Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job (20440 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / I Just Need A Better Paying Job Biko!!!! / 3 Steps To Get A High Paying Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by glosparkles(f): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
pls tell him u have a sister that wants to replace u.
shall I give u my phone number?
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by 6fit(f): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
oya gv me ur new job then

guy u are on point, d OP shuld choose one and advertise d other on NL let apply or better still PM me
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by jieta: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Eyekandi:
Tell him I'm your elder sister, hence he will like me too then , transfer the job to me.

Then go for your new better paying job.

Seriously, go for the better paying job undecided
jeez! how are u coping with ur drugs. being HIV patient is not d end of d world.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by eromspete(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Oga go for the 3x paying job. Be objective and make the switch. Many people saying to stay and grow will move sharply if they have similar opportunities.

Your current job will not pay you a monthly mount equal to 3x in 3 years per month.

When you are a few months in the current job, bills will start accumulating and i'm sure you have goals and future plans.

SO BE OBJECTIVE AND TAKE THE NEW JOB, DEVELOP A SIMILAR CORDIAL WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR NEW BOSS AND YOU'LL BE FINE.

I can factually tell you that your salary right now will not grow 3x in 3 years if you continue your current job. Reason is companies will only increase your pay to a max of 12% per year (that's if you're even exceptional).

prico32:
Hi Nlanders, I finished service few months ago & all through my period of staying at home I applied for quite a number of jobs.

As God will have it I was invited for a job interview, went successful & I got the job. I have been working for a month now & everyday my boss just complements how I am the person for this job they have been searching for & he's quite friendly to me.

Just few days back, one of the many jobs I applied for during my days of staying home invited me for an interview which also was successful & I was offered a job, this new job salary is like 3times my present job salary.

I've created a good relationship with my boss, really don't k ow how to tell him I'm leaving just a month of working with him. Please I need your advice, what should I do in this situation?

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by mamaafrik(m): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
Subtly ask ur some of ur ogas wat they'll do sincerely if faced wit such decision,i can see u havnt married and if u had den u hvnt told ur madam at home,............ beta still u can write a leta of deferrement to d the former organisation and take the new job
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Tell the oga say u wan travel for two weeks. Go test run the new job and you can now decide on the better. But I believe the 3X is better. However, don't forget to check the company's profile well, so you don't jump into a company that emanated from #dasukigate grin

1 Like

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Acidosis(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nobody will pay you 3 times your current offer for a job you won't make progress.

Experience is everywhere; if people get experience by volunteering, why won't you develop in a firm with higher offer?

You won't be paid for doing nothing. Go for the new offer, get your money and get experience.

3 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Kgdavid(m): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:
Hi Nlanders, I finished service few months ago & all through my period of staying at home I applied for quite a number of jobs.

As God will have it I was invited for a job interview, went successful & I got the job. I have been working for a month now & everyday my boss just complements how I am the person for this job they have been searching for & he's quite friendly to me.

Just few days back, one of the many jobs I applied for during my days of staying home invited me for an interview which also was successful & I was offered a job, this new job salary is like 3times my present job salary.

I've created a good relationship with my boss, really don't k ow how to tell him I'm leaving just a month of working with him. Please I need your advice, what should I do in this situation?

Have an honest discussion with your current boss. Perhaps he might increase your pay.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
Op you wanted something better that was why you went for the interview "some days back" now that you have it do not let your emotions becloud your judgement. Think with your head and not your heart, goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by king1234: 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
ask your self this question-if your current boss sees someone who is 3 times cheaper than you and as productive as you do you think he will think twice about not firing you.

Your goal in life is to futher your gains, Always put your self first above any company.

I once had a boss almost come to tears when I was leaving did not care one bit. Your goals and gains should always be number 1 never any company you dont own.

1 Like

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by LaExpert: 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Stanley4E:
Open up to ur present boss abt this development and tell him how confused you are. He might reason with you and decide to Tripple your salary tongue

...and he could triple it and then lay him off after 2months; when the other offer must have lapsed.

Just like what someone spoke of on the front-page earlier today.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by kaybext(m): 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
Even ur boss kno! It is normal for a man to progress.......no boss will feel good that his good worker is leaving but a boss that really want yu will alwys b ready to meet ur demand. Man need to be selfish @times to grow in life cos every employer is ready to use n dumb u wen u dnt meet the company need anymore.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by ojuolu(m): 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
Op, we are all like sharks, circling the water, looking for traces of blood. Do not let emotions and sentiment becloud your reasoning. Look at the present job and the new offer critically. It is not about pay packets alone, the condition of service, the welfare, the growth potentials etc are parameters that should help you reach an informed decision. It is neither too early nor too late to change jobs. Just look before you leap. If the pasture is greener on the other side without traps and servitude attached, Have an honest one on one with your boss, if moving on is better for you, please do. But ensure the new offer letter is with you already before resigning.
Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Bluffly: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

I will advise you pray first with a man God who can advise you spiritually. You joy may lie where you are now though other may also be what God is been preparing for you but pray first. Very important
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by princeFAD: 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Guy, if you get a better offer,move on. Dont pity any company. If it happens that they dont need tomorrow, they wont think twice before firing you. Do what is best for your career without thinking of how your boss would say of action. Read this thread below to learn more lesson

https://www.nairaland.com/2911954/wanted-resign-did-not-two

1 Like

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

You got a point though
bruv he got no point.loyalty is everyfin.ur boss likes u,u like ur job.wat about u go for d new job and after a month they sack u(God forbid) wat would u do?bruv u don't no if this ur present job is wat is gonna make u bigger.money is important,but money is not every fin.d ball is in ur court tou.cheers
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Stanley4E(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
LaExpert:

...and he could triple it and then lay him off after 2months; when the other offer must have lapsed.

Just like what someone spoke of on the front-page earlier today.
Don't you think in his new job they might likely lay him off after 2months as-well?
At least the dude has got himself indispensable in his present job, with good rapport with his Boss who might likely consider improving his salary or give him a better offer. Relationship to me is key and this dude has sealed that. The boss sef in this his new place might be one Hitler undecided
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by saintnegroid(m): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kai, see job miss road, go and tell your boss right now that you are leaving for a better job, if he so much value the relationship like you said, he will increase your salary times 3 so as to keep you and the relationship
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by duality(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Some persons will tell you to stay in a job with annoying salary to build your career. even when you won't be able to save money to write a professional exam from the salary. How the heck do you want to build the damn career?
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Damayor12(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
A company that would risk 3times pay on a Fresh-out-of-Nysc staff means they know what they're doing, and you will most definitely be be made to work that money off... which is good for your entry level status (the experience)... in a few months, you'll save some money, may be sponsored for professional certificates, network and meet with even the best of the best..
You have to understand that Nigerians employers value cheap labour, who wouldnt? Your current boss Values his business over you, and trust me, if you try to do anything asides his plan, he;ll cut you off in a flash.

Asides that, if the new job for example, is a 150k job with some microfinance bank, and your current one is a 50k job with KPMG, you had rather stay with your current job(KPMG),.. Asides that?! Leave!!!

You are your priority!

2 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by playtheblues(f): 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
That same boss that is all goodie goodie with you can become very mean tomorrow if he finds you wanting in anything.

Go for the job with 3x the salary of your present job.

Better still, take a casual leave from your present job, go for your new job, after about 3 days you should be able to compare the two jobs.

Best of luck.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by toprealman: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
No sentiment in biz. If your present is a one man biz....just be blunt, tell him u got a job with a better prospect!
When the guy gets someone willing to go half your present pay, he will force you out.
CHOOSE ONE With more structure ONE WHERE U CAN GROW....ONE THAT YOUR INNER MAN LONGS FOR.

Typical example of how employers treat top staff
www.nairaland.com/2911954/wanted-resign-did-not-two
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
You will end up like Faleke, when you poshuuu two thing at a time you will end up having none..... receive sense to thank God for what you have at hand now.
prico32:

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by afoo02(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Just go meet him and tell him u got a better paying job and you have someone you knw Dat will replace you immediately. Wen u do Dat, pm me. cool
. Can you be trusted?
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by kings5000: 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

Am facing same prmblem also. I left Nigeria sometimes last year in search for greener pastures and I landed in one of the countries in south east Asia.i was here for 6month bfor I finally secured a job that is paying 800$ per month but as soon as I got the job barely one month into the Job a friend of mine living in UK called me and ask me to come over to UK that I will get beta paying jobs there.now am confused wether to leave my current job in Asia n go to Europe.i need advise please

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by emzila(m): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

first of all, assess your future prospect working with any of the companies, if they are both ok, then give your new employer like one or two weeks ahead of the day he wants you to resume, tell him u just need the week to round up an assignment on your desk, this will help you to know whether the new team you about to join has listening ears or not. if he agrees, then meet your boss and discuss with him one on one, let him know you have applied for this job before now and it comes with better offer. success
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by idu1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nicepoker(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Just go meet him and tell him u got a better paying job and you have someone you knw Dat will replace you immediately. Wen u do Dat, pm me. cool
pm u for what. The guy na my cousin o. Na me go replace am.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Iffffffy(f): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
Patented:
3 times ur current salary...............where does the confusion arise?
I wonder o
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by idu1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
I think your head is not correct.....
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by bigerboy200: 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Go for the new Job..there is nothing like loyalty in d professional world..Same Boss u r feeling bad to disappoint could be the same boss to sign ur "sack letter " wen thingz go stormy..

2 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dude, if they both match your career expectation, pls, take the new job. Save as much as you can, start developing your own ideas. The reality is that same boss that complements you now will not think twice before he sacks you when there is a problem.
Garner experience, knowledge and be your own boss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Channels TV 2019 Job Recruitment / Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m / Just Got A Job.. Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.