Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,532 members, 7,958,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) (19614 Views)

Hire The Best Commercial Lawyers For The Debt Collection In Melbourne / The EFCC Has Detained The MD, Macmillian Nigeria, Prof. Adesanya Adelekan. / Nigeria’s Debt To Climb To 24.1% Of GDP By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by Frank3n2(m): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2016
The people that are supposed to uphold the law are the ones breaking the law..
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by meforyou1(m): 11:13am On Feb 05, 2016
Sanchez01:

Hahahahahahahahahahahagringringrin

The NPF consists of secondary school graduates who don't even know the law. Most of them are rogues in uniform. The IGP should wade into this. Secondary school graduates among them should be converted to traffic warders while other qualifications should be put in their place. It is imperative that the IGP give his men proper orientation. Policemen in Nigeria flout rules without knowing it.
secondary school dropouts not graduates
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by bekpo(m): 11:13am On Feb 05, 2016
The proper thing to do in d circumstance,is for the woman and child to enforce their right. And the said IPO should be reported to his employer bc he is a seriouse liability to the Nigeria police.
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by Nkemtreasure: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2016
We've heard from one side. What is the company's name? We also need to hear their own side of the story. But nothing justifies arresting a 2 year old boy.
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by fortune1968: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Donald3d:
Someone should tell me the difference between this and kidnapping
The Police didn't demand for Ransome.
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by truthspeaks: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2016
So who de blame, jona or buhari or d british?
HungerBAD:
what? this is not right.

Arrest a mom and child over the husbands business? even the British Police that created the Nigeria Constabulary( Present Police Force) will be ashamed, when they hear how Policing is being carried out here.

This is not just an illegal detention, but it is also an abuse of human right especially as regard her son. If only this woman can afford a good lawyer, to sue the Nigeria Police for this barbaric act.

Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by perfectgabby: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oblongata:
The man went incommunicado, the company must have been patient enough with all excuses, they reported to police, police;in its over exurberance, tramples on human right, an underage (for crying out loud '2' year old) was detained. Office of the public defender would have been advised for the wife. But then again, the IPO would deny detaining the child, make the man take heart, he caused all these, ndo.
Under no circumstance should the charge and bail police officer called Jona arrest his wife and kid. Nigerian wise up and look for knowledge instead of money, that idiot called Jonathan deserves dismissal.
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by perfectgabby: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
fortune1968:
The Police didn't demand for Ransome.
What is ransom??, is it not the bribe collected for bail. My dear the act is simply KIDNAPPING.
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by jayriginal: 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
The courts have stated several times that the police are not a debt recovery agency.

This is a fundamental human rights violation and the police and the company that instigated the arrest can be held liable for damages.

See a lawyer ASAP.
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sanchez01:

Hahahahahahahahahahahagringringrin

The NPF consists of secondary school graduates who don't even know the law. Most of them are rogues in uniform. The IGP should wade into this. Secondary school graduates among them should be converted to traffic warders while other qualifications should be put in their place. It is imperative that the IGP give his men proper orientation. Policemen in Nigeria flout rules without knowing it.

Secondary school graduates? And you think you are educated. Sorry
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by alaskido(m): 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
Even if the sergeant is not educated to the rules is the DPO who is in charge of the Police station also an illiterate?
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by Kgdavid(m): 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
giantstrides:
CC Kgdavid

This is what happens when you support policemen arresting family members of the main culprits, a lot of innocent people will suffer.

Bro, each case must be treated on its own merit
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by kolaosita4(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
That's too bad,after all according to the story here the man neva deny owing them. What do u xpect from a secondary school student who only knw how to drink Ogogoro and smoke and doesn't evn know how to try nor have knowledge of fundamental human right. That police man should b query
Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by InvertedHammer: 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
georgio:

my broda.....These ibo business men are ruthless wen it comes to debt payment. many sales reps have lost their jobs to these business men because of credit. if arresting the mother and child was how the sales rep could get her money out fine , because her job was at stake. But arresting the man alone or man and wife togeda wont yield nothing. I am talking from a personal experience here.
/
Not that I support the police but I can understand.

The only way to collect debt in Nigeria usually involves unconventional means else it is one long story after another.
/

1 Like

Re: Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) by hardbody: 5:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Its sad how some people have responded sarcastically. It can happen to anyone here. However my input is simple. The woman and her child were wrongly arrested and detained. Police may claim that the 'Dud Cheque' is the reason for the arrest, but reality is that this should be a basis for arresting the man and not his family.

Recourse? She should sue the Police, The Company, the Lady Sales agent and the IPO. The suit should be filed against them 'jointly and severally' so that judgment against all or any can be executed against any of them.

In the alternative, they should sue the IPO as an individual and claim that he acted outside the scope of his employment, trust me police will let him carry his cross and when you get judgment, make sure i take everything he has in life as damages.

Thank God sha for knowledge.

I hope they get justice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Secrets About Making Money Online That You Should Know / Naira Overvalued By 20%, Says IMF / Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.