Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Aluminium Windows And Doors - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Aluminium Windows And Doors (18127 Views)

Best Of PVC And Aluminium Windows, Kitchen Handrail,n luxury gates And More / Roofing Of Your House And Aluminium Windows And Doors / Quality Delivery On Aluminium Windows,doors,railings Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dear all,
How much could I spend for aluminium windows and doors in a 2 bedroom house? I am building a 2 bedroom flat in Ikorodu, Lagos. I was given a quotation for N600,000.00 for 6 windows (rooms, sitting room and kitchen), 3 small windows (store room, toilet and bathroom). All doors and windows with burglary proof. Please tell me what you all think!
Thanks

DR
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by Plolly(f): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Should I tell my fiance to do the quotation for u
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 11:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
I will appreciate it.
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by mufutau55(m): 3:20am On Feb 04, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
Dear all,
How much could I spend for aluminium windows and doors in a 2 bedroom house? I am building a 2 bedroom flat in Ikorodu, Lagos. I was given a quotation for N600,000.00 for 6 windows (rooms, sitting room and kitchen), 3 small windows (store room, toilet and bathroom). All doors and windows with burglary proof. Please tell me what you all think!
Thanks
DR

What! 6 Windows for N600,000 that is N100,000 per window. Ripoff!
Post the sizes and quantity for your windows here and you will get a good price..
State wheiter you want Casement Windows or Sliding Windows.

@AdeEkiti
@Muyesky

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 5:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Thanks for your response. Details as follow:
a) Aluminium window size - 4 x 4.....6 pcs - for the 2 bedrooms, sitting room and kitchen.....quotation for N180,000.00
b) Window size - 2 x 2.....3 pcs - for the store and 2 bathrooms....................................... .quotation for N 30,000.00
c) Aluminium doors....6pcs @N21000/1.........................................................................quotation for N126,000.00
d) Aluminium net for the sitting room door.................................................................... quotation for N 15,000.00
e) Burglary proof for 2 doors (sizes 4 x 7 & 3 x 7) respectively...........................................quotation for N 76,000.00
f) Burglary proof for the windows (sizes shown above)......................................................quotation for N 56,500.00
g) Stainless railings for the balcony...7m long @N20,000/m...............................................quotation for N140,000.00
h) Another Aluminium window size 3 x 4 ....................................................................... quotation for N 18,000.00
h) Workmanship for construction of the balcony railings......................................................................N 25,000.00
Ground Total................................................................................................................................N666,500.00
PS: For the aluminium windows, doors, net and the burglary proof(s), the workmanship is included!
Thanks
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by Dieumerci(m): 7:28am On Feb 04, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
a) Aluminium window size - 4 x 4.....6 pcs - for the 2 bedrooms, sitting room and kitchen.....quotation for N180,000.00
b) Window size - 2 x 2.....3 pcs - for the store and 2 bathrooms....................................... .quotation for N 30,000.00
c) Aluminium doors....6pcs @N21000/1.........................................................................quotation for N126,000.00
d) Aluminium net for the sitting room door.................................................................... quotation for N 15,000.00
e) Burglary proof for 2 doors (sizes 4 x 7 & 3 x 7) respectively...........................................quotation for N 76,000.00
f) Burglary proof for the windows (sizes shown above)......................................................quotation for N 56,500.00
g) Stainless railings for the balcony...7m long @N20,000/m...............................................quotation for N140,000.00
h) Another Aluminium window size 3 x 4 ....................................................................... quotation for N 18,000.00
h) Workmanship for construction of the balcony railings......................................................................N 25,000.00
Ground Total................................................................................................................................N666,500.00
PS: For the aluminium windows, doors, net and the burglary proof(s), the workmanship is included!
Thanks

Pls state whether the windows are casement, sliding or projected.
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by NL1960: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
Thanks

I will advise that you get up to 5 different quotes and then compare. I always tell people that after the completion of the block work of a building, the chances of being cheated on the other stages is slim because you can easily get quotes from different vendors and compare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by emmadejust(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
Thanks

that's a considerable price for the listed dimension for windows,nets,burglary proof,aluminum doors and nets, and stainless rails per square mitre cost.
consider it, or or ask for discount.... but quality of works matters
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by mufutau55(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
Thanks

Your first message was misleading or false... You stated 6 windows for N600,000 this is more than 6 windows.
The first 6 windows above is N180,000 which is N30k each, reasonable for that size with casement and embedded burglary proof.
But get more quotations from others and compare. Also state if the above are casement or Sliding windows.
Please when you are seeking information be very descriptive of what you want or needed.
And your quotations above is not just for windows but for various works. Thank you.

Hajji M.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dear Hajji M & Co,

Many thanks for your time, responses and advice - highly appreciated!
It was after I demanded for explanation on how he arrived at the total that the he sent me details.
To be honest, he just told me doing aluminium windows ,doors and burglary proof will cost me N600,000.00
I was scared to my marrow! After my first visit here, I then demanded for the breakdown - that was when I posted it here this morning.
I am interested in the casement type. I hope I have made the right choice. However, I will appreciate if someone please advise me on the projected type.
Many thanks and God bless you all!

DR
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dear All,

Happy weekend to you all. I also wish everyone a happy Valentine day in advance!

I am back to ask for your help and advice on "SOAK-AWAY"

The bricklayer for the construction of the soak-away for my 2 bedroom house told me that I needed two: one for the toilet, and the second for the bathroom. As at today, after a week since he collected money and almost finish his work, he came up with another demand for digging another soak-away for the (waste) water from the kitchen. I demanded for explanation but could only apologized for not telling me from the beginning. I am really confused as at this stage. Could anyone kindly explain to me what is the right thing to do and if it is advisable to dig another separate soak-away for the (used) water from the kitchen. OR was it a ploy to charge me extra money for doing the same job?
Many thanks in advance for your advice!
DR
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by mufutau55(m): 3:34am On Feb 13, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
Dear All,
Happy weekend to you all. I also wish everyone a happy Valentine day in advance!
I am back to ask for your help and advice on "SOAK-AWAY"
The bricklayer for the construction of the soak-away for my 2 bedroom house told me that I needed two: one for the toilet, and the second for the bathroom. As at today, after a week since he collected money and almost finish his work, he came up with another demand for digging another soak-away for the (waste) water from the kitchen. I demanded for explanation but could only apologized for not telling me from the beginning. I am really confused as at this stage. Could anyone kindly explain to me what is the right thing to do and if it is advisable to dig another separate soak-away for the (used) water from the kitchen. OR was it a ploy to charge me extra money for doing the same job?
Many thanks in advance for your advice!
DR

It should only be two... One big one for the S-H-I-T (plastered inside).
And the second one for Water waste/Kitchen water etc... (not plastered and perforated holes for water to sink into ground)
I don't know what name (BAD) to give your Bricklayer o...
Don't let him turn you into a "Lollipop".

Note: Do a search for SOAK AWAY" in Nairaland here and see if anyone uses three soakaway for mere 2 Bedroom bungalow.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 5:43am On Feb 13, 2016
My dear Hajji M,

Thanks so much for your quick response and useful advise. God blessings to you and your household.

DR
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 5:46am On Feb 13, 2016
My Hajji M,

I meant to write useful advice! I am sorry for the typographic error!

DR
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by mufutau55(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2016
DoubleRoyal:
My Hajji M,
I meant to write useful advice! I am sorry for the typographic error!
DR

No problem Boss.. I quite understood...
I don't look for Grammar but intentions. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by DoubleRoyal: 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dear All,
Dear Hajji M.,

My 2 bedroom house has reached a plastering stage, and I would like to do the complete plastering of it and the fence as well. I got a workmanship charge for N250,000.00 (i.e. 2 bedroom house + complete fence inside out = N250,000.00)
PS: I am buying all the materials needed for the plastering.
Can I go ahead with it?

Thanks

DR
Re: Aluminium Windows And Doors by Harbsin1910: 8:43am On Jun 30, 2018
mufutau55:

What! 6 Windows for N600,000 that is N100,000 per window. Ripoff!
Post the sizes and quantity for your windows here and you will get a good price..
State wheiter you want Casement Windows or Sliding Windows.

@AdeEkiti
@Muyesky

Please can you give me a price quotation for the following aluminium casement window with-sliding net and frame fabricate with thick imported aluminium or the best material and also 5mm Glass
1500 X 1200- quantity-6
1200X 1200 - 7
1000 X 900—————- 4
600 X 700 — - - 6

My email address is - Harbsin1910@gmail.com

Thanks

Hajji M.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Rent In Plateau State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention / How I Was Defrauded Renting An Apartment In Lagos, My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.