Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues (945 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
I know Christians are expected to speak in tongues as a sign of the holy ghost baptism. But what exactly does speaking in tongues entail? Is it an Hausa man speaking French he never learnt or a French speaking Igbo he never learnt?
Or is it the usual "roborobo shekere abracadabra" that no one understands even the one that speaks it?
Please help clarify.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by seyoops4u: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
I know Christians are expected to speak in tongues as a sign of the holy ghost baptism. But what exactly does speaking in tongues entail? Is it an Hausa man speaking French he never learnt or a French speaking Igbo he never learnt?
Or is it the usual "roborobo shekere abracadabra" that no one understands even the one that speaks it?
Please help clarify.
Sis/madam whichever one....

The language is a mystery no one can explain it to you and you speaking you can never know what you are saying and you can never hear yourself when speaking because it's not you, but the Holy Spirit in you. You can't learn it either but if truly you have the holy spirit in you. You'll be able to speak and also discern if someone else is speak the right thing.

Seems you've not been baptised by the Holy Spirit whilst you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

Thor, I yaf help ur ministry because it seems no one has answers/comments on this thread for God knws when sha.
Allzwell.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues by sonofthunder: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2016
For from the rising of the sun to its setting My name shall be great among the nations, and in every place incense shall be offered to My name, and indeed a pure offering; for My name shall be great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by sonofthunder: 10:38am On Jun 29, 2016
it's speaking in the utterance given to you by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
seyoops4u:

Sis/madam whichever one....

The language is a mystery no one can explain it to you and you speaking you can never know what you are saying and you can never hear yourself when speaking because it's not you, but the Holy Spirit in you. You can't learn it either but if truly you have the holy spirit in you. You'll be able to speak and also discern if someone else is speak the right thing.

Seems you've not been baptised by the Holy Spirit whilst you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

Thor, I yaf help ur ministry because it seems no one has answers/comments on this thread for God knws when sha.
Allzwell.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

@op This Is What Happen When Christians Don't Read Their Bible But Are Being Deceived By Their Pastor Blabling Rubbish @U Go and Read Ur Bible Apostle Paul Talked More On This Issue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There Biblical Record Of Prophets After The Death Of Jesus? / Suprise Donation / Atheist, You Can't Debunk/dispute This (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.