Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,107 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. (10539 Views)

Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Nairaland Muslims Confess That Islam Is Dying And Christianity Is Gaining / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
frank317:

Lol... What kind of work was Paul talking about? The one you sit down and do nothing and you almighty father in heaven whom you believe in does everything for you? Pls what's the biblical meaning of work?
alright
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Humblebloke(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
malvisguy212:
where in my post I say Christianity is a religion ? How do you come to the conclusion, God does not exist ? Atheism required evidence, and when the evidence were presented to you, you belief in it. How can you accept evidence without believing in it ? Keep on deceiving yourself.

Ok....... I didn't come to a conclusion....you didundecided

Stop talking already.......wow!.......you seem to value evidence....

For someone who believes(requires faith) there's an invisible sky fairy incharge of the universe...I'm quite surprisedundecided
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by openmine(m): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
frank317:

Opinion opinion opinion... We are all bringing our opinion to the table, why do u sound angry? You don't want to be refuted then u don't respond to any post you don't like. You accuse people of making up their mind... Have u also not made up ur mind about ur belief? If there were no holes on all the nonsense the Bible said, no one would refute it.
First of all Mr Frank...i never replied you..If u have an issue with my opinion,its left for you to refute it using the scriptures(Thats if you believe in the bible)

2.)if you had read my comments properly,you will know wat i believe in...so ur reply or accusations are irrelevant...

3.)I don't remember stopping anyone from either being an atheist or having their opinion about the bible...If there is,u r welcome to highlight that part for me..

4.)I have beta things to do dan get 'emotional' over matters that are as explicit as daylight..

Finally,I said Christianity is a way of life and a pattern for living....u think otherwise..thats ur business..wat do u want me to do?
force or impose it on u? absolutely not...

If u r looking for an explanation,The Op has done a magnificent job explaining it in detail...
If u r still yet to understand wat he meant,It can only mean that you are either an atheist or a free thinker...If thats the case,then this thread is certainly not for you....I hope am wrong!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by truthman2012(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Wish you the best Malvisguy212. Time for Jummah. Perhaps later this evening I'll
get time to further respond to you.

Who cares !!!

It is your hellish choice.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by frank317: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=openmine post=42682735]
First of all Mr Frank...i never replied you..If u have an issue with my opinion,its left for you to refute it using the scriptures(Thats if you believe in the bible)

I know u never replied to me. But I picked on ur comment already... Why stating the fu..cking obvious? I can only refute u using reasoning and not the Bible. The Bible makes no sense. Lets try working with our own brains for once.

[quote]
2.)if you had read my comments properly,you will know wat i believe in...so ur reply or accusations are irrelevant...

Yes I know what u believe in am I am challenging it. The problem is... Can u defend it?

3.)I don't remember stopping anyone from either being an atheist or having their opinion about the bible...If there is,u r welcome to highlight that part for me..
Why waste ur time in typing rubbish.

4.)I have beta things to do dan get 'emotional' over matters that are as explicit as daylight..
Nice to know u have better things to do. And since you think the matter is as explicit as daylight... Defend it and stop talking like it is just a matter of opinion.

Finally,I said Christianity is a way of life and a pattern for living....u think otherwise..thats ur business..wat do u want me to do?
force or impose it on u? absolutely not...
Christianity could be a way of life, so is other religion. What is special about Christianity being a way of life? Islam is a way of life too. So? Christianity is a religion and that's just what I would like to prove to u. I want to prove to you that ur opinion is false.

If u r looking for an explanation,The Op has done a magnificent job explaining it in detail...
If u r still yet to understand wat he meant,It can only mean that you are either an atheist or a free thinker...If thats the case,then this thread is certainly not for you....I hope am wrong!

The op made no sense... That's why I think ii is worth challenging. There is excess falsehood is all the gibberish he wrote there. You guys just hate being challenged.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2016
Lalasticala, OAM4J.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by openmine(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2016
frank317:

I know u never replied to me. But I picked on ur comment already... Why stating the fu..cking obvious? I can only refute u using reasoning and not the Bible. The Bible makes no sense. Lets try working with our own brains for once.
grin grin grin grin Who is dis one?
If indeed u applied ur brains properly like u said,u wud have noticed where i said this thread is not for you since you believe the bible doesnt make sense...
Why waste ur time arguing about this wen u know u don't believe in the bible?
Like i said before,ur arguments are unnecessary and baseless on this thread without the application of the bible...gerrit? cool

frank317:

Yes I know what u believe in am I am challenging it. The problem is... Can u defend it?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I believe in the bible and i believe in God...i don't know about ur beliefs....but its definitely not like mine...and i cant defend wat u dont even believe in...wat for? we will only be going round in circles...
Bro..lets get one thing clear,u have chosen ur path using ur brains cheesy...i have chosen mine using the word of God cool
Every man his own lifestyle.... cheesy

frank317:

Why waste ur time in typing rubbish.
No bro...wat i typed which u called 'rubbish' was plain English language spiced wit explicit instructions cheesy...Unless u want me to explain it for you 'word for word'..though dat will be an irony... grin grin

frank317:

Nice to know u have better things to do. And since you think the matter is as explicit as daylight... Defend it and stop talking like it is just a matter of opinion.
Once again i can not waste my precious time defending my beliefs wen i know u have already created a terrible perception of the bible and of God..
Of wat use is it explaining to you about the scriptures wen You don't even believe in God or his word?...Its like pouring water on a basket... undecided undecided

frank317:

Christianity could be a way of life, so is other religion. What is special about Christianity being a way of life? Islam is a way of life too. So? Christianity is a religion and that's just what I would like to prove to u. I want to prove to you that ur opinion is false.

To me Christianity is a way of life..to you its not...wats d big deal?...different strokes for different folks...no one is stopping u from declaring that other beliefs are a way of life..... cheesy cheesy
Thats ur choice...not mine...
Ohh yes,every thing is special about Christianity...and am more than comfortable with it... cool cool

frank317:

The op made no sense... That's why I think ii is worth challenging. There is excess falsehood is all the gibberish he wrote there. You guys just hate being challenged.
Ohh...then Why are u here on this thread...?
We don't hate been challenged....Thats ur perception about us...on the contrary we are willing to defend our faith in God...
But like i said before now,wats d point wen u have already created ur wrong impression about the bible and of God...?

Finally,U are free to believe in wat u want to believe...thats ur choice...and i totally respect that just the same way i respect a Muslim's belief...

Once again,If you don't believe in the bible or God,this thread will never make sense to you...Good day bro cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
openmine:

grin grin grin grin Who is dis one?
If indeed u applied ur brains properly like u said,u wud have noticed where i said this thread is not for you since you believe the bible doesnt make sense...
Why waste ur time arguing about this wen u know u don't believe in the bible?
Like i said before,ur arguments are unnecessary and baseless on this thread without the application of the bible...gerrit? cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I believe in the bible and i believe in God...i don't know about ur beliefs....but its definitely not like mine...and i cant defend wat u dont even believe in...wat for? we will only be going round in circles...
Bro..lets get one thing clear,u have chosen ur path using ur brains cheesy...i have chosen mine using the word of God cool
Every man his own lifestyle.... cheesy

No bro...wat i typed which u called 'rubbish' was plain English language spiced wit explicit instructions cheesy...Unless u want me to explain it for you 'word for word'..though dat will be an irony... grin grin

Once again i can not waste my precious time defending my beliefs wen i know u have already created a terrible perception of the bible and of God..
Of wat use is it explaining to you about the scriptures wen You don't even believe in God or his word?...Its like pouring water on a basket... undecided undecided

To me Christianity is a way of life..to you its not...wats d big deal?...different strokes for different folks...no one is stopping u from declaring that other beliefs are a way of life..... cheesy cheesy
Thats ur choice...not mine...
Ohh yes,every thing is special about Christianity...and am more than comfortable with it... cool cool

Ohh...then Why are u here on this thread...?
We don't hate been challenged....Thats ur perception about us...on the contrary we are willing to defend our faith in God...
But like i said before now,wats d point wen u have already created ur wrong impression about the bible and of God...?

Finally,U are free to believe in wat u want to believe...thats ur choice...and i totally respect that just the same way i respect a Muslim's belief...

Once again,If you don't believe in the bible or God,this thread will never make sense to you...Good day bro cool cool
perfect bro. Ignored the atheist. I love your post.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by openmine(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
perfect bro. Ignored the atheist. I love your post.
d guy is lost...dats one funny but dangerous thing about being an atheist....i guess he is amazed by the progress of the christian race in spite of its challenges but too proud to admit it...just seeking a way to justify why he is an unbeliever....too bad! embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by cloudgoddess(f): 1:49am On Feb 08, 2016
This thread is somewhat laughable.. to any outside observer christianity is definitely a religion (involves gods, worshiping, prayer, and dogma). If amongst yourselves you want to pretend you're not, you can go ahead and do that. But everyone else can see that it is.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by openmine(m): 2:21am On Feb 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
This thread is somewhat laughable.. to any outside observer christianity is definitely a religion (involves gods, worshiping, prayer, and dogma). If amongst yourselves you want to pretend you're not, you can go ahead and do that. But everyone else can see that it is.
dere is absolutely nothing wrong about having an opinion about Christianity.... it means different tins to different people...

a dictionary can derive its meaning...

an atheist or free thinker can form its own meaning about Christianity...

but a believer in Christ knows the TRUE meaning of Christianity according to the scriptures(bible)....

A believer in Christ knows dat d word Christianity goes beyond an appendage or title granted to dose who go to church,......its an identity... its a nature...a way of living...a pattern of life in Christ....having the nature of Christ imputed in a believer...

Its hard for an unbeliever or oda belief systems to understand or comprehend cos such lifestyle or nature is beyond deir scope or knowledge...but as believers,we hope for a time wen d world will fully understand d true meaning of Christianity from a believer's perspective.....

It doesn't matter wat odas think about it...after all everyone is entitled to its opinion...

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by lepasharon(f): 4:44am On Feb 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
I want you to read the op one more time, bring fort your argument, were I am wrong, that's were we will began.

You was already bullshittin from the title of the thread. The difference between religion an christianity ? Tell me, what difference? Why running away from the word religion.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by lepasharon(f): 4:46am On Feb 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

They know there is something wrong with religion. So they want to dissociate from the word

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by lepasharon(f): 4:47am On Feb 08, 2016
openmine:

dere is absolutely nothing wrong about having an opinion about Christianity.... it means different tins to different people...

a dictionary can derive its meaning...

an atheist or free thinker can form its own meaning about Christianity...

but a believer in Christ knows the TRUE meaning of Christianity according to the scriptures(bible)....

A believer in Christ knows dat d word Christianity goes beyond an appendage or title granted to dose who go to church,......its an identity... its a nature...a way of living...a pattern of life in Christ....having the nature of Christ imputed in a believer...

Its hard for an unbeliever or oda belief systems to understand or comprehend cos such lifestyle or nature is beyond deir scope or knowledge...but as believers,we hope for a time wen d world will fully understand d true meaning of Christianity from a believer's perspective.....

It doesn't matter wat odas think about it...after all everyone is entitled to its opinion...

Is Islam a religion ?
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by openmine(m): 6:01am On Feb 08, 2016
lepasharon:

Is Islam a religion ?
am not a muslim...so I can't say if its one or not.. I tink a muslim will b in a beta position to answer dat for u...
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2016
lepasharon:

You was already bullshittin from the title of the thread. The difference between religion an christianity ? Tell me, what difference? Why running away from the word religion.
Were in the bible Jesus use religion in describing His disciples ? The very people Jesus debate with is the religious leaders, the religious leaders are TRYING , but Jesus is saying TRUST in me. Religion is "TRYING" Christianity is "TRUSTING" when adam disobey God, did he have a chance to save himself ? NO. Religion is Man hoping to save himself. Christianity is God saving hopeless man (1 Tim. 1:15)

Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute. Do you want to accept Jesus ? Loose free from religion burden or atheism.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2016
Jesus Christ was neither killed nor was he crucified, as alleged by the Christians and the Jews, but that he was alive! because:

1. Jesus was reluctant to die! He had worked out a strategy of defence to repel the Jews. Because he wanted to remain alive!

2. He beseeched God for help. With strong crying and tears for God Almighty to keep him alive!

3. God ‘heard’ his prayers which means that God accepted his prayers to keep him alive!

4. An angel of god came to strengthen him: In the hope and belief that God will save him alive!

5. Pilate finds Jesus not guilty! Good reason to keep Jesus alive!

6. Pilates wife shown a dream in which she was told that - ‘No harm should come to this just man.’ In other words that he should be saved alive!

7. Supposed to be on the cross for only three hours. According to the system in vogue, no man could die by crucifixion in so short a time which means that even if he was fastened to the cross - he was alive!

8. The other two - his ‘crossmates’ on their respective crosses were alive. So Jesus too, for the same period of time must be alive!

9. Encyclopedia biblica under article ‘cross’ - column 960 says: ‘When the spear was thrust - Jesus was alive!

10. ‘Forthwith’ came there out blood and water: ‘Forthwith’ means straightaway, immediately which was a sure sign that Jesus was alive!

11. Legs not broken - as a fulfilment of prophecy. ‘Legs’ can be of any use only if Jesus was alive!

12.Thunderstorm, earthquake, and darkening of the sun all within 3 hours! To disperse the sadistic mob to enable his ‘secret disciples’ to help, keep him alive!

13. Jews doubted his death: They suspected that he had escaped death on the cross - that he was alive!

14. Pilate ‘marvels’ to hear that Jesus was dead. He knew from experience that no man can die so soon by crucifixion. He suspected that Jesus was alive!

15. Big roomy chamber: Close at hand, and big and airy for willing hands to come to the rescue. Providence was out to keep Jesus alive!

16. Stone and ‘winding sheets’ had to be removed: Only necessary if Jesus was alive!

17. Report on winding sheets. German Scientists who carried out experiments on the ‘Shroud of Turin’ said that the heart of Jesus had not stopped functioning - that he was alive!

18. Ever in disguise! Disguise not necessary if Jesus was ‘resurrected’. Only necessary if he was alive!

19. Forbade Mary Magdalene to touch him ‘Touch me not’ for this reason that it would hurt; because he was alive!

20. ‘Not yet ascended unto my father’ In the language of the Jews, in the idiom of the Jews, he was saying, ‘I am not dead yet’, in other words, ‘I am alive!’

21. Mary Magdalene not afraid on recognising Jesus. Because she had seen signs of life before. She was looking for a Jesus who was alive!

22. Disciples petrified on seeing Jesus in the upper-room. All their knowledge about the ‘crucifixion’ was from hearsay, therefore, they could not believe that Jesus was alive!

23. Ate food again and again in his post ‘crucifixion’ appearances. Food only necessary if he was alive!

24. Never showed himself to his enemies. Because he had escaped death by the ‘skin of his teeth’. He was alive!

25. Took only short trips. Because he was not resurrected, not spiritualised, but alive!

26. Testimony of men around the tomb “Why seek ye the living among the dead?” (Luke 24:4-5) That he is not dead, but alive!

27. Testimony of angels “angels who had said that he was alive!” (Luke 24:23) Did not say, ‘resurrected’ but the actual word uttered by the angels was ‘Alive!’

28. Mary Magdalene testifies “they heard that he was alive, and had been seen by her, they believed not” (Mark 16-11).

Mary did not vouch for a spook, or ghost or spirit of Jesus but a Live Jesus. What they could not believe was that the Master was alive!

29. Dr. primrose testifies: That the ‘water and the blood’, when Jesus was lanced on the side, was on account of an upset in the nervous vessels because of the scourging by staves. Which was a sure sign that Jesus was alive!

30. Jesus had himself foretold that his miracle will be the miracle of Jonah! According to the Book of Jonah, Jonah was alive, when we expected him to be dead; similarly when we expect Jesus to be dead, he should be alive!
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Richirich713: 8:27am On Feb 08, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Jesus Christ was neither killed nor was he crucified, as alleged by the Christians and the Jews, but that he was alive! because:

1. Jesus was reluctant to die! He had worked out a strategy of defence to repel the Jews. Because he wanted to remain alive!

2. He beseeched God for help. With strong crying and tears for God Almighty to keep him alive!

3. God ‘heard’ his prayers which means that God accepted his prayers to keep him alive!

4. An angel of god came to strengthen him: In the hope and belief that God will save him alive!

5. Pilate finds Jesus not guilty! Good reason to keep Jesus alive!

6. Pilates wife shown a dream in which she was told that - ‘No harm should come to this just man.’ In other words that he should be saved alive!

7. Supposed to be on the cross for only three hours. According to the system in vogue, no man could die by crucifixion in so short a time which means that even if he was fastened to the cross - he was alive!

8. The other two - his ‘crossmates’ on their respective crosses were alive. So Jesus too, for the same period of time must be alive!

9. Encyclopedia biblica under article ‘cross’ - column 960 says: ‘When the spear was thrust - Jesus was alive!

10. ‘Forthwith’ came there out blood and water: ‘Forthwith’ means straightaway, immediately which was a sure sign that Jesus was alive!

11. Legs not broken - as a fulfilment of prophecy. ‘Legs’ can be of any use only if Jesus was alive!

12.Thunderstorm, earthquake, and darkening of the sun all within 3 hours! To disperse the sadistic mob to enable his ‘secret disciples’ to help, keep him alive!

13. Jews doubted his death: They suspected that he had escaped death on the cross - that he was alive!

14. Pilate ‘marvels’ to hear that Jesus was dead. He knew from experience that no man can die so soon by crucifixion. He suspected that Jesus was alive!

15. Big roomy chamber: Close at hand, and big and airy for willing hands to come to the rescue. Providence was out to keep Jesus alive!

16. Stone and ‘winding sheets’ had to be removed: Only necessary if Jesus was alive!

17. Report on winding sheets. German Scientists who carried out experiments on the ‘Shroud of Turin’ said that the heart of Jesus had not stopped functioning - that he was alive!

18. Ever in disguise! Disguise not necessary if Jesus was ‘resurrected’. Only necessary if he was alive!

19. Forbade Mary Magdalene to touch him ‘Touch me not’ for this reason that it would hurt; because he was alive!

20. ‘Not yet ascended unto my father’ In the language of the Jews, in the idiom of the Jews, he was saying, ‘I am not dead yet’, in other words, ‘I am alive!’

21. Mary Magdalene not afraid on recognising Jesus. Because she had seen signs of life before. She was looking for a Jesus who was alive!

22. Disciples petrified on seeing Jesus in the upper-room. All their knowledge about the ‘crucifixion’ was from hearsay, therefore, they could not believe that Jesus was alive!

23. Ate food again and again in his post ‘crucifixion’ appearances. Food only necessary if he was alive!

24. Never showed himself to his enemies. Because he had escaped death by the ‘skin of his teeth’. He was alive!

25. Took only short trips. Because he was not resurrected, not spiritualised, but alive!

26. Testimony of men around the tomb “Why seek ye the living among the dead?” (Luke 24:4-5) That he is not dead, but alive!

27. Testimony of angels “angels who had said that he was alive!” (Luke 24:23) Did not say, ‘resurrected’ but the actual word uttered by the angels was ‘Alive!’

28. Mary Magdalene testifies “they heard that he was alive, and had been seen by her, they believed not” (Mark 16-11).

Mary did not vouch for a spook, or ghost or spirit of Jesus but a Live Jesus. What they could not believe was that the Master was alive!

29. Dr. primrose testifies: That the ‘water and the blood’, when Jesus was lanced on the side, was on account of an upset in the nervous vessels because of the scourging by staves. Which was a sure sign that Jesus was alive!

30. Jesus had himself foretold that his miracle will be the miracle of Jonah! According to the Book of Jonah, Jonah was alive, when we expected him to be dead; similarly when we expect Jesus to be dead, he should be alive!

This only makes sense once we ignore all the verses speaking about Jesus crucifixion and resurrection.

We also have to ignore Jesus predicting his death.

U can do the same with Sura (4:157-158) then u will see the Quran hardly says anything about Jesus crucifixion.

But u would probably reject this method at a instant sum1 uses it against u right?

U would probably even accused them of twisting the Quran.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 08, 2016
4:157-158

And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh,’ – but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of ‘Isa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) But Allâh raised him [‘Isa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allâh is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise. )
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2016
hockeyoilers:
4:157-158

And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh,’ – but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of ‘Isa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) But Allâh raised him [‘Isa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allâh is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise. )
can't you see the lies muhammed told here ? Are you blind or deaf ? It is the Jews who are boasting here,
saying, “Surely we have killed the
Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah.” According to the
Qur’an, it is the Jews saying this. Think!
Would the hostile Jews call Jesus the
“Messiah” when they have rejected him
as the Messiah? It must be remembered
that the Jewish religious leaders even
objected when Pilate wrote a title saying, “King of the Jews.” (John 19:19-22). It is, therefore, illogical for the Jews to boastfully say that “we have killed the Messiah” when they did not accept Jesus as the Messiah in the first place. And if they did recognize him as the Messiah as this verse implies, would they have killed him? Whether they accept Jesus or not, the Jews will never make such a statement, sarcastically or otherwise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Adehakeema: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2016
This summarises the christianity of today.

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by openmine(m): 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Adehakeema:
This summarises the christianity of today.
there is a difference btw studying a book and allowing someone read it for you....u will forever remain a slave to dat person who reads for you...

last time I checked,every believer was never deprived of the bible in any way...

So if some believers worship a minister,and carry him like d pics u put up,it simply means dey r zombies who accept wateva d minister or pastor says without studying to find out wat d bible says...

2 timothy 2:15 "study to shew thyself approved unto God...a Workman that needeth not be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth..."

A believer is meant to study d word in oda not to b deceived by dose who claim to b ministers..esp dose who speak as though dey are d only ones who have access to God's number...

there will always b false prophets, teachers and preachers of d word...they are every where even in Nigeria...but just d way u have good and bad people,u will always find both sides of d divide....

d logos which is d word of God will show u d difference....

in spite of d awesome things Jesus did on earth,he never asked his disciples or his followers to carry him or not let his feet touch d ground like dat sham of a pastor on d pic...on d contrary,he humbly washed d feet of his disciples... just to teach dem d virtues of humility....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
openmine:

there is a difference btw studying a book and allowing someone read it for you....u will forever remain a slave to dat person who reads for you...

last time I checked,every believer was never deprived of the bible in any way...

So if some believers worship a minister,and carry him like d pics u put up,it simply means dey r zombies who accept wateva d minister or pastor says without studying to find out wat d bible says...

2 timothy 2:15 "study to shew thyself approved unto God...a Workman that needeth not be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth..."

A believer is meant to study d word in oda not to b deceived by dose who claim to b ministers..esp dose who speak as though dey are d only ones who have access to God's number...

there will always b false prophets, teachers and preachers of d word...they are every where even in Nigeria...but just d way u have good and bad people,u will always find both sides of d divide....

d logos which is d word of God will show u d difference....

in spite of d awesome things Jesus did on earth,he never asked his disciples or his followers to carry him or not let his feet touch d ground like dat sham of a pastor on d pic...on d contrary,he humbly washed d feet of his disciples... just to teach dem d virtues of humility....

word brother, God bless you...I love this coment " there is a difference btw studying a book and allowing someone read it for you....u will forever remain a slave to dat person who reads for you..."

Perfect answer.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.

Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."

CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).

2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.

CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).

3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.

CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another. Although he must beware (1 peter 5:cool

4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).

CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).

5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God"wink.

CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"wink.

6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).

CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).

7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).

CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).

8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).

CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).

Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus we are not saved by good works but we are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

Are you resting fully in the finished work of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ, WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:17am On Feb 11, 2016
malvisguy212:
There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.

Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."

CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).

2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.

CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).

be saved.

CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another. Although he must beware (1 peter 5:cool

4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).

CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).

5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God"wink.

CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"wink.

6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).

CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).

7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).

CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).

8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).

CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).

Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus we are not saved by good works but we are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

Are you resting fully in the finished work of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ, WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 8:29am On Feb 13, 2016
malvisguy212:

be saved.

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by habicab: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
Were in the bible Jesus use religion in describing His disciples ? The very people Jesus debate with is the religious leaders, the religious leaders are TRYING , but Jesus is saying TRUST in me. Religion is "TRYING" Christianity is "TRUSTING" .

Please, how did Jesus describe his disciples according to the bible?
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by habicab: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
can't you see the lies muhammed told here ? Are you blind or deaf ? It is the Jews who are boasting here,
saying, “Surely we have killed the
Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah.” According to the
Qur’an, it is the Jews saying this. Think!
Would the hostile Jews call Jesus the
“Messiah” when they have rejected him
as the Messiah? It must be remembered
that the Jewish religious leaders even
objected when Pilate wrote a title saying, “King of the Jews.” (John 19:19-22). It is, therefore, illogical for the Jews to boastfully say that “we have killed the Messiah” when they did not accept Jesus as the Messiah in the first place. And if they did recognize him as the Messiah as this verse implies, would they have killed him? Whether they accept Jesus or not, the Jews will never make such a statement, sarcastically or otherwise.

I don't know why english language is causing a problem for you. Anyone who attended english classes in school would simply comprehend the verses. The messiah in the verse is the word of the Qur'an and for people [like you and the jews who do not accept him as the messiah] to understand who it's referring to, there's a bracket afterwards with the name Jesus in it. I don't know why you just want to compound your problems just because you don't want to accept the truth. If you have any other problem with the verses, kindly state them because this that you have pointed out is as a result of your deficiency in english comprehension.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 1:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

I don't know why english language is causing a problem for you. Anyone who attended english classes in school would simply comprehend the verses. The messiah in the verse is the word of the Qur'an and for people [like you and the jews who do not accept him as the messiah] to understand who it's referring to, there's a bracket afterwards with the name Jesus in it. I don't know why you just want to compound your problems just because you don't want to accept the truth. If you have any other problem with the verses, kindly state them because this that you have pointed out is as a result of your deficiency in english comprehension.
nonsense, so you cannot detect the word of Allah and the Jews in the quran ? So it is the quran that is boasting ? This is embarrassing.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by nasiayam: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

+1 eloquently said
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by habicab: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
nonsense, so you cannot detect the word of Allah and the Jews in the quran ? So it is the quran that is boasting ? This is embarrassing.

I've told you before, you have comprehension problem, you should be humble enough to ask when you are ignorant of something and you would be appropriately guided. Please don't boastfully disgrace yourself here. Even those more intelligent and respectful than you ask when they don't know. Please control yourself.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

I've told you before, you have comprehension problem, you should be humble enough to ask when you are ignorant of something and you would be appropriately guided. Please don't boastfully disgrace yourself here. Even those more intelligent and respectful than you ask when they don't know. Please control yourself.
so who was speaking if not the Jews ? The preceding verse indicate it was the Jews talking, the verse say "IN THEIR SAYING" how can you claim, it was the quran talking here ? Your lies is too much.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership / "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.