Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (36439 Views)

Members Carrying Their Pastor While Preaching (Video, Photo) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / T.B. Joshua Is Too Small To Allow Someone Speak Against Men Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 9:42am On Jul 10, 2016
I have heard many cases of God's word preachers who have been killed, slaughtered and brutally mutilated while preaching or on other duties in respect to biblical God's commandment. Many were burnt alive while withing the church premises praying and praising God, many captured and were easily slaughtered, many were captured within their own house, raped and eventually killed and many more cases like that.

Seriously, all these occurrences left me with one critical question that has been dominating my mind for years, that why would God keep silent while such horrific murder is being unleashed on his consistent servant ? Why can't God, weather spiritually or physically, prevent such tragedy, to at least encourage other worshipers and consolidate the believe that God is truly mighty as it is being claimed. Preventing such tragedy, to me, has the efficacy of preventing many people from waking up one day and start thinking at all weather God exist or not.
Should we say our so called popular pastors, knows that there is no divine assistance they can enjoy while facing assassinating temptation and that is why most of them move all around with sophisticated security outfit...

I beg, rational whosiper should come to my rescue in answering this question ooo...

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2016
As in eh...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3951072_agnosticquotes6_jpegd966c601397b8bc447dfe622bfc0f7e8

That's the same questions I started asking my self some times back. Bokoharam will enter a church (house of God) and kill innocent lives worshiping God, and that God is there folding his arms?... I dey laugh.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by UndisputedBosom(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2016
Take your cry elsewhere "attention seeker".

There is a better life after this wicked one we are living now and is called "paradise" besides they only killed her body and not her soul which is the most important one wink

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2016
God cannot be held responsible for the actions of man.

He cannot force man to act a certain way because it is the right way. . Free will.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

There is a better life after this wicked one we are living now and is called "paradise" besides they only killed her body and not her soul which is the most important one wink

Attention seeker ke !!! Answer ma question joor, who has ever gone outside this world ( by death ) and come back to know there is better life out there...

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:

He cannot force man to act a certain way because it is the right way. . Free will.

Since he gave men free will to do anything they like, then there is no sin in killing or do anything what so ever as long as it suits u

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by ouigy99(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2016
Be there blaming God...... Is it not the government that is meant to provide security and protect the lives of its citizens through the various security forces?

7 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2016
He gave us free will, yes
The freedom he gave us is the ability to choose to do what is right.
But unfortunately, some people misuse this freedom he gave us, and they instead perpetrate evil.
tayooluwole:

Since he gave men free will to do anything they like, then there is no sin in killing or do anything what so ever as long as it suits u

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by bigmeechfilms(m): 10:36am On Jul 10, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

the way africans talk about the white man's religion like their forefathers where there wen it all happened.with all the holy holy plz name one great african nation.south africa where i live is good cos of the white ppl here if not it will b another failed black country.we blacks need to sit down and think.i dont believe in any other religion other than african religion.b4 u say sh*t about god punishing me.i am comfortably living good.i wonder how gullible Nigerians are when i watch all this pastors misbehave and see blacks like me falling for this useless nollywood acts

60 Likes 12 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Dragonking: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have heard many cases of God's word preachers who have been killed, slaughtered and brutally mutilated while preaching or on other duties in respect to biblical God's commandment. Many were burnt alive while withing the church premises praying and praising God, many captured and were easily slaughtered, many were captured within their own house, raped and eventually killed and many more cases like that.

Seriously, all these occurrences left me with one critical question that has been dominating my mind for years, that why would God keep silent while such horrific murder is being unleashed on his consistent servant ? Why can't God, weather spiritually or physically, prevent such tragedy, to at least encourage other worshipers and consolidate the believe that God is truly mighty as it is being claimed. Preventing such tragedy, to me, has the efficacy of preventing many people from waking up one day and start thinking at all weather God exist or not.
Should we say our so called popular pastors, knows that there is no divine assistance they can enjoy while facing assassinating temptation and that is why most of them move all around with sophisticated security outfit...

I beg, rational whosiper should come to my rescue in answering this question ooo...

@OP did God guarantee you that you won't be killed when preaching his word? Let's start from there.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
But unfortunately, some people misuse this freedom he gave us, and they instead perpetrate evil.

See what u ur self said, he gave us ability to do GOOD or BAD.... So na my fault say God give me ability to do bad thing ? Forget, if he dosnt want bad thing to be done in d first place, he wouldn't have given us option of doing bad... Na confirm I they tell u

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2016
Dragonking:

@OP did God guarantee you that you won't be killed when preaching his word? Let's start from there.

Yes, no weapon fashion against me shall prosper... The way extremist weapon they take prosper against christians of now a days is bad...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by frank317: 10:46am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:

Seriously? If it was good news, say someone wins a contract, God would suddenly fall out and become responsible for man's action.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2016
ouigy99:
Be there blaming God...... Is it not the government that is meant to provide security and protect the lives of its citizens through the various security forces?

So we should rather say there is no divine security ? We should go about preaching d words of God at our own risk ?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2016
And if God decides to force us to do good all the time, we'll still be the same humans to complain.
Our line of defence would be "How can we be created and be forced to behave a certain ways? How can we be created to be the almighy's pawns? What's the point of being alive and being made to behave in a certain way without having a mind of our own? Why can't we make our own choices? Are we zombies?"
Humans are just so insatiable.
tayooluwole:

See what u ur self said, he gave us ability to do GOOD or BAD.... So na my fault say God give me ability to do bad thing ? Forget, if he dosnt want bad thing to be done in d first place, he wouldn't have given us option of doing bad... Na confirm I they tell u

6 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by frank317: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2016
ouigy99:

If u wake up healthy in the morning don't you thank God? How is that not blaming God?

Government gives an individual a contract, it is God's power. (You blame God)
Government does not award a road contract and accident occurs... it governments fault (you blame government)

If God can do good, why can't he stop evil?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Ranchhoddas: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:

Then why does God take the glory when good things happen?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by frank317: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:

Even when people freely make the right (Good) choice, you still Blame God.

Why then can't you blame God when people freely choose wrong?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
And if God decides to force us to do good all the time, we'll still be the same humans to complain.
Our line of defence would be "How can we be created and be forced to behave a certain ways? How can we be created to be the almighy's pawns? What's the point of being alive and being made to behave in a certain way without having a mind of our own? Why can't we make our own choices? Are we zombies?"
Humans are just so insatiable.

If God had given us d option of doing good alone, we will never think in dis direction of ur point

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by honourhim: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2016
tayooluwole:

The world wasn't created to be free of evil.
God never promised us as christians that we will not die neither did he say that the christians will not die in a horrible manner.
Both the christians and the unbelievers enjoy the sun and the rain together. If God wanted to draw a separation he would ve created a different world for christians so there's nothing strange about a christian experiencing horrible death. Jesus experienced it, some of his disciples experienced it too.

10 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Dragonking: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2016
tayooluwole:

Yes, no weapon fashion against me shall prosper... The way extremist weapon they take prosper against christians of now a days is bad...
Yes, but Jesus told us clearly that we shall be persecuted for his sake, for preaching the word of God..Persecution also includes death.. This is already a warning to those that are ready to take this task.
Don't forget that Jesus also advised us that when preaching we can flee when trouble or persecution comes in Matt 10: 21-23..He never assured you that God will come down and kill anyone that persecutes you.

21. Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death, 22 and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 10, 2016
That's what you think?
The nature of humans is to always grumble, complain, and find faults in everything. These questions will definitely come up. Knowing the nature of humans.
tayooluwole:

If God had given us d option of doing good alone, we will never think in dis direction of ur point

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by frank317: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
That's what you think?
The nature of humans is to always grumble, complain, and find faults in everything. These questions will definitely come up. Knowing the nature of humans.

Did man create himself to have such nature or did God create man with such nature?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Niflheim(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2016
@OP, it is very sad when you look at what happens to people in life, I agree with you.The answer to your question can never be found in a book of "talking donkeys" and "cat-fish that turn into submarines", THE ANSWER YOU SEEK LIES WITHIN!!!

1.DYSTHEIST ANSWER: God is evil

2.THEOTHANATOLOGIST: God is dead

3. PINK: God is a DJ, he knows nothing about security.

4.ATHEIST: God does not exist.

6 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Amberon11: 11:39am On Jul 10, 2016
Did God Almighty not allow his only begotten son Jesus Christ die for our sins?? Couldn't He have stopped it?

Death to a true believer is a call to everlasting life. All the disciples of Christ died while in service to God. In fact we as Christians should count ourselves lucky to suffer tribulation for his sake. It is written that these things must be fulfilled.

Like my brother always says, we are not practicing Christianity in the South. Some of us have not seen tribulations yet out faith wavers. As he would say the real Christians are in the middle east and north. Their lives are endangered everyday just by being Christians yet they are unwavering.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Dragonking: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2016
I guess I have answered the OP cool

1 Like

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by hopefulLandlord: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Maybe because he doesn't exist?

Just give that answer and all the lose ends in your post are tied

3 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
That's what you think?

See what u said again, it is our nature to always grumble, complain and find faults ? This is what u said right ? Don't u think that we are like this because we are configured to be like that ? So, whose fault to act according to how I am configured to act ?

3 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
honourhim:

The world wasn't created to be free of evil.
God never promised us as christians that we will not die neither did he say that the christians will not die in a horrible manner.
Both the christians and the unbelievers enjoy the sun and the rain together. If God wanted to draw a separation he would ve created a different world for christians so there's nothing strange about a christian experiencing horrible death. Jesus experienced it, some of his disciples experienced it too.

This is what is baffling me the most, what is the rationale behind spreading and worshiping a God that can not protect us from evil that may want to purnish us by horrible means, even against our will... With this ur point, do u think it will be a sin if I protect my self with charms ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by tayooluwole: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Amberon11:
Did God Almighty not allow his only begotten son Jesus Christ die for our sins?? Couldn't He have stopped it?

Death to a true believer is a call to everlasting life. All the disciples of Christ died while in service to God. In fact we as Christians should count ourselves lucky to suffer tribulation for his sake. It is written that these things must be fulfilled.

Like my brother always says, we are not practicing Christianity in the South. Some of us have not seen tribulations yet out faith wavers. As he would say the real Christians are in the middle east and north. Their lives are endangered everyday just by being Christians yet they are unwavering.

U said death to a true believer is a call to everlasting life... My brother, what I need is evidence that after death there is a life there that is everlasting , there is paradise in semewhere else where all believers are going after death... Let scienstific or material or even spiritual evidence be shown to me in dis regard and let's see if I will not go to the street of kano and beggin to shout that Jesus is the only way...

11 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Amberon11: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
Per the bolded, there has been hundreds of evidences but people have chosen to deliberately ignore. I tell you, there is a heaven and a hell. Not because I read it a bible but because I have things with my own eyes. The best proof is to seek Christ yourself. Christianity is the only religion that guarantees you proof of the afterlife while you're still alive. There's no book that is big enough to contain the things I've seen.

People have NDEs (Near Death Experiences) everyday. Hundreds of thousands of people have seen Jesus physically: not just Christians but people from all walks of life ( Muslims, Christians, hinduists, Buddhists, old, young, etc) but the west has labelled them "schizophrenics".

Make research for yourself and you'll see the irrefutably evidence of the existence of God. But always have it at the back of your mind that the best evidence of Christ is to have a personal encounter with him.

tayooluwole:

U said death to a true believer is a call to everlasting life... My brother, what I need is evidence that after death there is a life there that is everlasting , there is paradise in semewhere else where all believers are going after death... Let scienstific or material or even spiritual evidence be shown to me in dis regard and let's see if I will not go to the street of kano and beggin to shout that Jesus is the only way...

8 Likes

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Amberon11: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
If there's no God then where does the power of your charms come from?
tayooluwole:

This is what is baffling me the most, what is the rationale behind spreading and worshiping a God that can not protect us from evil that may want to purnish us by horrible means, even against our will... With this ur point, do u think it will be a sin if I protect my self with charms ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / A Governor May Die Next – Suleiman Who Prophesied Death For Buhari’s Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.