Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System (2629 Views)

The Last Thing Russia need Is an Air Confrontation With America / Tesla High Energy Laser Weapons System Developed For The US Navy. / What Is Wrong With America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by NairaMinted: 9:53am On Feb 05, 2016
"....pilots weighing between 135 to 165 pounds have a 23% chance of death and a 100% chance of a neck injury if they eject from the plane"

$400 billion dollars of junk.

http://www.businessinsider.com/americas-400-billion-warplane-bugs-f35-dod-report-pentagon-lockheed-martin-2016-2?utm_content=buffer299ed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

[size=14pt]America's $400 billion warplane has some major flaws[/size]

15h 1,628
A new Pentagon report says the F-35’s latest software won’t be ready by its July 2017 deadline. The plane has some significant bugs and the Department of Defense recommends increasing the frequency of testing for the F-35.

1 Like

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by fineguy11(m): 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Who doest knw the F-35 is mere propaganda!america is yet to produce a STEALTH CRAFT.#fact.even russia too is having problem developing its own 5th generation stealth fighter i.e PAK T-50.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Adminisher: 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
fineguy11:
Who doest knw the F-35 is mere propaganda!america is yet to produce a STEALTH CRAFT.#fact.even russia too is having problem developing its own 5th generation stealth fighter i.e PAK T-50.

How can you say the F35 is propaganda?. An aircraft that is flying is propaganda? There are twenty countries that are going to use this aircraft for the next twenty years.. What a choice of words? , PROPAGANDA. Dof you know what the word means?
The plane is simply a scaled down and modified F22. F22 is flying happily "stealthily' as we speak. Scaling the F22 down and trying to make it inyo 'an everything combat jet' has raised a few issues. Software issues are surmount able, cockpits can be redesigned and engine mountings can also be redesigned. The only negative it is that it is costing more than anticipated but there is no program in the US that has not costed more than anticipated. The highly successful F16 and highly rated F15 have had hundreds of modifications and mid life upgrades.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by fineguy11(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2016
Adminisher:

How can you say the F35 is propaganda?. An aircraft that is flying is propaganda? There are twenty countries that are going to use this aircraft for the next twenty years.. What a choice of words? , PROPAGANDA. Dof you know what the word means?
The plane is simply a scaled down and modified F22. F22 is flying happily "stealthily' as we speak. Scaling the F22 down and trying to make it inyo 'an everything combat jet' has raised a few issues. Software issues are surmount able, cockpits can be redesigned and engine mountings can also be redesigned. The only negative it is that it is costing more than anticipated but there is no program in the US that has not costed more than anticipated. The highly successful F16 and highly rated F15 have had hundreds of modifications and mid life upgrades.
aircraft that is flying where?where in world has it been flown?show me a link where the plane has been exported!F-35 is either a work in progress or US super weapon propaganda!..i'av been reading abt F-35 stealth cababilities over 6/7 yrs ago yet,its yet to launched.....even top areo space pundits mere looking at the outer features descriped the F-35 as a flying coffin,in-capable of defending itself,and the stealth capability is a super myth...http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/feature/5/135080/f_35-reality-check-10-years-on-(part-1)
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by ValerianSteel(m): 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
US better get a hang of the F35's software quickly or simply co-operate with Israel and use Israeli technology.Israel will receive her first delivery by the end of the year running on very effective Israeli software.America can either take a cue from Israel or get her act together and fix the flaws.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Adminisher: 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
ValerianSteel:
US better get a hang of the F35's software quickly or simply co-operate with Israel and use Israeli technology.Israel will receive her first delivery by the end of the year running on very effective Israeli software.America can either take a cue from Israel or get her act together and fix the flaws.
Israel is buying F35s
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by ValerianSteel(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
Adminisher:

Israel is buying F35s
Yes Israel is buying up to 45 units between now and 2020.First delivery of sixteen units will be later this year.

The F-35's coming to Israel will be incorporated with the $422million dollars advanced Israeli systems and software.Cutting edge even far better off than what the F15Ra'am and F16I use in the Israeli Air force which are remarkably one of the best used by any Air Force in the world today.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Souljaboi1: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2016
The first problem with the F-35 program was that the Top Brass wanted it to do everything.

Stealth with lots of armament.
Fly above the radar but still perform ATS attacks.
Perform as a standalone system but still able to draw mission related info from nearby systems.

The complications and expectations were just too much; while most of these roles are contradictory to one another. Just as you don't expect the B-2 to engage in a dogfight with a Su-25, you shouldn't expect the V-22 osprey to perform recon missions.

I believe the F-16 program has been among the most successful in American military aviation. It has been able to adapt to upgrades over the years.

Let them have a defined role and stick to it. As technology improves, they can add more roles as they like; even if they want to put a hyper drive, it's left to them.

All I want to see is that bird take flight , no less !
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
Souljaboi1:
The first problem with the F-35 program was that the Top Brass wanted it to do everything.
Stealth with lots of armament.
Fly above the radar but still perform ATS attacks.
Perform as a standalone system but still able to draw mission related info from nearby systems.
The complications and expectations were just too much; while most of these roles are contradictory to one another. Just as you don't expect the B-2 to engage in a dogfight with a Su-25, you shouldn't expect the V-22 osprey to perform recon missions.
I believe the F-16 program has been among the most successful in American military aviation. It has been able to adapt to upgrades over the years.
Let them have a defined role and stick to it. As technology improves, they can add more roles as they like; even if they want to put a hyper drive, it's left to them.
All I want to see is that bird take flight , no less !

It's in flight already. US Marines and Air Force have inducted theirs. Royal Navy has received their initial trainer versions and are currently training pilots on it in US. Italy flew her's from Italy to US for finishing touches only last week. Israeli Air force has received her initial deliveries for final touches too.

Personally, I see a very formidable bird in another 4-8 years. It's strategic mix with F-22 Raptor will tear down most of air defences with ease.

1 Like

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by M14A1: 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Yes Israel is buying up to 45 units between now and 2020.First delivery of sixteen units will be later this year.

The F-35's coming to Israel will be incorporated with the $422million dollars advanced Israeli systems and software.Cutting edge even far better off than what the F15Ra'am and F16I use in the Israeli Air force which are remarkably one of the best used by any Air Force in the world today.
A decade ago when the STOVL version of the F35 was proposed, critics said it wasn't possible.
The day STOVL flight test was conducted successfully, they kept mute.
F35 would be revolutionary, it won't go down as the fastest or most manevarable aircraft in history, but I would define how future wars would be fought.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
homerac7:

It's strategic mix with F-22 Raptor will tear down most of air defences with ease.

And those Air Defences will be sitting duck without getting any upgrades & newer versions. grin

My friend, in the art of war, never underestimate your enemy, especially when that enemy is Mother Russia. grin
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
Obatala7Kronos:

And those Air Defences will be sitting duck without getting any upgrades & newer versions. grin

My friend, in the art of war, never underestimate your enemy, especially when that enemy is Mother Russia. grin

True.

Russia has got some awesome ADS in S-X00, Pantsir and BUK, no doubt. But it will be ignoble to neglect the stealth and advanced electronics suite of F22 and F35. In fact, F35 can conveniently beat any ADS in operation currently. It is no advanced 5th gen fighter for nothing sake. Forget Raptor, the undoing of any ADS is to "see" it, that very "seeing" is what the F22 is designed to look out for and neutralize.

The strategic plan is to have F22 and F35 fly in tandem into hot zones. F22 probes your defence, and the moment they light up like Xmas trees, the F35 knocks a hole through them.

Bro, Russia and China are doing great, but many people ignore the fact that US is currently upgrading her capabilities to beat those threats.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Souljaboi1: 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
homerac7:

It's in flight already. US Marines and Air Force have inducted theirs. Royal Navy has received their initial trainer versions and are currently training pilots on it in US. Italy flew her's from Italy to US for finishing touches only last week. Israeli Air force has received her initial deliveries for final touches too.

Personally, I see a very formidable bird in another 4-8 years. It's strategic mix with F-22 Raptor will tear down most of air defences with ease.

Lol, your prediction of 4-8 years is very ambitious.

If it hasn't commenced full mission operation by then, I would have to give up on the program.

If the Russians sort out the T-50 and do some upgrades to the SU-25, while China also perfect the J-20 & J-31, we're back to square one. This is because as it stands, those are the only 2 countries that can match and have the potential to surpass the US military in Air power. If the F-35 doesn't become fully operational with all variant sorting out their individual flaws by 2017/2018, the program would become old school and its tech 'obsolete' given the threats of that time.

The flight from Italy and aerial refueling with the Italian tanker is just to put the AC in good light. Those in the know, know that the program is suffering and it would be fool-hardy to think different.

The V-22 was plagued with so much complications during the 90's but it pulled through. Lets hope the F-35 would be able to follow suit.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by NairaMinted: 1:16am On Feb 11, 2016
See what this beleaguered F-35 program did to this poor General. Lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Irv0hET_-o

An Air Force major general has been taken to the hospital after he fainted at the podium during a Pentagon budget briefing, on Tuesday.

It is unknown what lead to Major General James Martin Jr. collapsing, but he was carried from the podium and taken to another room before being brought to the hospital as a precaution.

The news conference was to discuss the Air Force’s fiscal 2017 budget, Martin is the deputy assistant secretary for budget under the Air Force’s Financial Management and Comptroller office. Martin was in the middle of discussing the funding for their F-35 fighter jet program.

1 Like

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Souljaboi1: 7:08am On Feb 11, 2016
NairaMinted:

An Air Force major general has been taken to the hospital after he fainted at the podium during a Pentagon budget briefing, on Tuesday.

It is unknown what lead to Major General James Martin Jr. collapsing, but he was carried from the podium and taken to another room before being brought to the hospital as a precaution.

The news conference was to discuss the Air Force’s fiscal 2017 budget, Martin is the deputy assistant secretary for budget under the Air Force’s Financial Management and Comptroller office. Martin was in the middle of discussing the funding for their F-35 fighter jet program.

I wish the General speedy recovery.

Does this means that the problems of the F-35 are communicable to humans ? grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Appleyard(m): 12:11am On Feb 12, 2016
Souljaboi1:

I wish the General speedy recovery.

Does this means that the problems of the F-35 are communicable to humans ? grin cheesy
It is you that said it, not me. But you need to know too that it was also one of the major reason a certain prime minister lost his job. So, you may be right. cheesy
i pity the innocent American taxpayer.

3 Likes

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Missy89(f): 12:31am On Feb 12, 2016
Appleyard:
It is you that said it, not me. But you need to know too that it was also one of the major reason a certain prime minister lost his job. So, you may be right. cheesy
i pity the innocent American taxpayer.

Which prime minister is that? Harper?
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Tkester: 1:40am On Feb 12, 2016
Missy89:

Which prime minister is that? Harper?

Yes.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by fineguy11(m): 9:09am On Feb 12, 2016
homerac7:

True.

Russia has got some awesome ADS in S-X00, Pantsir and BUK, no doubt. But it will be ignoble to neglect the stealth and advanced electronics suite of F22 and F35. In fact, F35 can conveniently beat any ADS in operation currently. It is no advanced 5th gen fighter for nothing sake. Forget Raptor, the undoing of any ADS is to "see" it, that very "seeing" is what the F22 is designed to look out for and neutralize.

The strategic plan is to have F22 and F35 fly in tandem into hot zones. F22 probes your defence, and the moment they light up like Xmas trees, the F35 knocks a hole through them.

Bro, Russia and China are doing great, but many people ignore the fact that US is currently upgrading her capabilities to beat those threats.
F-35 STEALTH? Are u for real?did u even read the article the op pasted?ur argument is based on facts that dont exist..i have no problem with ur F-22 analysis except,the F-22 IS an''alledged'' STEALTH CRAFT,hence the US military craving for a more superior bird in terms of STEALTH CAPABILITIES.pundits have questioned the stealth capability of the F-35,...http://www.ibtimes.com/f-35-stealth-jet-production-under-review-amid-questionable-performance-changing-2003100
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 9:56am On Feb 12, 2016
fineguy11:
F-35 STEALTH? Are u for real?did u even read the article the op pasted?ur argument is based on facts that dont exist..i have no problem with ur F-22 analysis except,the F-22 IS an''alledged'' STEALTH CRAFT,hence the US military craving for a more superior bird in terms of STEALTH CAPABILITIES.pundits have questioned the stealth capability of the F-35,...http://www.ibtimes.com/f-35-stealth-jet-production-under-review-amid-questionable-performance-changing-2003100

Oga, what exactly is your dispute? Are you disputing F35 as a stealth aircraft? If that's what you are claiming, then you have no business discussing military aircraft's because you know next to nothing about the issue.

By the way, any half wit can write an article and put it up on the internet , including those with peculiar biases. I have read tons of opinions on the aircraft, and based on my professional opinion, it is going to be the aircraft to beat in another 5-8 years. Now I hope I can also write an article to that effect, put it up online and refer you to it.

Next time you are gonna consider prejudiced opinions, learn to interpret available hard facts first.

Your post also shows that you have poor understanding of strategic roles of F22 and F35. I'm sure you also think Su 24, 25, 30 and 35 are to be rated on same pedestal.

Bro, go find out their individual strategic roles and return to correct your confused post.

ADD: what hard facts don't exist? You show so much ignorance in your post. Trained eyes will identify stealth design of F35 simply by its physical features which include its Delta wings, obtuse angles around its fuselage, hidden weapon bay, amidst other easy to identify features without having to check other unobvious parameters. Your ignorance is further displayed by not even recognising that an aircraft designated as Joint Strike Fighter with peculiar capabilities in ground attack and air defence breaches will have stealth capabilities. You don't even need to see the picture to figure that out. I hope I have schooled you enough on F35 Thunder, so learn to sift facts from nonsense when reading online.

On F22 Raptor, you claim it's stealth capabilities is "alleged" ? Now I don't know how to cure ya ignorance on that.

1 Like

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 12, 2016
NairaMinted:

Speedy recovery to the Major General. Atleast they take their jobs seriously enough to faint on the job, unlike the fvctard Generals we have in Africa, especially Nigeria who are much more pre-occupied with siphoning defence contracts.

2 Likes

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 12, 2016
homerac7:

True.

Stealth is great for now, however, eventually Radar technology would develop in such a manner stealth becomes largely inconsequential. Network Centric Warfare is the future of air warfare.

The Russians would always be that step ahead in ADS, it is aircrafts like the Gripen NG that would eventually shape the battlefields of tomorrow, not the F-35, PAk-FA or J-20.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by NairaMinted: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
Henry240:

Speedy recovery to the Major General. Atleast they take their jobs seriously to faint on the job, unlike the fvctard Generals we have in Africa, especially Nigeria who are much more pre-occupied with siphoning defence contracts.

Unfortunately true. Africans fvcking ourselves up since like forever!
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
Henry240:

Stealth is great for now, however, eventually Radar technology would develop in such a manner stealth becomes largely inconsequential. Network Centric Warfare is the future of air warfare.
The Russians would always be that step ahead in ADS, it is aircrafts like the Gripen NG that would eventually shape the battlefields of tomorrow, not the F-35, PAk-FA or J-20.

Yea, radar technology is fast developing. The term "stealth" in itself has always been relative, and will always be. The same advancement in radar technology works both ways for the ADS system and the strike aircraft. So there will always be "stealthy" aircraft's, only that immediate definition of "stealth" will change from invincible to ADS to first to neutralise or better evasion.

Future network is going to be network-centric for true. That's where aircraft's like F35 leads already. It is typically a flying computer server. This sole reason is the source of its many software problems it is facing at the present. I think that aircraft is the most ignorantly criticised aircraft I have known. No aircraft flying is like it in any air force. Its a revolutionary aircraft in terms of packed computerised abilities. When it is perfected, it will be a totally new concept in air war tactics.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
homerac7:

Yea, radar technology is fast developing. The term "stealth" in itself has always been relative, and will always be. The same advancement in radar technology works both ways for the ADS system and the strike aircraft. So there will always be "stealthy" aircraft's, only that immediate definition of "stealth" will change from invincible to ADS to first to neutralise or better evasion.

Future network is going to be network-centric for true. That's where aircraft's like F35 leads already. It is typically a flying computer server. This sole reason is the source of its many software problems it is facing at the present. I think that aircraft is the most ignorantly criticised aircraft I have known. No aircraft flying is like it in any air force. Its a revolutionary aircraft in terms of packed computerised abilities. When it is perfected, it will be a totally new concept in air war tactics.

That's where the Gripen NG is king. It's unique selling proposition is it's ability to share seamlessly information. What one Gripen NG in a Gripen formation sees, the other aircrafts see. Armed with a superior radar and the world's best BVRAAM, the Meteor......... The Gripen E/F is in many quarters considered a better 5 GEN aircraft.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
Henry240:

That's where the Gripen NG is king. It's unique selling proposition is it's ability to share seamlessly information. What one Gripen NG in a Gripen formation sees, the other aircrafts see. Armed with a superior radar and the world's best BVRAAM, the Meteor......... The Gripen E/F is in many quarters considered a better 5 GEN aircraft.

Good.

The F35 takes it further, it is literally a command post for other aircrafts and drones. It is being configured to take data relayed by drones and direct their actions.

1 Like

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by fineguy11(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
homerac7:

Oga, what exactly is your dispute? Are you disputing F35 as a stealth aircraft? If that's what you are claiming, then you have no business discussing military aircraft's because you know next to nothing about the issue.

By the way, any half wit can write an article and put it up on the internet , including those with peculiar biases. I have read tons of opinions on the aircraft, and based on my professional opinion, it is going to be the aircraft to beat in another 5-8 years. Now I hope I can also write an article to that effect, put it up online and refer you to it.

Next time you are gonna consider prejudiced opinions, learn to interpret available hard facts first.

Your post also shows that you have poor understanding of strategic roles of F22 and F35. I'm sure you also think Su 24, 25, 30 and 35 are to be rated on same pedestal.

Bro, go find out their individual strategic roles and return to correct your confused post.

ADD: what hard facts don't exist? You show so much ignorance in your post. Trained eyes will identify stealth design of F35 simply by its physical features which include its Delta wings, obtuse angles around its fuselage, hidden weapon bay, amidst other easy to identify features without having to check other unobvious parameters. Your ignorance is further displayed by not even recognising that an aircraft designated as Joint Strike Fighter with peculiar capabilities in ground attack and air defence breaches will have stealth capabilities. You don't even need to see the picture to figure that out. I hope I have schooled you enough on F35 Thunder, so learn to sift facts from nonsense when reading online.

On F22 Raptor, you claim it's stealth capabilities is "alleged" ? Now I don't know how to cure ya ignorance on that.
so according go u homerac7 a.k.a.(Einstein)..''any half wit can write anything on the internet''.in other words,the aviation experts who have written articles criticizing the F-35 for being an ''overly hyped''bomber having one deficiency or the other are all "HALF WIT" and also,Democratic California Rep. Jackie Speier who said that the F-35's logistics system is 80% unreliable, its engine stability is "extremely poor" and electronics in the individually sculpted $400,000 pilot's helmet is currently unable to distinguish friend from foe,is an "HALF WIT".in her own words she said,
"At best, when the services declare 'initial operating capability' , we will be launching an 'unstable' plane that cannot perform many of its core missions for years," Speier said. "At worst, it'll hurt people or we'll ground it in the hangar and spend billions on a retrofit.".John mc cain is another "HALF WIT" who stated@a senate arm service commitee meeting in 2013 stated that the F-35 programme was one of america's greatest ''National Scandal''..
Just spare yourself of typing all this non-existent capabilities of the F-35 (alledged stealth bomber).i'm sure the various PR firms of LOCKHEED MARTIN sent a more detailed and comprehensive positives of the F-35 to JOHN MC CAIN, and yet he called it ''ONE OF AMERICA"S GREATEST NATIONAL SCANDAL"...this is not the first time LOCK HEED MARTIN will be using propaganda mixed with heavy lobbying to sell a bomber with capabilities only applicable in video games!in 1983,they told the world that have produced a STEALTH BOMBER(F-117).the F-117 flew missions in iraq in 1991 avoiding areas where saddam's soviet air-defences were not present..they managed to keep up the propaganda about the ''alledged'' f-117 stealth'' NIGHTHAWK bomber for years. they themselves began to believe the lie they created until the US flew the f-117 stealth bomber in 'yugoslavia' 1999,only for it to be shot down by a russian made defence system produced in 1961(S-125 neva/pechora)....so forgive me if i refuse to be a troll and refusing to believe the F-22 is a stealth bomber or even the F-35 that has been criticized by aviation experts..

2 Likes

Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 12:56am On Feb 13, 2016
fineguy11:
so according go u homerac7 a.k.a.(Einstein)..''any half wit can write anything on the internet''.in other words,the aviation experts who have written articles criticizing the F-35 for being an ''overly hyped''bomber having one deficiency or the other are all "HALF WIT" and also,Democratic California Rep. Jackie Speier who said that the F-35's logistics system is 80% unreliable, its engine stability is "extremely poor" and electronics in the individually sculpted $400,000 pilot's helmet is currently unable to distinguish friend from foe,is an "HALF WIT".in her own words she said,
"At best, when the services declare 'initial operating capability' , we will be launching an 'unstable' plane that cannot perform many of its core missions for years," Speier said. "At worst, it'll hurt people or we'll ground it in the hangar and spend billions on a retrofit.".John mc cain is another "HALF WIT" who stated@a senate arm service commitee meeting in 2013 stated that the F-35 programme was one of america's greatest ''National Scandal''..
Just spare yourself of typing all this non-existent capabilities of the F-35 (alledged stealth bomber).i'm sure the various PR firms of LOCKHEED MARTIN sent a more detailed and comprehensive positives of the F-35 to JOHN MC CAIN, and yet he called it ''ONE OF AMERICA"S GREATEST NATIONAL SCANDAL"...this is not the first time LOCK HEED MARTIN will be using propaganda mixed with heavy lobbying to sell a bomber with capabilities only applicable in video games!in 1983,they told the world that have produced a STEALTH BOMBER(F-117).the F-117 flew missions in iraq in 1991 avoiding areas where saddam's soviet air-defences were not present..they managed to keep up the propaganda about the ''alledged'' f-117 stealth'' NIGHTHAWK bomber for years. they themselves began to believe the lie they created until the US flew the f-117 stealth bomber in 'yugoslavia' 1999,only for it to be shot down by a russian made defence system produced in 1961(S-125 neva/pechora)....so forgive me if i refuse to be a troll and refusing to believe the F-22 is a stealth bomber or even the F-35 that has been criticized by aviation experts..

You are entitled to your opinion rightly. It doesn't make your position weaker or stronger.

I will explain your mistakes from two ways;

1. You quoted politicians ( the most unreliable breeds of human beings) on defence contracts. Can't you see the irony already?

2. If only you know even the rudiments of technology as you want to present yourself here, then you should have heard of "early mortality" in maintenance /reliability in new projects/equipment. This is a "normal" engineering phenomenon, so saying a new project has reliability issue is nothing unusual at all. For purely futuristic systems as the F35, I can tell you as a professional that it is doing well. So calm down and stop the Chicken Little syndrome.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by ifyan(m): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
Can somebody correct me. What is the actual cost of the aircraft.
Millions or Billion
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by fineguy11(m): 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
homerac7:

You are entitled to your opinion rightly. It doesn't make your position weaker or stronger.

I will explain your mistakes from two ways;

1. You quoted politicians ( the most unreliable breeds of human beings) on defence contracts. Can't you see the irony already?

2. If only you know even the rudiments of technology as you want to present yourself here, then you should have heard of "early mortality" in maintenance /reliability in new projects/equipment. This is a "normal" engineering phenomenon, so saying a new project has reliability issue is nothing unusual at all. For purely futuristic systems as the F35, I can tell you as a professional that it is doing well. So calm down and stop the Chicken Little syndrome.

''For purely futuristic systems as the F35, I can tell you as a professional that it is doing well''.lol.,.A system not yet in service is doing well?what a petty conclusion reached by a science ''proffessional''..
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
fineguy11:
''For purely futuristic systems as the F35, I can tell you as a professional that it is doing well''.lol.,.A system not yet in service is doing well?what a petty conclusion reached by a science ''proffessional''..

Your foolishness kniws no bounds. Read and get wise brother. See the link below to know that it is already in service in over 6 countries.
Re: New Major Setbacks With America's Most Expensive Weapons System by homerac7: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Inside Robert Mugabe’s 25 Bedroom Mansion Where He's Now Being Held Prisoner / Inside Putin’s Terrifying Arsenal Of SIX THOUSAND Nukes And ‘super / You Think Adolf Hitler Was Terrible?there Was A Monster Wit More Terror Than Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.