Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement (41430 Views)

Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / Zimbabwean Teen Commits Suicide After Sister Caught Her Sleeping With Her Man / Ghanaian Police Officer Commits Suicide After She Was Dumped By Her Fiancé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by dre11(m): 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
A taxi driver has committed suicide in Akwa Ibom State after the Supreme Court upheld the governorship election of Udom Emmanuel.

A taxi driver identified simply as Etefia , has allegedly committed suicide in Akwa Ibom State after the Supreme Court
upheld the election of Governor Udom Emmanuel of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), flooring the All Progressive Congress (APC), Umanah Okon Umanah , who had challenged the initial victory of the governor.

According to witnesses, Etefia who hailed from Oron Local Government Area of the state, had supported Umana over Emmanuel and had told all his friends that the apex court uphold the Appeal Court's decision for a rerun and he was so sure Umanah would floor the incumbent governor.

But Etefia's shock, the Supreme Court upheld Emmanuel's election on February 3, and suddenly, the tide was turned and he became the butt of mockery from his friends and colleagues.

A fellow taxi driver narrated the situation:
"It all started as a joke, as his friends were mocking him for supporting a loser. Etefia was very silent and left in anger for his house and we thought that would be the end of the whole thing, only for us to realise that he had used a rope to hang himself.

Imagine killing yourself for people who don't even know you. I only pity his family because to me, I see that as stupidity," the colleague concluded.

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/udom-emmanuel-taxi-driver-commits-suicide-after-supreme-court-judgement-id4647713.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by HungerBAD: 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Huh?

This state and deaths. Yesterday the Governor shared One Million,and a woman died trying to get her share.

Today the Governor won at the Court,another took his life?tomorrow I am sure somebody will die and somehow be linked to this man.

I have read the stories of Angels of Death,and how they carry deaths with them,but actually did not know they existed in real life.

This PDP Governor should not visit my State ohhh, please remain in Akwa Ibom.

12 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by pyyxxaro: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Even Devil would be embarrassed @this man's action

Sai Liar Mohammed

Sai Burantashi

Sai Umanah

More Elbow to ur grease cry

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Elosky20: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Suicide is man's way of telling God "You Can't Fire Me - I Quit"

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Sanchez01: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
I'm suspecting he gambled/placed a bet with someone. If not, how does one explain a "commoner" ending his own life over a Supreme Court verdict It doesn't add up in any way. APC stalwarts both on Twitter and Nairaland did not even go thirsty over the decision of the Supreme Court, why then should someone put an end to his own life?undecided

I don't blame the man though, "Supreme Court for Hire" is at fault!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by neweraomo: 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ok..on to the next one

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by brownjulie(f): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
like seriously? shocked I really find this hard to believe. I think something else killed that man,that's if there is any truth in this story

9 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lol for that Taxi Driver.
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Jediel1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
Some nigerians and gullibility are like rice and beans

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
OK ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
This is serious. Stupidity of the highest order. May God comfort the bereaved family.

CHECK/CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR THE LATEST QUALITY STONE COATED ROOFING TILES/PROJECTS.
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by allanphash7(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lie of the century

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Bigpicture(f): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Er hmmmm! I think R.I.P will do
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by LordAdam: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abeg nairalanders, with this news I am very concerned about the wellbeing of Omenka, Passingshot, NgeneUkwenu, modath and the other APC zombies oh. Abeg make una no kill unasef ooo, GEJ lost and the wailers are waxing strong, make una jor tk heart. After the reggae play the ...

In other news, diz guy wen die so, na instant employment Devil go give am oo. Na to work for Department of Lies, e no go need CV, na special recommendation.

RIP to the guy sha.

-Lord

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
e pain am.... grin

gringringringringringringringringringrin
gringringringringringringringringringrin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by nikkiking(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
grin grin welcome to hell madafurka cheesy

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by funmilade4real(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Were re ooo
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by obailala(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
The matter should be thoroughly investigated, the man was murdered.

6 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by sunnyuche1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
some nights I imagine how it feels to commit suicide cry

make una no mind me, just listening to 'Fun- some nights'.
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Just like that? SMH
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by chynie: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
a
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by KINGwax007(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lies from the red-soiled-erosion-ridden land!
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by ril19(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dat one concern am. i just hope the mofo dropped enough money and properties for his family to live on before taking his life shamefully.

coward!

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by OnankpaBa(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
end time
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Fourwinds: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
hmmmmm.. Ogan pele
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Waleed3G: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Una na village people get the work
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by chudyboy05(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
I can never delete myself from this world unless it's my time. Life is sweet whether money dey or not. Let's live life ;stop self suicide

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
I can't really throw jibes at him.
He was only trying to end his pain. Not life.
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by yemmight(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
You don't commit suicide on issues like this. A taxi Driver at least you got a life. If the rulings favours Umana, you might even suffer the more because his programmes might not favour you. For those that are still planning to commit suicide think twice. Irrespective of the Government ruling us, believe in God that you will always have breakthrough, no matter how hard.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by kobonaire(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
What?? There must have been some other underlying cause that led him to do that.
RIP

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by Billygee2u: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Jediel1:
Some nigerians and gullibility are like rice and beans
Re: Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement by BTT(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
Well, it is the tragedy of our race.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bus Drivers Kill LASTMA Officer, Beat Colleague To A Coma / 58-Year-Old Woman Raped And Murdered In Calabar (Photos) / Ten Reasons Nigerian Youths Shouldn't Engage In Fraud (yahoo Yahoo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.