Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch (1027 Views)

Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. / Anyalekwa Of Igbere TV Building A House After DSS Arrest (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 05, 2016
In this tutorial i will show you how to create a website from scratch, I will make use of various Javascript, HTML and CSS frameworks along the way so i expect you to have basic understanding of HTML, CSS and Javascript. (So don't expect me to tell you how to save your HTML document or How to link Stylesheet e.t.c)

Firstly:
Download these frameworks -- Animate.css (http://daneden.github.io/animate.css/), WhatInput.js (https://github.com/ten1seven/what-input (Not compulsory)), Jquery (http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.2.0.min.js) and JqueryUI for now
Create a folder for this tutorial on your PC and create other necessary folders inside

I'd add more frameworks later if we need more creativity.

The tutorial will kick off when all the needed files have been downloaded and all folders created.
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hope everyone has downloaded necessary files, this tutorial will kick off soon!
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by yinkeys(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
I really don't know if peeps are following this, since it really aint from scratch
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
yinkeys:
I really don't know if peeps are following this, since it really aint from scratch

It's from scratch bro, those files are just minor additions (except Jquery tho).

We are building it up from scratch ourselves without frameworks, then we'll spice it up later with the frameworks.
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2016
[size=17pt]
The website we will build together is "Completico", at the end of this tutorial I will also show everyone how to convert this into a WordPress theme and publish to the WordPress theme directory as an open source template for everyone.

Before I commence, Ideas from beginners and experts are needed..what would you like to see in Completico?...Javascript client side form validation?, Nice css only preloaders?, sliders?, carousels?, let me know.

Also tell me the aspect you are having problems with front end development so we'll solve it together as I take you through building Completico.
[/size]
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by guente02(m): 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
What would it be about? Perhaps from there I I'll be able to contribute.
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2016
guente02:
What would it be about? Perhaps from there I I'll be able to contribute.

Just a simple website with complete features plus a business looking theme. From there we can make it available on WordPress, while the contributors will be allowed to redesign and sell the finished product as a child theme/HTML template.
Re: Frontend Development: Building A Website From Scratch by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2016
If you want to contribute to this project, visit my nairaland GitHub repo https://github.com/DanielTheGeek/completico or drop your email and I'd add you to the open source team.

Things are very slow at the moment due to other major projects i have. I'd kick start this as soon as possible.

Please note that for certain reasons, serious development talks and issues should hold at www.Nairaland.com/forum/topic/building-a-website-from-scratch-completico

(1) (Reply)

Security Alert: Some Url Marked Unsafe On Nairaland - FIX ASAP! / How To Use Blogger Without Having . / Mark Zuckerberg Grants Request To Remove Donald Trump From Facebook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.