Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

An Android User Switches To Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Android User Switches To Iphone (721 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / The Iphone X From An Android User’s Perspective / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Android User Switches To Iphone by fowlyansh181(m): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2016
first this is a real life review and experience of a user and not some written article I munched from somewhere. I started using android phones from 2012 , to be honest my first android phone was a tecno n3, I finally upgraded to tecno n7 , then to Samsung s3, s4, then htc one m7, then s5 , my last android was a htc one m8 before I switched to ios . to be honest before encountering ios I was a die hard android fan, I root, flash custom roms, use xposed installer and modules , tweak kernels, in fact I was an android guru on my own, cos I develope my own little custom roms . but I got to a stage were I got tired of it all, custom roms are made to upgrade phones and bring many features to androids , but they don't come bug free, show me any existing custom rom and I will show you its bugs,.. but one thing I really hated on android is lag , now when I say lag I don't mean real heavy lags , I mean not being fluid. now some will argue that android has gotten to a stage where it doesn't lag again, but you need to use ios to understand what I mean. when using ios and android side by side you would notice that ios is more fluid and responsive to android , in fact if am to say , the little iPhone 4s is more fluid and responsive to the galaxy s6 edge... the s6 may open apps faster than the iPhone 4s and handle more apps, but on usage the iPhone 4s would be more fluid and experience less lag to the s6 ... my current ios experience beats all the android experience I have had..their was this app showbox on android which I download movies from on android, my android experience made me hate the app because it lagged on android (htc one m8) it took time to respond but on my iphone I got the same app it's name is movie box, Jeus it is so so so fluid , I fell in love with the app again , I even queued up some 2016 movies for downloads later today on it., also WHATSAPP , using whatsapp on android their is This little thing that happens ,whatsapp , sometimes if I have pending msgs and I open whatsapp it freezes sometimes up to 20 secs before it responds, sometimes it freezes only for 5secs before it responds, sometimes it doesn't freeze at all .. it is general on all android some will say it doesn't happen to them but I challenge you that it does, but whatsapp experience on ios is a whole new Different thing, i have no lag . no freezes infant I will say it I am now an ios fan. seriously the super fast and fluid experience is the best thing I have ever experienced on a smartphone... I do come across some difficulties on ios like downloading simple files online and all is not possible until you jailbreak or have I downloader, but I have my PCs to do downloads and seriously i will choose ios over android hundred times if that is the only hiccups I get with ios .. seriously I was once of the opinion that Apple was stingy and a good for nothing costly device , but now I understand why. the I device never disappoints In any way , my battery lasts , my phone charges perfectly, I get the latest updates, network is super strong on it, my phone is super fluid , experienced no little or no lags.. and I get my fair share of respect when I am seen with an iphone.. from the iphone 5 to 6s , the respect is Class... the experience buttery smooth. this is my experience with ios so far, I am on the current ios 9.2.1, .. and going back to android really would take a long time , until it addresses it's performance and smoothness ..

Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 05, 2016
I certainly believe that you will still come here to say iOS is the worst os so far with concrete evidence. But time will tell.

Keep enjoying it while it last.
Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by fowlyansh181(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2016
2kaybiel:
I certainly believe that you will still come here to say iOS is the worst os so far with concrete evidence. But time will tell.

Keep enjoying it while it last.
if it gives me a reason to say that , why won't I? I am not being paid by any of both oems, I am just a user who wants the best experience from his smartphone, and so far ios is the better one giving me that
Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2016
fowlyansh181:
if it gives me a reason to say that , why won't I? I am not being paid by any of both oems, I am just a user who wants the best experience from his smartphone, and so far ios is the better one giving me that

OK oooo
Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by papadjaji: 8:50am On Feb 05, 2016
Uncle, I strongly disagree with your views.
Though I have not seen any motivation to encourage apple's exploitation by buying any of its products, I'll will tell u the drag in android is network induced.
I have used upto note 3 and s5, I am now using infinix zero 3.
I have also used mtn both android plan & several tweaks. Glo and etisalat too.
In all, u will experience drags. I power my device with swift 4g and the experience is a wow.
Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by fowlyansh181(m): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2016
papadjaji:
Uncle, I strongly disagree with your views.
Though I have not seen any motivation to encourage apple's exploitation by buying any of its products, I'll will tell u the drag in android is network induced.
I have used upto note 3 and s5, I am now using infinix zero 3.
I have also used mtn both android plan & several tweaks. Glo and etisalat too.
In all, u will experience drags. I power my device with swift 4g and the experience is a wow.
with Airtel I get up to 2mbps while downloading, I used Airtel on both the iphone and htc one m8 , I have both at hand currently .. it is not network , if it is network then I think the iphone has a stronger network to the htc one m8? .. I Airtel on both .

1 Like

Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by Xhaka(m): 10:10am On Feb 05, 2016
Nobody will advice to switch back to android undecided

1 Like

Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
congratulations o mr iphone user.

Oya collect your medal.

1 Like

Re: An Android User Switches To Iphone by Darkseid(m): 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
@OP I have a feeling that you just bought the Iphone. Last year I sold my Lg G3 and got an Iphone 5. After using the phone for about a week I was like; IOS where have you been.
After one month I started getting bored of it. By the end of the second month I sold it and got a Gionee p4. I'm still using the p4 till now.
Iphones are only good as music players.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Passport February 10—15 Price And Features / Blackberry Q10 For Sale / How Can I Port To Mtn Please ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.