost sacrificed her marriage but God proved His faithfulness & added universal recognition & honour to her marriage instead of merely known as carpenter's wife; well-known cases like that of Abraham, Hannah; the key secrets of Job's ever swelling wealth, righteousness & friendship with God, was his refusal to allow sin in his household by constantly making sin sacrifices & his deliberate resolve to, on daily basis, living sacrificially by giving out all it requires to feed, cloth & even house as many poor as possible in his city. The Shunnahmite woman who took care of Elijah, John the Baptist's life was a total sacrifice unto God from Elizabeth & Zechariah; the old widow in the synagogue where Jesus Christ went to teach got instant on-the-spot recognition & blessings for giving her last penny as offering unto God while many others, in their Pharisees pattern, brought out little from their much riches, just to mention but a few. Truth is, it is almost impossible to please God without practicing a wholehearted sacrificial lifestyle & it's obvious, this topic/post came from the pit of hell with an aim to kill, bring down, lame or cause readers to fall back to the world or lukewarmness so as to divert their hearts & attention from having or building relationships with God as their Father, pleasing Him as their owner/maker & doing His perfect will for their lives per time. How do U even worship God in Spirit & truth without first offering yourself out on the Altar of sacrifice & service unto God? The op had suddenly gone into silence & non of the questions or issues raised through comments were being responded to. Brothers & sisters in Christ, please beware! satan have ordained agents as ministers & planted them in most of the churches & even planting more new churches to rival the true churches & ministers of God with these kinds of heresies. Op, U urgently need to repent now or you'll have your place in hell fire regretting. thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by jiggaz(m): 7:41pm On May 16, 2016
jsplive:
Op I'm sorry to inform you that you are not a Christian but, most likely, 1 of these 'embassy' boys parading around in exposing & indecent appearances, bringing & celebrating worldliness into the church with conscious or unconscious aim of killing or maiming serious minded Christians both in the church & the open society. If U are a Christian, U should have known that, the word 'Christian' stands for being like, living, believing or following Christ Jesus, while 'Christianity' are the separated race, group or members of the society doing, working, living or exhibiting the characteristics & lifestyle(s) of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what did the earthly life of the Lord Jesus Christ depicts?..SACRIFICIALLY LIVING & EVEN UP TO THE EXTENT OF DYING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEVER MERIT SUCH & HAVE NO POSSIBILITY OF PAYING BACK! Jehovah God created all things & eventually gave out all He'd made to man - TOTAL SACRIFICE - even after man lost his first license to oversee the creatures through disobedience, God still renew it by giving out His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, - ANOTHER SUPER SACRIFICE - as a matter of fact, almost, if not all the major figures in both old &new testaments of the Holy Bible, came into God's book of friendship & loud honour/divine celebrity through some form or kinds of uncommon, daring & most times, dangerous sacrificial steps or actions...Esther took dangerous self-sacrificial steps to save the Jewish race, Modecai, her uncle, made several suicidally sacrificial moves to prove his love & integrity towards God, the king & the entire Jewish nations, Mary the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ almost sacrificed her marriage but God proved His faithfulness & added universal recognition & honour to her marriage instead of merely known as carpenter's wife; well-known cases like that of Abraham, Hannah; the key secrets of Job's ever swelling wealth, righteousness & friendship with God, was his refusal to allow sin in his household by constantly making sin sacrifices & his deliberate resolve to, on daily basis, living sacrificially by giving out all it requires to feed, cloth & even house as many poor as possible in his city. The Shunnahmite woman who took care of Elijah, John the Baptist's life was a total sacrifice unto God from Elizabeth & Zechariah; the old widow in the synagogue where Jesus Christ went to teach got instant on-the-spot recognition & blessings for giving her last penny as offering unto God while many others, in their Pharisees pattern, brought out little from their much riches, just to mention but a few. Truth is, it is almost impossible to please God without practicing a wholehearted sacrificial lifestyle & it's obvious, this topic/post came from the pit of hell with an aim to kill, bring down, lame or cause readers to fall back to the world or lukewarmness so as to divert their hearts & attention from having or building relationships with God as their Father, pleasing Him as their owner/maker & doing His perfect will for their lives per time. How do U even worship God in Spirit & truth without first offering yourself out on the Altar of sacrifice & service unto God? The op had suddenly gone into silence & non of the questions or issues raised through comments were being responded to. Brothers & sisters in Christ, please beware! satan have ordained agents as ministers & planted them in most of the churches & even planting more new churches to rival the true churches & ministers of God with these kinds of heresies. Op, U urgently need to repent now or you'll have your place in hell fire regretting. thanks.
lol i am not surprised at your write up, you have already condemned me to Hell Fire yet you claim to be a Christian. I pity most Nigerian Christians, all of you are Hypocrites!!! Except Christians that have accepted the Grace and The Finished Work of Christ. From your write up, you are still under the law of Moses, you are under bondage. Satan is dancing alingo with your destiny. You are under the new convenant yet mixing it with the Law, the Bible said you are ACCURSED!!! Go look for it in th book of Romans.

You said i am not a Christian that i am an agent of satan? lol who cares.... I dont seek for man's opinion but God's. I am a new creation, perfectly washed by the blood of Jesus, The very RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST. So who is that PHILISTINE that lay accusation against God's anointed? I pity you and your PHARISEE - KINDA - CHRISTIANS.... You people are the problem we have in Christiandom!!!!!! Making the Gospel hard for unbelievers to come to Christ. Trust me all of you will answer to Christ on the last day!!!!!

My memo to you PHARISEES masquerading as Christians is WHO MADE YOU A JUDGE OF WHO WILL MAKE HEAVEN? ARE YOU HEAVEN'S GATE KEEPER? Always forming holy yet you people commit the worst atrocities behind closed doors....... How dare you, a mortal like you tell me dat i will burn in Hell It is you and your generation that will burn in Hell... I care less about all your archaic opinion!!!! Christianity is a personal relationship with Christ not a religion.

NO MAN!!!! I REPEAT NO MAN HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY WHO WILL MAKE HEAVEN OR NOT!!! Cos if not for Christ's death on the Cross, nobody!!! i repeat nobody will make heaven!!! But thank God for the finished work of Christ!!! He has made me forever righteous before God!!!! Hallelujah!!!

Your Self righteous is a filthy rag before God!!! Salvation is a free gift from God...... So if Christianity is Work for you, that's your own damn business!!!! I walk with Christ and it is a sweet walk. My righteousness is not about what i do or do not do, but it is entirely on the FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST.... I AM God's Beloved!!!! RIGHT BELIEVING PRODUCES RIGHT LIVING!!! I BELIEVE IN THE SUPER ABOUNDING GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST!!! HE IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF MY FATE!!! I TRUST IN HIM ONLY. Your opinion do not matter MR PHARISEE!!!!!
Re: The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life by SenatorJames(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2016
A sacrificial life is the one that is impacting fellow human being positively, while a fruitful life is the one that is having positive impact on the kingdom of God.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Crossover Themes / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion / Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.