Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? (977 Views)

Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by spiritualneed: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello. I am a 17 year old male. I am really strong in the faith of God. I am struggling with a feeling. I know for a fact that what i feel between me and this girl is love. I asked God if she is the one for me. I got no. I said alright and I told the girl what I felt from god. She was upset but seemed to understand that this wasn't me. I asked God if I knew who my wife was as of right now and he said yes. I asked about every individual girl in my life. I kept getting no over and over. Until I got to this other girl. I don't know if god said yes then but I believe He is saying Yes but I'm not sure. This is the part I'm struggling with. This girl is not very attractive to me. I dont like how she looks. She's cute but I just don't like her. Her body isn't the best. She isn't really funny. She's not outgoing. Versus the previous she is nothing to me. I still love this previous girl. She is very attractive, smart, kind, funny, and frankly makes me feel happy with life. I'm always laughing with this girl. I ask God if there is some sort of way that I may be able to marry her rather than this girl. I'm hurting bad. I'll literally give anything in my life to marry her. I would give anything to her. I get really close to giving up every once and a while and just settle with this girl. But then I see a verse that tells me not to give up or a verse that tells me that god will give me what my heart desires. It's killing me. I really do love this girl. Does anyone have any advice for me.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
How did God supposedly tell you "yes" or "No". Is it through a dream? A Pastor/prophet? An angel? heard a voice? How do you know whatever you got as a response came from God?

You need to indicate that in the first place, before we can move on and give you our views.

4 Likes

Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by khristals(m): 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
*Your an African, Nigerian probably
*Your 17 fvcking years old!

.. how the fvck can u be discussing marriage with God shocked

oga go read your books angry

3 Likes

Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by spiritualneed: 12:01am On Feb 05, 2016
Sorry. I get thoughts, not voices. The thoughts God gives me are louder than my thoughts. Its not easy to explain. but that's the truth. And I'm a 17 white male, who is looking for commitment. I'm not like most guys. I have said anything against anyone please don't be rude to me.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 05, 2016
spiritualneed:
Sorry. I get thoughts, not voices. The thoughts God gives me are louder than my thoughts. Its not easy to explain. but that's the truth. And I'm a 17 white male, who is looking for commitment. I'm not like most guys. I have said anything against anyone please don't be rude to me.
I had no intention to be rude. We should always be nice and kind to our neighbor.

You are 17. You are still quite young. Don't rush to say God told you to marry this lady and not this other one. God is a mystery, and he is certainly not what most religious leaders describe him to be.

In my sensing, it is always better to follow your intuition/heart than religious sayings and experiences. If you genuinely love a girl and the girl genuinely loves you, then there is a basis for a true relationship. Mariage is not in my sensing a religious institution but a union based on true mutual love and recognition of the laws of God. True love here means the commitment to make the other one happy even at one's own expenses.

Don't close your heart to true love, because of some religious experience. It is my opinion, you should feel free to reject it, if it does not resonate within you as true or in accord with God.

Best wishes
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by spiritualneed: 12:37am On Feb 05, 2016
Oh I wasn't talking about you being rude. Thank you for your offered wisdom. I understand I am young. I don't want to have to run around while I'm older looking for a date. I just wonder would God get upset at me if I tell him that I would not like to marry this girl of his choice and then send me to Hell. Because while I am willing to sacrifice anything physical for her I am not willing to sacrifice my soul for this girl.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 05, 2016
spiritualneed:
Oh I wasn't talking about you being rude. Thank you for your offered wisdom. I understand I am young. I don't want to have to run around while I'm older looking for a date. I just wonder would God get upset at me if I tell him that I would not like to marry this girl of his choice and then send me to Hell. Because while I am willing to sacrifice anything physical for her I am not willing to sacrifice my soul for this girl.
Hello.

God does not send people to hell. And even if he did, it would not be over an issue of getting married to this lady instead of another one. God is not a despot dictator that gets angry because you did not turn yourself into a mumu slave like obedient. God expects you to think, analyse examine and discern. You are to make your own choices on the basis of the purity and love in your heart, and reap the fruits of those choices.

Don't choose a lady because a thought you consider to be divine told u. Then when you will be confronted with difficulties, you will likely turn and blame God. Make your own choices, examining everything with your heart/intuition. Above all, learn to keep your heart pure and filled with love.

This is my opinion and you are free to examine it, and if it does not sounds true in your heart, reject it.

Greetings.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 05, 2016
am sensing a cognitive dissonance here..
religion has really damaged our youths..

wait op.. u really want to marry at 17?
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by oluwalfa: 7:20am On Feb 05, 2016
Hormones are mysterious things cheesy

When I was 17 I had lots of girlfriends, hahaha, and no doG spoke to me or barked any orders on which one to marry.

Do your girlfriends know you are hearing voices? Tell them and ask them to ask god whom they should marry. You may be surprised to learn that tricky god will tell them different answers to what he told you.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by spiritualneed: 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
Thank ya'll your answers have really allowed me to look at this whole situation from another viewpoint. I am aware that hormones may be playing a part in this but I am sure the feelings that i have for the girl i "like" is more than just a physical attraction. Our souls are bonded tightly already. It just makes sense to me to marry her.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 06, 2016
spiritualneed:
Thank ya'll your answers have really allowed me to look at this whole situation from another viewpoint. I am aware that hormones may be playing a part in this but I am sure the feelings that i have for the girl i "like" is more than just a physical attraction. Our souls are bonded tightly already. It just makes sense to me to marry her.
I personally recognized the woman I was to marry while I was very young Not far from 17 actually. It is not impossible, especially if one is an advanced soul, not looking only for sex and physical beauty but with some spiritual faculties opened.

Nonetheless it is in my perception an escape to claim that God told u to marry this one rather than another. God himself speaks rarely to humans, for we shall not comprehend. It is usually spirit guides that distillate thoughts in our conscience. An even in that case they do not replace our free will.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by kazyhm(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2016
tell me its a joke
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by kazyhm(m): 8:37am On Feb 06, 2016
spiritualneed:
spiritualneed:
spiritualneed:

honestly speaking, I don't understand what this. " I just wonder would God get upset at me if I tell him that I would not like to marry this girl of his choice and then send me to Hell " mean
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by mayorall(m): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2016
kabiesi o mo se iba re , oba to ju gbogbo oba lo.

Go on your knees

Bow at his feet

Worship him

He will reveal all to you . But make sure you don't build idols in your heart ( initial decisions).
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by spiritualneed: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
kazyhm:
honestly speaking, I don't understand what this. " I just wonder would God get upset at me if I tell him that I would not like to marry this girl of his choice and then send me to Hell " mean

I mean if I marry this girl that I love and not the girl that God has told me to marry, would He get upset and send me to hell. I try to be open hearted but I just don't want to love this other girl. They both are godly women and are really nice. Just the girl I love seems to be a better choice than this other girl.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by God2man(m): 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
@op, 17, I think you should wait.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
spiritualneed:
Hello. I am a 17 year old male. I am really strong in the faith of God. I am struggling with a feeling. I know for a fact that what i feel between me and this girl is love. I asked God if she is the one for me. I got no. I said alright and I told the girl what I felt from god. She was upset but seemed to understand that this wasn't me. I asked God if I knew who my wife was as of right now and he said yes. I asked about every individual girl in my life. I kept getting no over and over. Until I got to this other girl. I don't know if god said yes then but I believe He is saying Yes but I'm not sure. This is the part I'm struggling with. This girl is not very attractive to me. I dont like how she looks. She's cute but I just don't like her. Her body isn't the best. She isn't really funny. She's not outgoing. Versus the previous she is nothing to me. I still love this previous girl. She is very attractive, smart, kind, funny, and frankly makes me feel happy with life. I'm always laughing with this girl. I ask God if there is some sort of way that I may be able to marry her rather than this girl. I'm hurting bad. I'll literally give anything in my life to marry her. I would give anything to her. I get really close to giving up every once and a while and just settle with this girl. But then I see a verse that tells me not to give up or a verse that tells me that god will give me what my heart desires. It's killing me. I really do love this girl. Does anyone have any advice for me.
i bet you after 10yrs you'll understand y God says "NO"

You'ar still a kid at 17yrs, u better face ur book or career and stop lusting after that girl for that is not love but "lust and infatuation" i've been in that level before.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by spiritualneed: 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
stardragon:
i bet you after 10yrs you'll understand y God says "NO"

You'ar still a kid at 17yrs, u better face ur book or career and stop lusting after that girl for that is not love but "lust and infatuation" i've been in that level before.

I really am sure that i love this girl. To me there is more than just physical attraction such as lust. I really miss this girl if we are apart. She is more physically attractive that the other girl. I find her happier, funnier, and she makes me smile much more than this other girl. I pray and I tell god that I want the girl (ill call her B). He tells me to give it to him. I do give it to him. Then I get this reoccurring feeling that I'm not going to marry this girl and I get terrified. I hate this so much. I know for a fact that I would sacrifice anything for this girl. I just don't want God to say no. The other girl, who I'm afraid that I have to marry (I'll call her E), is just not as attractive to me (in more than just physical way) than B. I cannot imagine my life without B. I'm not willing however to lose my soul over anyone. How is it that God could give me someone less that B. I heard that God will take things away from people only to give them something better. I want to live the life that God has for me, but I'm terrified that I'm not going to be able to marry B.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 07, 2016
spiritualneed:
I really am sure that i love this girl. To me there is more than just physical attraction such as lust. I really miss this girl if we are apart. She is more physically attractive that the other girl. I find her happier, funnier, and she makes me smile much more than this other girl. I pray and I tell god that I want the girl (ill call her B). He tells me to give it to him. I do give it to him. Then I get this reoccurring feeling that I'm not going to marry this girl and I get terrified. I hate this so much. I know for a fact that I would sacrifice anything for this girl. I just don't want God to say no. The other girl, who I'm afraid that I have to marry (I'll call her E), is just not as attractive to me (in more than just physical way) than B. I cannot imagine my life without B. I'm not willing however to lose my soul over anyone. How is it that God could give me someone less that B. I heard that God will take things away from people only to give them something better. I want to live the life that God has for me, but I'm terrified that I'm not going to be able to marry B.
God see's the future from the past He know's you more than you knw urself, He can't give you what'll become a stumbling block to you in future. Read Jer 1:5.

But you'ar still very young to be conscious of marriage now!
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by Peritus(m): 1:02am On Feb 07, 2016
Op, with my personal experience I'll tell you that your priorities are misplaced. Everything has its time, so allow time to do it's job. Your worst nightmare may begin when you will tell a gal that u will marry her just because u heard a voice, or u felt smth beyond physical. I dated my first babe for four years without sex. I felt something supernatural and beyond sexual during the four years. We nearly had a covenant, in fact we did, though inform of mutual promise.
Now, I still laugh at my naivety then. The truth is that we worry more about future neglecting the present. Try and get rid of all false emotional bonding that are eroding your rationality. If you love Smbdy, show her pure love while ur limits are maintained. When it's time, pray to God and he will direct you, don't preempt him. Warning! don't conclude that someone is your wife yet...remember, messages don't come only from God.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by timilehing(m): 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
God gave Adam Eve to marry & he later blamed God for it. I'm not sure if God has forced any other person to marry. Go choose your wife yourself
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by sparklekay(f): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
......@spiritual head.Not to sound judgemental,but since you said you are 17yrs,I have some question s for you:

1)Do you have a PERSONAL relationship with God? (aside from going to church,do you have personal prayers,fast &pray,read the scriptures privately?)

2)Are your FINANCIALLY independent?..(ie can you cope with the finances coupled with marriage?...do you have a GOOD job that comes with a steady pay?)

3) Are you emotionally independent to LEAD another human being? - your wife & kids (since you will be the Head of the home).

4)Are you willing to deal with your weaknesses whenever the time arises?

5)Do you know what MARRIAGE is all about?...physically,spiritually etc.(Have you done personal research on marriage?)

So far,these are the questions I can remember for now.If you have sufficient positives for these questions,then you are probably mature for marriage.As humans,dating(courtship), isn't a bad thing,for as long as fornication isn't involved.You said dat God told you "no" for some,& there's someone dat God is saying "yes" to,& you are disappointed.Remember,God doesn't work with our standards : beauty,education,manners,etc.God sees through the heart.The "beautiful" girl you like might be a satanic agent sent to pull you down,while the "ugly" one you despise might actually be with the best character.You just have to know if it's truly God talking to you or not.you don't want to make mistakes in life.Remember, "Not all that glitters is gold".
Besides,because God is showing(or tellling) you that she's to be your wife,doesnt mean you should marry her immediately,or start sleeping with her.You can date her.Be friends with her,until whenever you are financially (& emotionally) ready to marry her.Don't judge her by her looks,& give the friendship a try.

P.S : STOP making a human being your god (idolatry).what makes you think dat you can't live without her?...pls stop this fear.The devil uses fear to trap Christians. Put your trust in God!...go to school,get a good job,be closer to God,improve on yourself,etc....And when you are ready to be married talk to God. For a man,17 yrs is too young for one to get married.But if you've accomplished all dat you are supposed to do, financially & otherwise at age 24 & above,then you can ho ahead & get married.

This is the age dating/courtship(without fornication),while building yourself.
Re: Can God Allow You To Marry Anyone? by kazyhm(m): 11:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
spiritualneed:

I mean if I marry this girl that I love and not the girl that God has told me to marry, would He get upset and send me to hell. I try to be open hearted but I just don't want to love this other girl. They both are godly women and are really nice. Just the girl I love seems to be a better choice than this other girl.

I guess you have a PhD in theology
I still can't connect with your grammar, which of the bibles did you used for your thesis ?
#lovechristienity. they get confuse with their punchlines too often
the same "God" that gives you free will, wants to punish you for using it ?
but wait, you mean your "God" works in Hell ?

the good news is, you will be on high table in hell if you divorce her abi ?

(1) (Reply)

Every Few Months, Somebody Opens A Thread To Tell Us They've Turned Atheist / Is It Right For Your Tithe To Be Recorded In A Book By Your Church? / The Nigerian Church Has Missed It!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.