Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. (10536 Views)

Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Nairaland Muslims Confess That Islam Is Dying And Christianity Is Gaining / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 8:55am On May 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.

Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."

CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).

2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.

CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).

3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.

CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another. Although he must beware (1 peter 5:cool

4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).

CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).

5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God"wink.

CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"wink.

6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).

CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).

7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).

CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).

8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).

CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).

Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus we are not saved by good works but we are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

Are you resting fully in the finished work of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ, WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 11:29pm On May 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.

Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."

CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).

2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.

CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).

be saved.

CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another. Although he must beware (1 peter 5:cool

4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).

CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).

5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God"wink.

CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"wink.

6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).

CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).

7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).

CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).

8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).

CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).

Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus we are not saved by good works but we are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

Are you resting fully in the finished work of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ, WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).
A
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:30am On May 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
First Corinthians 1:20
(ESV) asks, “Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the
debater of this age? Has not God made
foolish the wisdom of the world?

This thread is not for you, you do not belong to the kingdom of God, Jesus likened people like you as dogs who eat from their master table, this teaching is beyond your knowledge. First
Corinthians 1:28–29 (ESV) goes on:

But God chose what is foolish in the
world to shame the wise; God chose
what is weak in the world to shame
the strong; God chose what is low and
despised in the world, even things
that are not, to bring to nothing
things that are, so that no human
being might boast in the presence of
God.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2016
truthman2012:

Good.

The religious aspect of the thread is referring to norminal Christians and muslims trying to please God in the power of the flesh.

The Bible says ''by strength shall no man prevail.

Neither is salvation obtainable by goog deed but through the finished work of Christ.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
Happy sunday
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2016
malvisguy212:

This thread is not for you, you do not belong to the kingdom of God, Jesus likened people like you as dogs who eat from their master table, this teaching is beyond your knowledge. First

God.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:36am On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:

God.
A
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2016
God bless[center][/center] you @ op for this wonderful exposition.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by akintom(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:

be saved.

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by akintom(m): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:

be saved.

Every thought and writing of religious folks on religion will always betray religious absurdities.

All the self-conflicting gist on difference are mere semantics of - "christianity is not religion but a way of life". This is puerile defence of how delusionary it's to hold religious world views from the lens of Christian religion.

To support your contradictions, you quoted your Bible to support your argument for both descriptive words. In the end of this needless exercise, you have just established that Christianity is religion and religion is Christianity.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 9:10am On Oct 09, 2016
akintom:

Every thought and writing of religious folks on religion will always betray religious absurdities.

All the self-conflicting gist on difference are mere semantics of - "christianity is not religion but a way of life". This is puerile defence of how delusionary it's to hold religious world views from the lens of Christian religion.

To support your contradictions, you quoted your Bible to support your argument for both descriptive words. In the end of this needless exercise, you have just established that Christianity is religion and religion is Christianity.
Read it one more time and point were I contradict myself, let us start there. The substance is in the heart which you cannot see because you belong to the pagan world, why did the pagan at antioch first call the apostles christian ?
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:

be saved.

then what are you doing in the religious section
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by akintom(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
Read it one more time and point were I contradict myself, let us start there. The substance is in the heart which you cannot see because you belong to the pagan world, why did the pagan at antioch first call the apostles christian ?

Your self-contradicting stance is founded on the definition of religion - which 100% describes Christian beliefs.

Exegesis is simply a further exposure of grand irrelevance of the Bible to the rational world of humans.

Remember the definition of Christian faith - "act of believing without and against reasons (evidence)" e.g your God created human beings, an amputee is brought before God for him to grow the limb back, God couldn't.

Coincidentally, the above definition is also the definition of clinical delusion.
No insult intended.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by KingEbukaNaija: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
cloudgoddess:
"religion (n) - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."

Nope, still religion.

Buddhism , Confucianism do not do those but they are still called religions
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:42pm On May 30, 2017
God name be praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
g
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
malvisguy212:

God.
Re: The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. by malvisguy212: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
malvisguy212:

be saved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion / "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.